Too cool to calypso, Too tough to tango, Too weird to watusi -- The Only Ones

interests / alt.politics / Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

SubjectAuthor
* Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityBradley K. Sherman
+- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityGovernor Swill
`* Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityNoBody
 +* Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityBradley K. Sherman
 |+- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianitySiri Cruise
 |`* Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityNoBody
 | `- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityNoBody
 `* Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityLee
  +- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityGovernor Swill
  +* Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityNoBody
  |`- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityNoBody
  `* Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity68hx.1805
   `- Re: Boobs-And-Booze ChristianityLee

1
Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<utl6qs$b8a$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37540&group=alt.politics#37540

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity
Date: 23 Mar 2024 00:13:16 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:13 UTC

| Why Character Doesn't Matter Anymore
|
| The "cheerful prudery" of Ned Flanders has given way to
| vulgarity, misogyny, and partisanship. What does this mean
| for our witness?
| As Graham says, a raunchy "boobs-and-booze ethos has
| elbowed its way into the conservative power class,
| accelerated by the rise of Donald J. Trump, the declining
| influence of traditional religious institutions and a
| shifting media landscape increasingly dominated by the
| looser standards of online culture."
<https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flanders-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>

--bks

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<om8tvi9gv04un7repcsad75ecbmjjbkka6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37550&group=alt.politics#37550

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 05:38:16 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:38 UTC

On 23 Mar 2024 00:13:16 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Why Character Doesn't Matter Anymore
> |
> | The "cheerful prudery" of Ned Flanders has given way to
> | vulgarity, misogyny, and partisanship. What does this mean
> | for our witness?
> | As Graham says, a raunchy "boobs-and-booze ethos has
> | elbowed its way into the conservative power class,
> | accelerated by the rise of Donald J. Trump, the declining
> | influence of traditional religious institutions and a
> | shifting media landscape increasingly dominated by the
> | looser standards of online culture."
><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flanders-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>

That's damning but not anything I haven't been thinking since the Moral Majority helped
elect America's first divorced President.

Swill
--
"Eventually he turns on everyone, and soon it will be you and then the entire country."
- Anthony Scaramucci

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<0rotvipjvcoa0mmd7a097sspl47g6fsu10@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37555&group=alt.politics#37555

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:12:56 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:12 UTC

wrote:

> | Why Character Doesn't Matter Anymore
> |
> | The "cheerful prudery" of Ned Flanders has given way to
> | vulgarity, misogyny, and partisanship. What does this mean
> | for our witness?
> | As Graham says, a raunchy "boobs-and-booze ethos has
> | elbowed its way into the conservative power class,
> | accelerated by the rise of Donald J. Trump, the declining
> | influence of traditional religious institutions and a
> | shifting media landscape increasingly dominated by the
> | looser standards of online culture."
><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flanders-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>
> --bks

Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
it all about a Trump attack.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<utmo80$9ai$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37557&group=alt.politics#37557

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:16:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:16 UTC

Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> | Why Character Doesn't Matter Anymore
>> |
>> | The "cheerful prudery" of Ned Flanders has given way to
>> | vulgarity, misogyny, and partisanship. What does this mean
>> | for our witness?
>> | As Graham says, a raunchy "boobs-and-booze ethos has
>> | elbowed its way into the conservative power class,
>> | accelerated by the rise of Donald J. Trump, the declining
>> | influence of traditional religious institutions and a
>> | shifting media landscape increasingly dominated by the
>> | looser standards of online culture."
>><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flanders-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>
>Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>it all about a Trump attack.

Leave it to Kremlin Girl to add nothing to the thread
other than an attack on me. I doubt she even read the
article, so mistaken is her comment. The attentive reader
will note that she does not state "the real message".
This is her whole schtick: attack the messenger; add
nothing cogent, insightful or informative.

--bks

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<utn0ek$3o9t3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37558&group=alt.politics#37558

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:36:33 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:36 UTC

Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>> it all about a Trump attack.
> Leave it to Kremlin Girl to add nothing to the thread
> other than an attack on me. I doubt she even read the
> article, so mistaken is her comment. The attentive reader
> will note that she does not state "the real message".
> This is her whole schtick: attack the messenger; add
> nothing cogent, insightful or informative.

Nothing is happenning now that hasn't happenned many times before.
That's why they wrote a first amendment.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<ptb00jhp41kq6g6lss2jb1of5ghbsbaopk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37568&group=alt.politics#37568

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:52:28 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 13:52 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:16:32 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>>><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flanders-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>>
>>Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>>it all about a Trump attack.
>
>Leave it to Kremlin Girl to add nothing to the thread
>other than an attack on me. I doubt she even read the
>article, so mistaken is her comment. The attentive reader
>will note that she does not state "the real message".
>This is her whole schtick: attack the messenger; add
>nothing cogent, insightful or informative.

You're use of the term "attack" is beyond ironic since all you do is
post political attacks. Oh and you didn't read the article but I did.

> --bks

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<89m20jhugqid0n2r1aeulbtf3f4q2l3k8c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37592&group=alt.politics#37592

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 07:00:19 -0400
 by: NoBody - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:00 UTC

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:52:28 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:16:32 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>Sherman) wrote:

>>>Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>>>it all about a Trump attack.
>>
>>Leave it to Kremlin Girl to add nothing to the thread
>>other than an attack on me. I doubt she even read the
>>article, so mistaken is her comment. The attentive reader
>>will note that she does not state "the real message".
>>This is her whole schtick: attack the messenger; add
>>nothing cogent, insightful or informative.
>
>You're use of the term "attack" is beyond ironic since all you do is
>post political attacks. Oh and you didn't read the article but I did.
>>
>> --bks

And Bradley has vanished once again.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<o7KcnTiQ7Mj1Zp_7nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37662&group=alt.politics#37662

From: clee...@gmail.com (Lee)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:44:24 +0000
 by: Lee - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:44 UTC

NoBody wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2024 00:13:16 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
> wrote:
>

> > > Why Character Doesn't Matter Anymore
> > >
> > > The "cheerful prudery" of Ned Flanders has given way to
> > > vulgarity, misogyny, and partisanship. What does this mean
> > > for our witness?
> > > As Graham says, a raunchy "boobs-and-booze ethos has
> > > elbowed its way into the conservative power class,
> > > accelerated by the rise of Donald J. Trump, the declining
> > > influence of traditional religious institutions and a
> > > shifting media landscape increasingly dominated by the
> > > looser standards of online culture."
> > <https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flande
> > rs-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
> >
> > --bks
>
> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
> it all about a Trump attack.

The article specifically mentions Trump.

And it is right, he has introduced a
new level of vulgarity and misogyny
("blood coming out of her whatever") into
US politics.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<93r70j54093pmr6390oacvdru2vuudvpgp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37679&group=alt.politics#37679

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 05:54:07 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:54 UTC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:44:24 +0000, "Lee" <cleetis@gmail.com> wrote:

>NoBody wrote:

>> > <https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flande
>> > rs-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>> >
>> > --bks
>>
>> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>> it all about a Trump attack.
>

> The article specifically mentions Trump.
>
> And it is right, he has introduced a
>new level of vulgarity and misogyny
>("blood coming out of her whatever") into
>US politics.

Nobody's comment proves she didn't read the article. She just jumped on Bradley's
comment.

Yet again proof that she nothing more than a troll.

Swill
--
"Eventually he turns on everyone, and soon it will be you and then the entire country."
- Anthony Scaramucci

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<bb080jlmr5vgimhg0m0gg76m9vg5k8gaeh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37688&group=alt.politics#37688

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:23:27 -0400
 by: NoBody - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:23 UTC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:44:24 +0000, "Lee" <cleetis@gmail.com> wrote:

>NoBody wrote:

>> > <https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flande
>> > rs-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>> >
>> > --bks
>>
>> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>> it all about a Trump attack.
>

> The article specifically mentions Trump.
>
> And it is right, he has introduced a
>new level of vulgarity and misogyny
>("blood coming out of her whatever") into
>US politics.

A "mention" does not make it the subject.
Good Lord Lying Lee. Do I need to explain English to you?

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<hTmdnYuVJfqXa5n7nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37703&group=alt.politics#37703

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: 68hx.1...@g5t7x.net (68hx.1805)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 00:46:02 -0400
 by: 68hx.1805 - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 04:46 UTC

On 3/26/24 12:44 PM, Lee wrote:
> NoBody wrote:

>>> <https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/march-web-only/ned-flande
>>> rs-douglas-wilson-russell-moore-character.html>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>> it all about a Trump attack.
>

> The article specifically mentions Trump.
>
> And it is right, he has introduced a
> new level of vulgarity and misogyny
> ("blood coming out of her whatever") into
> US politics.

They NEVER let you join the Guy Club, did they ? :-)

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<ceka0j50opn13bl32687phaknmhtv8rbt6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37708&group=alt.politics#37708

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:17:54 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:17 UTC

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:23:27 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:44:24 +0000, "Lee" <cleetis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>NoBody wrote:

>>> Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to make
>>> it all about a Trump attack.
>>

>> The article specifically mentions Trump.
>>
>> And it is right, he has introduced a
>>new level of vulgarity and misogyny
>>("blood coming out of her whatever") into
>>US politics.
>>

>A "mention" does not make it the subject.
>Good Lord Lying Lee. Do I need to explain English to you?

And Lying Lee has fled.

Re: Boobs-And-Booze Christianity

<9vWdnTIw1KVJD5j7nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37718&group=alt.politics#37718

From: clee...@gmail.com (Lee)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:55:00 +0000
 by: Lee - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:55 UTC

68hx.1805 wrote:

> On 3/26/24 12:44 PM, Lee wrote:
> > NoBody wrote:

> > > Leave it to Bradley to ignore the real message of the article to
> > > make it all about a Trump attack.
> >

> > The article specifically mentions Trump.
> >
> > And it is right, he has introduced a
> > new level of vulgarity and misogyny
> > ("blood coming out of her whatever") into
> > US politics.
>

> They NEVER let you join the Guy Club, did they ? :-)

"I would never join a club so
low as to accept me as a member"
Groucho Marx