Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture,alt.politics.republicans
From: 68hx.1...@g5t7x.net (68hx.1805)
Subject: Just Weird : Botswana Threatens to "Deport" 20,000 Elephants to
GERMANY
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 16:30:27 -0400
 by: 68hx.1805 - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:30 UTC

https://www.politico.eu/article/botswana-president-mokgweetsi-masisi-threatens-deport-20000-elephants-germany/

Botswana’s President Mokgweetsi Masisi has threatened to
send 20,000 elephants to Germany as the countries argue
over the import of hunting trophies.

“No joke,” he told the German tabloid BILD on Tuesday.

Masisi attacked the German federal government, and the
environment ministry in particular, led by Green minister
Steffi Lemke, for seeking to ban the import of trophies
despite Botswana’s overpopulation of elephants.

“It is very easy to sit in Berlin and have an opinion
about our affairs in Botswana. We are paying the price
for preserving these animals for the world,” he said.

Botswana, home to about 130,000 elephants according to
the president, has sent 8,000 to Angola already.

.. . .

Never thought I'd see a story like THIS.

There IS some truth to the Botswana complaint. Euro
greenies/animal-rights/conservation groups seek to
ban hunting of large African animals. The problem
is that the populations of said animals INCREASES,
perhaps to a serious degree, but said do-gooders
do NOT offer money/resources/options to the
afflicted countries. They'd prefer to run all the
humans out of the area and leave it to the
wunnerful animals instead. And no, they won't pay
for the displaced humans either .......

Hmm ... there's some similarly-scrubby land in
northern Argentina and into Paraguay ... ship
a few thousand there !