Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

interests / soc.culture.china / Fault lines growing in US-India relations

SubjectAuthor
* Fault lines growing in US-India relationsltlee1
`* Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relationsmoses
 `* Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relationsByker
  `* Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relationsMainspring
   `- Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relationsltlee1

1
Fault lines growing in US-India relations

<f010d9c4-7ea6-42ab-8929-74a3d771a60en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3982&group=soc.culture.china#3982

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:05:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fault lines growing in US-India relations
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:05 UTC

"The US-Indian relationship remains fundamentally strong insofar as it enjoys bipartisan support in both countries. But fault lines have appeared.

First and foremost, the Joe Biden administration’s neoconservative ideology obliges it to adopt intrusive policies on issues of democracy, human rights and rule of law, which grates on the Narendra Modi government’s sensitivities.
Blinken’s move to hold a “civil society roundtable” discussion with a group of Indians conveyed a powerful message to the Modi government that things may not be as bad as in Belarus or Myanmar, but India is being perceived by the Biden administration more or less the same way as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Turkey – an ally that is straying toward postmodern authoritarianism.
No amount of wordplay by Blinken could cover up the reality that he had no word of praise for the Modi government. Nor did Jaishankar appear particularly perturbed by that.

Estimating correctly that the Biden administration is unlikely to abandon easily the goals it has been pursuing, Jaishankar was in no mood to apologize, either.

And at one point, he interjected at the press conference to point out defiantly that “the quest for a more perfect union applies as much to the Indian democracy as it does to the American one.”

Jaishankar asserted that “it is the moral obligation of all polities to right wrongs when they have been done, including historically. And many of the decisions and policies you’ve seen in the last few years fall in that category.”

He held the ground that “freedoms are important, we value them, but never equate freedom with non-governance or lack of governance or poor governance. They are two completely different things.” It is difficult to recall an Indian minister in modern times pushing back at the US publicly.

The press conference also highlighted the deep disillusionment in Delhi over the irresponsible manner in which the US cut loose and exited Afghanistan, leaving that country in shambles and jeopardizing regional security – and stability and billions of dollars’ worth of Indian investment in that country, both in financial support and technical assistance and engineering projects. "

https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/fault-lines-growing-in-us-india-relations/

Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relations

<se5dbi$1sc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3984&group=soc.culture.china#3984

From: mos...@moses.com.mo (moses)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relations
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 14:01:22 +0800
 by: moses - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 06:01 UTC

India is like shit that India wants America to smell at it.

The India's curry body odour in Indians can even gassed the whole cabin in
the plane. Even Taliban is cleaner than Indians. Taliban hated the US and
knows India is a friend of US. But India don't like Taliban.

Now with the US exits of their loss of war in Afghanistan, India is afraid
of Taliban will come to India. Whereas, Taliban loves to work with China.
Its leader met China foreigner minister last week.

Thousands of Afghan soldiers uselessly trained by US have abandoned their
posts, sold their boots and uniforms, sold their guns, and then have escaped
to Kyrgyzstan for good.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<1-KdnShZYY_2EZX8nZ2dnUU7-R3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4021&group=soc.culture.china#4021

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,sci.military.naval,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.asian,soc.culture.india
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 19:23:06 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 00:23 UTC

"moses" wrote in message news:se5dbi$1sc$1@dont-email.me...

> India is like shit that India wants America to smell at it.
>
> The India's curry body odour in Indians can even gassed the whole cabin in
> the plane. Even Taliban is cleaner than Indians. Taliban hated the US and
> knows India is a friend of US. But India don't like Taliban.
>
> Now with the US exits of their loss of war in Afghanistan, India is afraid
> of Taliban will come to India. Whereas, Taliban loves to work with China.
> Its leader met China foreigner minister last week.
>
> Thousands of Afghan soldiers uselessly trained by US have abandoned their
> posts, sold their boots and uniforms, sold their guns, and then have
> escaped to Kyrgyzstan for good.

To wage war against the Chinese when they try to set up their "Belt-And-Road
Initiative" in Trashcanistan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JCU0xm2gk

In the meantime, the curry-munchers will debate on how many countries China
will fragment into when it comes apart like an exploded assembly diagram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7X4mM_uDXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaBQM3l9Q0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT_BWnvsfGY

Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relations

<4KmdnUzOu63tWpX8nZ2dnUU7-dXNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4030&group=soc.culture.china#4030

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,sci.military.naval,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.india
From: MSp...@zeex.net (Mainspring)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 00:34:48 -0400
 by: Mainspring - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 04:34 UTC

While not an evil country, India has been a
severely FUCKED UP country since its inception.
It just can't get its shit together. Far too
many factions pulling in far too many directions.
Modernism and ancient ways all intermixed and
often incompatible. It manages to be a 1st,
and 4th, world country all at the same time.

This DOES cause issues in international relations
at times.

Since it's not evil, BEAR WITH India.

Though I'm still convinced that if there's ever
a nuclear conflict, it'll be between India and
Pakistan ... with hundreds of millions dead.
Both seem to view nukes as simply "bigger bombs"
instead of something in a totally different
category.

Re: Fault lines growing in US-India relations

<53fe9a7f-563c-4475-ae52-1ffe0ecde5edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4102&group=soc.culture.china#4102

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 10:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 17:14 UTC

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 12:35:03 AM UTC-4, Mainspring wrote:
> While not an evil country, India has been a
> severely FUCKED UP country since its inception.
> It just can't get its shit together. Far too
> many factions pulling in far too many directions.
> Modernism and ancient ways all intermixed and
> often incompatible. It manages to be a 1st,
> and 4th, world country all at the same time.
>
> This DOES cause issues in international relations
> at times.
>
> Since it's not evil, BEAR WITH India.
>
> Though I'm still convinced that if there's ever
> a nuclear conflict, it'll be between India and
> Pakistan ... with hundreds of millions dead.
> Both seem to view nukes as simply "bigger bombs"
> instead of something in a totally different
> category.

Jaishankar asserted that “it is the moral obligation of all polities to right wrongs when they have been done, including historically. And many of the decisions and policies you’ve seen in the last few years fall in that category.”

Like Myanmar, India has a structural problem as its colonial past.
And like Myanmar which is a failed state at present, Western democracy would not help India's structural problem.