Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:52:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: More Bahamas- Burgm Lorem, CA, MSR, etc
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 20:52 UTC

Dinner at Acqua Pazza at the Harbour Island Marina, actually a fairly interesting list for a lowkey restaurant in a resort setting, especially the Italian selection. I had the conch fra diavolo. I was tempted by a Pecorino but was ordering a bottle for several of us to share so played it safe with a bottle of 2020 Jean Manciat Macon-Charnay.
Crowd pleaser, plenty of fruit but with nice acids and a flinty minerally finish, no apparent oak, fresh and long. B/B+

The next night we had 2 different conch salads from Queen Conch, plus fresh caught wahoo sashimi, grilled salmon, and salad.
2008 P Cotat la Grande Cote Sancerre
Pushing the SB ripeness envelope for me, apple and mango, long rocky finish, ready. Not as vervy as other 08 Cotats B

2008 Piuze Les Clos Chablis GC
Meyer lemon, pit fruits, crackling acid, long. A-/B+

Our last night in Bahamas, some just speared Bahamian lobster tail, Iberian pork roast, ribs, green beans, and kimchi cauliflower rice
2017 Pavelot Savigny les Beaune Blanc
Citrus, apple, good chalky finish B/B+

2012 Mount Eden Chardonnay Reserve
Big, ripe but balanced. Pear, lemon, just a hint of oak, nice long finish. B+

2017 Frank Family Cabernet Sauvignon
Big, moderate acids, black cherry and red plum, vanilla. B/B-

Back at home Wednesday night, takeout from new Thai restaurant in Ardsley. Tom yum, pad see ew (rice noodles with shrimp), duck ka prow, vegetable green curry
2018 Mt Eden Edna Valley Chardonnay
Just because I like the Santa Cruz wines I assume I’ll like this, I don’t. Overt oak, tropical fruit, finish is longer than I want it to be. C+
\ 2021 Merkelbach Urziger Wurzgarten Kabinett
Peach, red cherries, Earl Grey tea, herbs. Nice balance, long pleasant finish. B++

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.