That money talks, I'll not deny, I heard it once, It said "Good-bye. -- Richard Armour

interests / rec.boats / Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ‘Overturn the Election

SubjectAuthor
* Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ‘Overturn twaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
+* Re:Trump Lamented That Mike Pencjustan
|+* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the ElectionTrue North
||`- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Electionjustan
|+* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Electionwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
||+- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the ElectionMr. Luddite
||`- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Electionjustan
|`- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the ElectionMr Robot
+* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Electiongfretwell
|`* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not 前verturwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
| +* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Electiongfretwell
| |+* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionMr. Luddite
| ||+* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Electionjustan
| ||+- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionBill
| ||`* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Electiongfretwell
| || `* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionMr. Luddite
| ||  +- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionBill
| ||  `- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Electiongfretwell
| |`- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionMr Robot
| +- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not 前verMr. Luddite
| `- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the ElectionJohn H
`* Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the ElectionJohn H
 `- Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Penjustan

Pages:12
Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ‘Overturn the Election

<93518c9c-24c4-4805-8646-79fc4d82ab2an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3886&group=rec.boats#3886

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Trump_Lamented_That_Mike_Pence_Did_Not_‘Overturn_t
he_Election
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:40 UTC

For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:

In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.

The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.

However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.

Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.

Re:Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<stbol0$aln$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3887&group=rec.boats#3887

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re:Trump_Lamented_That_Mike_Penc
e_Did_Not_?Overturn_the_Election
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 11:54:57 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:54 UTC

"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>
Wrote in message:r
> For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
I worry much more about the threat to America by the current
occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood
relatives. But you don't seem to care about real threats to the
Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<7aea771b-cf32-48c6-801e-968114c0ec90n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3888&group=rec.boats#3888

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 09:22:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 17:22 UTC

On Tuesday, 1 February 2022 at 12:54:59 UTC-4, justan wrote:
> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>
> Wrote in message:r
> > For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
> I worry much more about the threat to America by the current
> occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood
> relatives. But you don't seem to care about real threats to the
> Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc.
>
> --
> Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?
>

> ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
> https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

The "real threat to the constitution" is the motley gang of Repugnants who refuse to believe that their boy was trounced by decent Americans way back in 2020.
Wake up and smell the coffee.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<stbru4$9iv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3889&group=rec.boats#3889

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 12:51:00 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 17:51 UTC

True North <princecraft49@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Tuesday, 1 February 2022 at 12:54:59 UTC-4, justan wrote:> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > Wrote in message:r > > For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker. > I worry much more about the threat to America by the current > occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood > relatives. But you don't seem to care about real
threats to the > Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc. > > -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlThe "real threat to the constitution" is the motley gang of Repugnants who refuse to believe that their boy was trounced by decent Americans way back in 2020.Wake up and smell the coffee.

You are reacting to the stories you recieved which have been
edited, censored, mis informed, and made up by various entities
in America and edited again by your government owned news
outlets. Even Wayne knows you are full of shit. (pardon my
French)
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<fb29b391-ee59-4af4-a383-2edc1d06712cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3890&group=rec.boats#3890

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 11:45:14 -0800 (PST)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 19:45 UTC

On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 11:54:59 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>
> Wrote in message:r
> > For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
> I worry much more about the threat to America by the current
> occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood
> relatives. But you don't seem to care about real threats to the
> Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc.

==
I've said this before but it's worth saying again: I would much prefer to have a moderate to conservative Republican in the White House. But if faced with the choice of an unscrupulous, dishonest, power hungry scoundrel versus a relatively ineffective democrat, I would choose the latter. Trump's denial of the democratic process, his threats against government officials, his attempts at rabble rousing, are all way too dangerous to be ignored.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<38ijvgpthsagtjp627jq2dlm1sqlj1tb3h@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3891&group=rec.boats#3891

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 19:07:45 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 00:07 UTC

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
>
>In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
>
>The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
>
>However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
>
>Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.

My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
Ukraine.
We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
these days.
They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
next.
Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
has already said they are out.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not 前verturn the Election

<6dffe969-8f31-44d7-9541-9559a781ed8fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3892&group=rec.boats#3892

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Trump_Lamented_That_Mike_Pence_Did_Not_前vertur
n_the_Election
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 04:44 UTC

On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
> >
> >In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
> >
> >The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
> >
> >However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
> >
> >Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
> Ukraine.
> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
> these days.
> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
> next.
> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
> has already said they are out.

==
I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s.. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple of hotels and golf courses.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<d1bkvg595m6u5tcuvlqkbjt21dpc1lhlh5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3893&group=rec.boats#3893

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 02:09:11 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:09 UTC

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
>> >
>> >In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
>> >
>> >The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
>> >
>> >However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
>> >
>> >Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
>> Ukraine.
>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
>> these days.
>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
>> next.
>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
>> has already said they are out.
>
>===
>
>I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple
of hotels and golf courses.

You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
moving toward East Ukraine.
The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
to his borders.
Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
Cuba?
In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
don't have.
I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
weapons than any other country on the planet.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<vtqdnaRns4tX7Wf8nZ2dnUU7-N3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3894&group=rec.boats#3894

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 06:53:46 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 11:53 UTC

On 2/1/2022 2:45 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 11:54:59 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>
>> Wrote in message:r
>>> For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
>> I worry much more about the threat to America by the current
>> occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood
>> relatives. But you don't seem to care about real threats to the
>> Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc.
>>

> ===
>

> I've said this before but it's worth saying again: I would much prefer to have a moderate to conservative Republican in the White House. But if faced with the choice of an unscrupulous, dishonest, power hungry scoundrel versus a relatively ineffective democrat, I would choose the latter. Trump's denial of the democratic process, his threats against government officials, his attempts at rabble rousing, are all way too dangerous to be ignored.

Wayne, do you seriously believe that Biden is nothing more than a
"relatively ineffective democrat"?

There is mounting evidence that he may be one of the most power and
money hungry scoundrel ever to occupy the Oval Office. The allegations
of his business dealings with son Hunter over many years (that
are mostly suppressed by the liberal press) may eventually come into the
spotlight. If and when these allegations are proven to be true, he
deserves to be impeached. God help us if VP Harris has to assume
the reigns.

It's very difficult to juggle Biden versus Trump in terms of
who is more corrupt. Therefore, the judgement should be who
governed with America's best interests at heart.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not 前verturn the Election

<07KdnfgHs7_y72f8nZ2dnUU7-Y_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3895&group=rec.boats#3895

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:00:40 -0500
Subject: Re:_Trump_Lamented_That_Mike_Pence_Did_Not_前ver
turn_the_Election
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 12:00 UTC

On 2/1/2022 11:44 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
>>>
>>> In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
>>>
>>> The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
>>>
>>> However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
>>>
>>> Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
>> Ukraine.
>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
>> these days.
>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
>> next.
>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
>> has already said they are out.
>
> ===
>
> I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple of hotels and golf courses.

"Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe
for the chance to build a couple of hotels and golf courses."

Silly comment with absolutely no basis in fact. Trump may be a
scoundrel in his personal finances and business dealings but there
was absolutely *nothing* he did as POTUS that would support your
statement. He had stronger influence in keeping both Russia and
China in line over the four years he was in office.

Can't say the same for the current Oval Office occupant.
He blew it all in less than a year.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<wYWdnfA3SdGi6Gf8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3896&group=rec.boats#3896

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:12:47 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 12:12 UTC

On 2/2/2022 2:09 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),
> "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
>>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
>>> Ukraine.
>>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
>>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
>>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
>>> these days.
>>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
>>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
>>> next.
>>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
>>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
>>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
>>> has already said they are out.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple
> of hotels and golf courses.
>
> You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
> moving toward East Ukraine.
> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
> to his borders.
> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
> Cuba?
> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
> don't have.
> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
> weapons than any other country on the planet.

My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.

Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
time in force.

One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
allowed NATO membership.

So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
NATO membership process starts immediately.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<28vkvghdrtd2rcmkh9oqkhsivurqp14hgv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3897&group=rec.boats#3897

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 07:53:29 -0500
 by: John H - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 12:53 UTC

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
>
>In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
>
>The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
>
>However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
>
>Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.

How does one 'appear to explicitly state'?

And, other than you, Harry, and Mr. Robot, who gives a shit?

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<sk0lvg1tksfabe7ulhhg2e5i5rpcagubg2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3898&group=rec.boats#3898

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 08:10:22 -0500
 by: John H - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 13:10 UTC

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),
>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:
>> >
>> >In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.
>> >
>> >The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.
>> >
>> >However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity.
>> >
>> >Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.
>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
>> Ukraine.
>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
>> these days.
>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
>> next.
>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
>> has already said they are out.
>
>===
>
>I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple of hotels and golf courses.

I guess we're not all bad, eh Wayne?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/republican-us-lawmakers-funnel-money-colleagues-who-crossed-trump-2022-02-01/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=The%20Reuters%20Daily%20Briefing&utm_content=2-2-22&utm_campaign=2-2-22

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?Overturn the Election

<ste2nk$5tm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3899&group=rec.boats#3899

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 08:59:18 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 13:59 UTC

Wrote in message:r
> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 11:54:59 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > Wrote in message:r > > For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. Excerpted from Snopes fact checker. > I worry much more about the threat to America by the current > occupier of 1600 and those who surround him, including blood > relatives. But you don't seem to care about
real threats to the > Constitution, your grand chrildren's well being. etc. etc.etc. > ===I've said this before but it's worth saying again: I would much prefer to have a moderate to conservative Republican in the White House. But if faced with the choice of an unscrupulous, dishonest, power hungry scoundrel versus a relatively ineffective democrat, I would choose the latter. Trump's denial of the democratic process, his threats against government officials, his attempts at rabble rousing, are all way too dangerous to be ignored.

His hatred of Trump seems to be overshadowong rational thought
processes. So sad. It wasn't always that way.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<ste337$5tm$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3900&group=rec.boats#3900

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 09:05:29 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 14:05 UTC

"Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com> Wrote in message:r
> On 2/2/2022 2:09 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),> "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:> >> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>>>>>> For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:>>>>>>>> In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would ?overturn the election? Trump lost to Joe Biden.>>>>>>>> The statement had not appeared on Trump?s official website ? where his public remarks are routinely published ? by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance.>>>>>>>> However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump?s own website, definitively establis
hing its authenticity.>>>>>>>> Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.>>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a>>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over>>> Ukraine.>>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them>>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.>>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China>>> these days.>>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical>>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be>>> next.>>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in>>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of>>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany>>> has already said they are out.>>>> ===>>>> I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple> of hotels and golf co
urses.> > You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started> moving toward East Ukraine.> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right> to his borders.> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in> Cuba?> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we> don't have.> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more> weapons than any other country on the planet.My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to apossible negotiation settlement term with Russia.Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with theirtime in force.One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not beallowed NATO membership.So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period oftime .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threateningan
invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If hedoesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine'sNATO membership process starts immediately.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

I'd rather we didn't bend to that demand.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ‘Overturn the Election

<ste4on$n4a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3901&group=rec.boats#3901

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re:_Trump_Lamented_That_Mike_Pen
ce_Did_Not_‘Overturn_the_Election
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 09:34:00 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 14:34 UTC

John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:40:41 -0800 (PST),"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:>For all of you Trump fans out there who doubt that Trump is a threat to democracy and our constitution, or don't care, ponder this:>>In late January 2022, a statement, attributed to former U.S. President Donald Trump, was shared widely on social media. In it, Trump appeared to explicitly state that back in 2020 and 2021, he had hoped his vice president, Mike Pence, would “overturn the election” Trump lost to Joe Biden.>>The statement had not appeared on Trump’s official website — where his public remarks are routinely published — by the morning of Jan. 31, which cast reasonable doubt on its authenticity and provenance. >>However, it was posted to Twitter by Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington, a strong sign it was genuine, and later on Jan. 31, the statement was finally posted to Trump’s own website, definitively establishing its authenticity. >>Excerpted from Snopes fact checker.How does one 'appear to explicitly state'? And, other than you, Harry, and Mr. Robot, who gives a shit?

As little Donnie would say. Wayne is a abler and abettor to the
mischievious ways that Democrats attempt to deflect from the real
issues that fuzzy Joe ought to be focusing on.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<Op6dnR8XA93mAGf8nZ2dnUU7-f_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3902&group=rec.boats#3902

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 10:04:28 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 15:04 UTC

On 2/2/2022 9:05 AM, justan wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'd rather we didn't bend to that demand.

I don't see it as bending. I doubt very much that Ukraine will be
admitted as a member of NATO in the next 10-15 years anyway.
The surrounding NATO countries aren't "expanding". Putin really
has nothing to complain about.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<sted78$tsr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3903&group=rec.boats#3903

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 11:58:18 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 16:58 UTC

> [...]
would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple> of hotels and golf courses.> > You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started> moving toward East Ukraine.> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right> to his borders.> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in> Cuba?> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we> don't have.> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more> weapons than any other country on the planet.My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to apossible negotiation settlement term with Russia.Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with theirtime in force.One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not beallowed NATO membership.So, agree to not having Ukraine joi
n NATO for some period oftime .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threateningan invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If hedoesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine'sNATO membership process starts immediately.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com> > I'd rather we didn't bend to that demand.I don't see it as bending. I doubt very much that Ukraine will be admitted as a member of NATO in the next 10-15 years anyway.The surrounding NATO countries aren't "expanding". Putin reallyhas nothing to complain about.

Perhaps then, Putin would sacrafice that demand and come down
harder on something he really needs like his pipeline. No doubt
Biden would put a feather in his feeble cap as he is so prone to
do.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<steehc$bua$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3904&group=rec.boats#3904

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 17:20:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:K//YJ3m9DAgGmLc/BwrIrsqpe0Y=
 by: Bill - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 17:20 UTC

Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/2022 2:09 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),

>>> ===
>>>
>>> I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has
>>> to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too
>>> easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans
>>> in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of
>>> Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple
>> of hotels and golf courses.
>>
>> You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
>> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
>> moving toward East Ukraine.
>> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
>> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
>> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
>> to his borders.
>> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
>> Cuba?
>> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
>> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
>> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
>> don't have.
>> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
>> weapons than any other country on the planet.
>

> My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
> possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.
>
> Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
> time in force.
>
> One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
> allowed NATO membership.
>
> So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
> time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
> an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
> doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
> all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
> NATO membership process starts immediately.

I agree. Also, supply Ukraine with Kremlin Killers. Russia attacks
Ukraine, then when the leaders are meeting, destroy them and the building,
and also go after Putin. Time to return to the Middle Ages in
one way. Make the leaders responsible, not just some poor peon.
Trump, May be corrupt, but as President, I saw him looking out for America,
not himself. Look at the inflation now, the having to import oil, the
amount of ships anchored off the coast, not being unloaded. All Biden and
company. While Nancy is spending all her time and the House on witch
hunts, we are being screwed.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<i0gmvgpagrg8l33dt23nc5jo5kco6mekci@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3905&group=rec.boats#3905

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 21:44:38 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 02:44 UTC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:12:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 2/2/2022 2:09 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),

>>> ===
>>>
>>> I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a
couple
>> of hotels and golf courses.
>>
>> You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
>> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
>> moving toward East Ukraine.
>> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
>> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
>> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
>> to his borders.
>> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
>> Cuba?
>> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
>> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
>> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
>> don't have.
>> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
>> weapons than any other country on the planet.
>

>My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
>possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.
>
>Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
>time in force.
>
>One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
>allowed NATO membership.
>
>So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
>time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
>an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
>doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
>all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
>NATO membership process starts immediately.

NATO is just a cold war relic that has far outlived it's usefulness.
It was to combat the Warsaw Pact that dissolved over 30 years ago.
It was just a front for the US the whole time anyway with half hearted
support from the countries we were pledged to protect.
These days the Europeans are more likely go into business with the
Russians than to go to war with them.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<8ggmvgd0aucoqb89a1n9fcp2n34id446g8@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3906&group=rec.boats#3906

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 21:48:01 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 02:48 UTC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 11:58:18 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

> [...]
>I'd rather we didn't bend to that demand.I don't see it as bending. I doubt very much that Ukraine will be admitted as a member of NATO in the next 10-15 years anyway.The surrounding NATO countries aren't "expanding". Putin reallyhas nothing to complain about.
>
>Perhaps then, Putin would sacrafice that demand and come down
> harder on something he really needs like his pipeline. No doubt
> Biden would put a feather in his feeble cap as he is so prone to

Biden already lifted the Trump era sanction on Russia that was gumming
up the northern pipeline. There was pressure to do it from Germany
that likes the idea of having that pipe in their patch.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<HqGdnfpToruFImb8nZ2dnUU7-IHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3907&group=rec.boats#3907

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 06:40:08 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 11:40 UTC

On 2/2/2022 9:44 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:12:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/2022 2:09 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

> couple
>>> of hotels and golf courses.
>>>
>>> You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
>>> pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
>>> moving toward East Ukraine.
>>> The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
>>> go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
>>> I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
>>> to his borders.
>>> Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
>>> Cuba?
>>> In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
>>> somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
>>> could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
>>> don't have.
>>> I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
>>> weapons than any other country on the planet.
>>

>> My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
>> possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.
>>
>> Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
>> time in force.
>>
>> One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
>> allowed NATO membership.
>>
>> So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
>> time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
>> an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
>> doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
>> all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
>> NATO membership process starts immediately.
>
> NATO is just a cold war relic that has far outlived it's usefulness.
> It was to combat the Warsaw Pact that dissolved over 30 years ago.
> It was just a front for the US the whole time anyway with half hearted
> support from the countries we were pledged to protect.
> These days the Europeans are more likely go into business with the
> Russians than to go to war with them.

It may be a cold war relic to us but I suspect it's important to
the former Soviet satellite nations that are now
NATO members.

An argument can be made that what happens in Europe is none of
our business or concern but history says that usually doesn't
work out well for us.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<stha3o$und$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3908&group=rec.boats#3908

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 19:23:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:W34DaXzp8G7FCt1nh61y01ULxR4=
 by: Bill - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 19:23 UTC

Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/2022 9:44 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:12:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
>> wrote:

>> couple

>>> My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
>>> possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.
>>>
>>> Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
>>> time in force.
>>>
>>> One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
>>> allowed NATO membership.
>>>
>>> So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
>>> time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
>>> an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
>>> doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
>>> all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
>>> NATO membership process starts immediately.
>>
>> NATO is just a cold war relic that has far outlived it's usefulness.
>> It was to combat the Warsaw Pact that dissolved over 30 years ago.
>> It was just a front for the US the whole time anyway with half hearted
>> support from the countries we were pledged to protect.
>> These days the Europeans are more likely go into business with the
>> Russians than to go to war with them.
>>

> It may be a cold war relic to us but I suspect it's important to
> the former Soviet satellite nations that are now
> NATO members.
>
> An argument can be made that what happens in Europe is none of
> our business or concern but history says that usually doesn't
> work out well for us.

We need to be concerned about Europe, but don’t need to be the policeman.
We have paid for most of their defense since 1945. When do we stop?
Just like Clinton going to war in the Balkans. Was not our place to do
that! Now, Biden, seems to be sad we are not at war since Trump arranged
to finally get us out of the Middle East debacles. Now he wants us
involved in a Russian-Ukraine debacle. We should fire all the legislators
as quick,as,we possibly can and put in people who will look after our
interests, not spending Trillions buying votes, and most of their time on
witch hunts.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<lmaovgtu79klgca6sicqevajhq8q0b678s@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3909&group=rec.boats#3909

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 14:43:41 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 19:43 UTC

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 06:40:08 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 2/2/2022 9:44 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:12:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
>> wrote:

>> couple

>>> My limited experience with legal contracts has led me to a
>>> possible negotiation settlement term with Russia.
>>>
>>> Most contracts have a time limit or period associated with their
>>> time in force.
>>>
>>> One of Putin's key concerns and demands is that Ukraine not be
>>> allowed NATO membership.
>>>
>>> So, agree to not having Ukraine join NATO for some period of
>>> time .... 10 to 15 years or so as long as Putin stops threatening
>>> an invasion and withdraws his troops from the border. If he
>>> doesn't ... or tries this again during the agreed time frame,
>>> all bets are off ... the "contract" is breached and Ukraine's
>>> NATO membership process starts immediately.
>>
>> NATO is just a cold war relic that has far outlived it's usefulness.
>> It was to combat the Warsaw Pact that dissolved over 30 years ago.
>> It was just a front for the US the whole time anyway with half hearted
>> support from the countries we were pledged to protect.
>> These days the Europeans are more likely go into business with the
>> Russians than to go to war with them.
>>

>It may be a cold war relic to us but I suspect it's important to
>the former Soviet satellite nations that are now
>NATO members.
>
>An argument can be made that what happens in Europe is none of
>our business or concern but history says that usually doesn't
>work out well for us.

We need to accept the reality that the US is not the industrial
powerhouse it was in 1940 and we can't tell the world what to do.
We would have trouble even supplying our own needs in a global
conflict and we are certainly not in a position to prop up Europe.
At this point we really should be trying to fix our problems, not go
looking for a fight with Russia. I suspect about 2 days into a Russian
proxy war, we would also be fighting China because they took Taiwan
and asking what we were capable of doing about it.
I said earlier, they could crush us, simply by stopping the ships from
leaving their ports for here. An authoritarian government like theirs
can contain the misery better than we can.

In the mean time we have plenty of problems here that we are not
addressing like the looting of trains in LA, the burning of our cities
by real rioters (not the rabble at the Capitol) and a murder rate that
is worse than many 3d world countries. The debt just topped $30
Trillion with no hope of even reducing the rate of increase, much less
actually reducing it. We print money like Weimar Germans and wonder
why inflation is rampant.
One more thing to think about. If interest rates rose to Carter era
levels (11-12%), interest on the debt alone would eat every penny of
revenue.
I suppose if you have no money and you live paycheck to paycheck it
isn't an issue until the whole system collapses but some of us are
living on a fixed income.

Re: Trump Lamented That Mike Pence Did Not ?verturn the Election

<emoovgt8odaghusgu2kc9362og7tm44aum@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3912&group=rec.boats#3912

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 15:19:38 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:19 UTC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 02:09:11 -0500, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:44:32 -0800 (PST),
>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 7:07:47 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>>> My biggest fear for the republic isn't a fat orange rude guy, it is a
>>> war monger sparring with the Russians and setting us up for a war over
>>> Ukraine.
>>> We are going to lose a war with Russia or China unless we nuke them
>>> and that may be the end of the world as we know it.
>>> We are not the industrial giant that beat the axis. That is China
>>> these days.
>>> They could crush the US, simply by not selling us a few critical
>>> products. Chips are already an issue. Steel and aluminum might be
>>> next.
>>> Russia hasn't lost a "home game" until you go back to Genghis Khan in
>>> the 12th century. That is a loser too. I wouldn't count on a lot of
>>> help from NATO either. They get their gas and oil from Russia. Germany
>>> has already said they are out.
>>
>>===
>>
>>I don't disagree with any of that but Russian and Chinese hegemony has to be resisted with everything short of nuclear war. If we make it too easy for them, there will be others soon after, just like the Germans in the 1930s. Of course the fat orange rude guy would give up all of Eastern Europe for the chance to build a couple
>of hotels and golf courses.
>
>You say that but they took Crimea on Obama's watch. The Russians were
>pretty quiet with Trump in there. As soon as he left they started
>moving toward East Ukraine.
>The reality is, if they just had a referendum, the east might vote to
>go with the Russians. There is no love for Kiev in the East.
>I also think Putin might have a case with the expansion of NATO right
>to his borders.
>Remember how our panties got in a knot when Russia set up camp in
>Cuba?
>In this case NATO is the US and maybe UK but the rest of Europe is
>somewhat ambivalent about it. I think it is a cold war relic that
>could disappear with little impact on anything but spending money we
>don't have.
>I will agree that it is a hell of a jobs program. We export more
>weapons than any other country on the planet.

Yes, I'm sure taking Putin's side is where you're at.

Obama’s response to Russia’s invasion of Crimea in March 2014, and
Moscow’s subsequent support of pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine
was economic sanctions.

As a candidate, Donald Trump suggested he would recognize the
annexation.