From: 44ac94be...@example.com (hh)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:15:02 +0000
 by: hh - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:15 UTC

I just opened a can of minwax semi gloss clear poly and the can was mlky to look at not clear. I had just finished a can that was clear to look at not milky so it sounds to me deftective am returning the can. And trying another. Need to call minwax too.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/minwax-fast-drying-polyurethane-dries-to-white-haze-450901-.htm

Re: Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

<bd5fec3d-b195-46e8-8426-0f9e99d952b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3799&group=rec.woodworking#3799

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:53:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: bnwe...@gmail.com (Brian Welch)
 by: Brian Welch - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:53 UTC

On Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 3:15:06 PM UTC-4, hh wrote:
> I just opened a can of minwax semi gloss clear poly and the can was mlky to look at not clear. I had just finished a can that was clear to look at not milky so it sounds to me deftective am returning the can. And trying another. Need to call minwax too.
>
> --
> For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/minwax-fast-drying-polyurethane-dries-to-white-haze-450901-.htm
water based is milky in the can, from my experience...

Re: Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

<L-OdnR1g5dDrc2T9nZ2dnUU7-bfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3800&group=rec.woodworking#3800

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 17:17:26 -0500
 by: Leon - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 22:17 UTC

On 7/22/2021 2:15 PM, hh wrote:
> I just opened a can of minwax semi gloss clear poly and the can was mlky
> to look at not clear. I had just finished a can that was clear to look
> at not milky so it sounds to me deftective am returning the can.  And
> trying another.  Need to call minwax too.

WHAT kind of Minwad did you buy, Both times?

A water based poly in my experience ALWAYS looks milky in the can.
Applied, it will dry crystal clear.

If your previous can was clear, and properly stirred it was likely an
oil based finish.

If your finish dried with a milky haze you likely had a moisture problem.