From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Do YOU remember mere 121 years later? [Hun Speech 1900-07-27]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 04:59:20 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:5gX5454cB5xcO8pYbw4ULZlN354=
 by: A. Filip - Tue, 27 Jul 2021 04:59 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hun_speech

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the
| limits of the world. (Schopenhauer)

Re: Do YOU remember mere 121 years later? [Hun Speech 1900-07-27]

<193b4e6e-bea2-446a-b9dd-aef08a52d311n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3845&group=soc.culture.china#3845

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 06:50:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:50 UTC

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 12:59:23 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hun_speech
> > […] Wilhelm [Emperor of Germany] delivered this speech in Bremerhaven
> > on 27 July 1900, addressing German troops who were departing to
> > suppress the Boxer Rebellion in China. The speech was infused with
> > Wilhelm's fiery and chauvinistic rhetoric and clearly expressed his
> > vision of German imperial power. […]
>
> > […] Should you encounter the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter
> > will be given! Prisoners will not be taken! Whoever falls into your
> > hands is forfeited. Just as a thousand years ago the Huns under
> > their King Attila made a name for themselves, one that even today
> > makes them seem mighty in history and legend, may the name German
> > be affirmed by you in such a way in China that no Chinese will ever
> > again dare to look cross-eyed at a German. […]
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the
> | limits of the world. (Schopenhauer)

Quite a few articles accusing China of stealing German's high speed train technology.
What these articles failed to disclose is that China's contract with the German company
which built China's HSR included the training of 10,000 engineer and technicians.
From what I can pick up from Chinese media, South Koreans and Germans are in general
more willing to teach China, at a cost of course, but still teaching is teaching. Not Americans
and Japanese.

Chinese jet engine turbine blade production had a breakthrough a few years ago. German
company said they wanted to acquire the technology almost right away. China said "Yes"
almost as quick. Surprised but at the same time not really surprised, win-win cooperation
cannot be an one-way street.

One problem though, America might not allow it.

"China’s plan to supply Germany with jet engine turbine blade technology is likely to face similar hurdles as Germany partners with Pratt & Whitney, General Electric and other American engine manufacturers. Even if German authorities approve the deal, the sale could still be blocked by the U..S. government which considers jet engine manufacturers as strategic domestic companies."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/chinas-may-have-solved-the-one-thing-was-poised-stop-its-24149

Re: Do YOU remember mere 121 years later? [Hun Speech 1900-07-27]

<3LCdnTDL0Z7WF538nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3865&group=soc.culture.china#3865

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.history
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:35:55 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:35 UTC

"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+e6xq9yiwvf-l7r2@wp.eu...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hun_speech
> […] Wilhelm [Emperor of Germany] delivered this speech in Bremerhaven
> on 27 July 1900, addressing German troops who were departing to
> suppress the Boxer Rebellion in China. The speech was infused with
> Wilhelm's fiery and chauvinistic rhetoric and clearly expressed his
> vision of German imperial power. […]

> […] Should you encounter the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter
> will be given! Prisoners will not be taken! Whoever falls into your
> hands is forfeited. Just as a thousand years ago the Huns under
> their King Attila made a name for themselves, one that even today
> makes them seem mighty in history and legend, may the name German
> be affirmed by you in such a way in China that no Chinese will ever
> again dare to look cross-eyed at a German. […]

In in old edition of our local newspaper, in 1921 they were still calling
Germans "Huns", three years after the war ended...