Philogyny recapitulates erogeny; erogeny recapitulates philogyny.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8 answers: movie deaths, twins

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsPete Gayde
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twinsDan Tilque
`- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8 answers: movie deaths, twinsMark Brader

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<JdWdnbX4uPFCtfX_nZ2dnUU7-cfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3849&group=rec.games.trivia#3849

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:16:15 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:16 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-04-30,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths

Given the year of release and the method of death, name the *movie*
it occurs in. *Note*: In some cases the characters involved are
minor ones.

1. 1939; falls off a pony.
2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.
3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.
4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.
5. 1948; strangled by two of his friends.
6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.
7. 1998; fed to baby birds by the birds' mother.
8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.
9. 2006; impaled by a booby-trap used to kill tapirs.

10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
"the Dip".

* Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins

1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
Name the celeb -- first and last name.

2. Fictional. In the 7th movie of a series, one of a set
of twins loses an ear. In the 8th movie, the other dies.
Name both twins by first and last name.

3. Real. Between them, twins Ron and Richard played for the
Flyers, Blues, Nordique, Islanders, Bruins, Sharks, Penguins,
Canucks, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Flames.
Give their last name.

4. Real. Twins Tiki and Ronde both played football at Virginia
and were drafted in the second and third round respectively.
They had impressive single-team careers, with the Giants
and the Buccaneers. Give their last name.

5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
country. Name the country.

6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
Who are these twins? Name both.

7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
were twins. Name the *band*.

8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)

9. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
in 2002 that the hero and his arch-nemesis were actually
twins. Name both twins.

10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
Name both twins by first and last name.

--
Mark Brader | "...Backwards Compatibility, which, if you've made as
msb@vex.net | many mistakes as Intel and Microsoft have in the past,

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<XnsAE85CFA87EBCEYazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3850&group=rec.games.trivia#3850

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 20:24:49 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 18:24 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths
>
> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

The attack of the killer rabbits.

> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".

Nikita
> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins
>
> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland
> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<t49p52$2gt$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3851&group=rec.games.trivia#3851

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:45:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:45 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths

> 1. 1939; falls off a pony.

Gone With the Wind

> 2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.

Vertigo

> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

> 4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

> 5. 1948; strangled by two of his friends.

Rope

> 6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.

Pulp Fiction

> 8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.

Scanners

> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins

> 1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
> whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
> Name the celeb -- first and last name.

Elvis Presley

> 2. Fictional. In the 7th movie of a series, one of a set
> of twins loses an ear. In the 8th movie, the other dies.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Fred and George Weasley

> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland

> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus

> 7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
> were twins. Name the *band*.

Bee Gees

> 8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
> had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
> character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)

Phoebe Buffay

> 10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<t4aelb$5q3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3852&group=rec.games.trivia#3852

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:52:11 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 03:52 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:
>> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-04-30,
>> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
>> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
>> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths
>
> Given the year of release and the method of death, name the *movie*
> it occurs in. *Note*: In some cases the characters involved are
> minor ones.
>
> 1. 1939; falls off a pony.

Gone With the Wind

> 2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.

Vertigo

> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

> 4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

> 5. 1948; strangled by two of his friends.
> 6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.

Pulp Fiction

> 7. 1998; fed to baby birds by the birds' mother.
> 8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

> 9. 2006; impaled by a booby-trap used to kill tapirs.
>
> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".
>

> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins
>
> 1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
> whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
> Name the celeb -- first and last name.

Elvis Presley

> 2. Fictional. In the 7th movie of a series, one of a set
> of twins loses an ear. In the 8th movie, the other dies.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

George and Fred Weasley

> 3. Real. Between them, twins Ron and Richard played for the
> Flyers, Blues, Nordique, Islanders, Bruins, Sharks, Penguins,
> Canucks, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Flames.
> Give their last name.
>
> 4. Real. Twins Tiki and Ronde both played football at Virginia
> and were drafted in the second and third round respectively.
> They had impressive single-team careers, with the Giants
> and the Buccaneers. Give their last name.

Barber

> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland

> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus

> 7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
> were twins. Name the *band*.

Bee Gees

> 8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
> had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
> character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)
>
> 9. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 2002 that the hero and his arch-nemesis were actually
> twins. Name both twins.
>
> 10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Leia and Luke Skywalker

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<d68c3735-79c4-484c-a0ea-65d2cfb9ad05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3853&group=rec.games.trivia#3853

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:26:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 04:26 UTC

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 12:16:21 PM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths
>
> Given the year of release and the method of death, name the *movie*
> it occurs in. *Note*: In some cases the characters involved are
> minor ones.
>
> 1. 1939; falls off a pony.

"Gone with the Wind"

> 2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.

"Vertigo"

> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

> 4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark"

> 6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.

"Pulp Fiction"

> 7. 1998; fed to baby birds by the birds' mother.

"A Bug's Life"

> 8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.

"Scanners"
> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins
>
> 1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
> whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
> Name the celeb -- first and last name.

Elvis Presley

> 4. Real. Twins Tiki and Ronde both played football at Virginia
> and were drafted in the second and third round respectively.
> They had impressive single-team careers, with the Giants
> and the Buccaneers. Give their last name.

Barber

> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland

> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus

> 7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
> were twins. Name the *band*.

Bee Gees

> 8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
> had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
> character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)

Phoebe Buffay

> 9. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 2002 that the hero and his arch-nemesis were actually
> twins. Name both twins.

Austin Powers and Dr. Evil

> 10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8: movie deaths, twins

<t4fbsv$lrc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3854&group=rec.games.trivia#3854

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:35:40 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:35 UTC

On 4/26/22 10:16, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths
>
> Given the year of release and the method of death, name the *movie*
> it occurs in. *Note*: In some cases the characters involved are
> minor ones.
>
> 1. 1939; falls off a pony.

Gone with the Wind

> 2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.

Hunchback of Notre Dame

> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

> 4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.
> 5. 1948; strangled by two of his friends.
> 6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.
> 7. 1998; fed to baby birds by the birds' mother.
> 8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.
> 9. 2006; impaled by a booby-trap used to kill tapirs.
>
> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".
>

> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins
>
> 1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
> whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
> Name the celeb -- first and last name.
>
> 2. Fictional. In the 7th movie of a series, one of a set
> of twins loses an ear. In the 8th movie, the other dies.
> Name both twins by first and last name.
>
> 3. Real. Between them, twins Ron and Richard played for the
> Flyers, Blues, Nordique, Islanders, Bruins, Sharks, Penguins,
> Canucks, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Flames.
> Give their last name.
>
> 4. Real. Twins Tiki and Ronde both played football at Virginia
> and were drafted in the second and third round respectively.
> They had impressive single-team careers, with the Giants
> and the Buccaneers. Give their last name.
>
> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland

> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus

> 7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
> were twins. Name the *band*.
>
> 8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
> had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
> character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)
>
> 9. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 2002 that the hero and his arch-nemesis were actually
> twins. Name both twins.
>
> 10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Princess Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker

--
Dan Tilque

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8 answers: movie deaths, twins

<KaSdnYVGk4SlvvH_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3855&group=rec.games.trivia#3855

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 7-8 answers: movie deaths, twins
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:41:12 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:41 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-04-30,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

And I meant to say:

All questions were written by members of What She Said and/or
of Smith & Guessin', but have been reformatted and may have been
retyped and/or edited by me.

> * Game 1, Round 7 - Entertainment - Movie Deaths

> Given the year of release and the method of death, name the *movie*
> it occurs in. *Note*: In some cases the characters involved are
> minor ones.

This was the third-hardest round in the original game, after the
current events round and the audio round.

> 1. 1939; falls off a pony.

"Gone with the Wind". 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. 1958; falls from a bell tower.

"Vertigo". 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, and Joshua.

> 3. 1975; head bitten off by a rabbit.

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail". 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, Joshua,
and Dan Tilque.

> 4. 1981; chopped up by a plane propeller.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark". 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, and Joshua.

> 5. 1948; strangled by two of his friends.

"Rope". 4 for Dan Blum.

When I posted these questions in 2012, John Masters quipped:
"Makes me glad I don't have any friends."

> 6. 1994; accidentally shot in the face in a car.

"Pulp Fiction". 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, and Joshua.

> 7. 1998; fed to baby birds by the birds' mother.

"A Bug's Life". 4 for Joshua.

> 8. 1981; head explodes from a telekinetic attack.

"Scanners". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 9. 2006; impaled by a booby-trap used to kill tapirs.

"Apocalypto".

> 10. 1988; immersed in a mixture of caustic chemicals known as
> "the Dip".

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> * Game 1, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Real and Fictional Twins

This was the easiest round in the original game.

> 1. Real. This famous singer's older twin by 35 minutes,
> whose given names were Jesse Garon, died at birth in 1935.
> Name the celeb -- first and last name.

Elvis Presley. 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, and Joshua.

> 2. Fictional. In the 7th movie of a series, one of a set
> of twins loses an ear. In the 8th movie, the other dies.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

George and Fred Weasley (respectively). 4 for Dan Blum and Pete.

> 3. Real. Between them, twins Ron and Richard played for the
> Flyers, Blues, Nordique, Islanders, Bruins, Sharks, Penguins,
> Canucks, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Flames.
> Give their last name.

Sutter.

> 4. Real. Twins Tiki and Ronde both played football at Virginia
> and were drafted in the second and third round respectively.
> They had impressive single-team careers, with the Giants
> and the Buccaneers. Give their last name.

Barber. 4 for Pete and Joshua.

> 5. Real. At one point, twins Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski were
> Prime Minister and President, respectively, of the same
> country. Name the country.

Poland (in 2006-07). 4 for everyone -- Erland, Dan Blum, Pete,
Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 6. Fictional? They were said to be twin sons of a god, and
> were raised wild before getting into real estate development.
> Who are these twins? Name both.

Romulus and Remus. 4 for everyone.

> 7. Real. Two founding members of this band, Robin and Maurice,
> were twins. Name the *band*.

The Bee Gees. 4 for Dan Blum, Pete, and Joshua.

> 8. Fictional. This character in a top-rated 1994-2004 sitcom
> had numerous visits from her twin sister Ursula Buffay. Name the
> character. (First name required if the surname is Buffay.)

Phoebe Buffay (on "Friends"; Ursula was a character on the
1992-99 sitcom "Mad About You"; Lisa Kudrow played both twins).
4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 9. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 2002 that the hero and his arch-nemesis were actually
> twins. Name both twins.

Austin Powers and Dr. Evil (aka Dougie Powers). 4 for Joshua.

> 10. Fictional. It was revealed in the third movie of a series
> in 1983 that two of the main protagonists were actually twins.
> Name both twins by first and last name.

Leia Organa (aka Skywalker) and Luke Skywalker. 4 for Dan Blum,
Pete, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 1 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Can Lit Geo Spo Ent Mis FOUR
Dan Blum 4 40 32 40 32 28 144
Joshua Kreitzer 9 32 28 32 32 32 128
Pete Gayde 3 12 20 28 20 28 96
Dan Tilque 0 28 28 16 8 12 84
Erland Sommarskog 0 4 16 8 0 8 36

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "To err is human, but to error requires a computer."
msb@vex.net | -- Harry Lethall