Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.judaism,soc.culture.israel,alt.politics
From: d...@ray (D. Ray)
Subject: Israel Bombed Foreign Aid Workers Three Times Until They Were All Killed
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 24 17:35:57 UTC
 by: D. Ray - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 17:35 UTC

Israel launched three separate drone strikes on an aid convoy in its attack
that killed seven World Central Kitchen aid workers, Haaretz reported on
Tuesday.

One Israeli drone fired three missiles at three cars that were clearly
marked with the WCK’s logos and were traveling on roads preapproved by the
Israeli military. After the first car was hit, wounded survivors were
picked up by a second car. After that car was hit, they went into the third
car. Then, the Israeli drone finished the job.

The attack killed three British nationals, a dual American-Canadian
citizen, a Palestinian, an Australian, and a Polish citizen. Israeli
officials have claimed the airstrikes were a mistake, but the meticulous
nature of the operation suggests it was a targeted killing of aid workers
and part of Israel’s campaign to starve Palestinians, as several aid
organizations have suspended operations in Gaza in response.

According to Israeli sources speaking to Haaretz, the three cars were hit
after escorting an aid truck to a food warehouse in central Gaza.

The sources said the Israeli unit responsible for the route claimed to
identify an armed man on the aid truck and suspected he was a “terrorist,”
although he could have just been providing security for the aid shipment.
Israel has repeatedly targeted Gaza’s police officers who guard aid
convoys.

The alleged armed man was the justification for the strike, even though the
cars were hit after leaving the aid truck at the warehouse. Another Haaretz
report cited Israeli sources who said the strikes happened not because of a
lack of coordination between aid groups and the Israeli military but
because Israeli “officers on the ground do what they want.”

The White House defended the Israeli slaughter of aid workers during a
press briefing on Tuesday. White House National Security Council spokesman
John Kirby claimed there was “no evidence” that it was a deliberate strike
in a testy exchange with a reporter.

When asked if killing aid workers violated international humanitarian law,
Kirby said, “Your question presumes, at this very early hour, that it was a
deliberate strike, that they knew exactly what they were hitting, that they
were hitting aid workers and did it on purpose. There’s no evidence of
that.”

Kirby also repeated a lie from the State Department that there was no
evidence that Israel has violated international law since October 7. “I
will also remind you, sir, that we continue to look at incidents as they
occur. The State Department has a process in place, and to date, as you and
I are speaking today, they have not found any incidents where the Israelis
have violated international humanitarian law,” he said.

Israel has been bombing aid workers in Gaza throughout the war as hundreds
of employees of the UN’s Palestinian relief agency, UNWRA, have been
killed. Back in November, POLITICO reported that the US was sharing with
Israel the location of aid groups in Gaza to avoid strikes on those areas,
but Israel was bombing them anyway.

<https://news.antiwar.com/2024/04/02/israel-bombed-foreign-aid-workers-three-times-until-they-were-all-killed/>

<https://archive.ph/NxtMS>

Re: Israel Bombed Foreign Aid Workers Three Times Until They Were All Killed

<uul4cm$d88r$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37959&group=alt.politics#37959

From: ldo...@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.israel,alt.politics,nz.politics
Subject: Re: Israel Bombed Foreign Aid Workers Three Times Until They Were All
Killed
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 02:47:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 02:47 UTC

On Wed, 03 Apr 24 17:35:57 UTC, D. Ray wrote:

> Israel launched three separate drone strikes on an aid convoy in its
> attack that killed seven World Central Kitchen aid workers, Haaretz
> reported on Tuesday.

Just a mistake, honest guv. Actually three separate mistakes, three
separate bulls-eyes.