I don't have an eating problem. I eat. I get fat. I buy new clothes. No problem.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibsPete Gayde
`- RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanArctic, sports sibsMark Brader

1
RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<lbednTGM_qGEclr_nZ2dnUU7-d_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4018&group=rec.games.trivia#4018

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Supersedes: <pvGdnfVLm9Cuc1r_nZ2dnUU7-YHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:47:21 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:47 UTC

[Reposting to correct version with wrong subject line and in the
wrong thread. Sorry about that. Please respond to either one,
but to this one if you see both.]

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-06-18,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of What She Said and/or of Smith & Guessin', but have
been reformatted and may have been retyped and/or edited by me.
I will reveal the correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic

1. According to what principle """does""" Canada claim sovereignty
over the area between 60�W and 141�W longitude all the way to
the North Pole?

2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
Strait, with what country?

3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

4. The Northwest Territories """have become""" the third-largest
world producer of what mining product?

5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
first time?

6. According to Inuit legend, how did caribou arrive on the earth?
Give some detail for full points.

7. Although not strictly in the Arctic, what city is the polar
bear capital of the world?

8. <Answer 7> is located where a river flows into Hudson Bay, and
the bears gather there, waiting for the ice to freeze so they
can start hunting for seals -- and get their first good meal
in months! Hungry bears are dangerous, and that can create some
problems for the people who live there. They used to shoot the
troublesome bears, but now there is a 24-hour "polar bear alert"
program to keep track of intruders. What is done with the bears
"""now"""?

9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
accept "sell it" or similar!)

10. What was the name of the 1,000-foot supertanker that sailed
the Northwest Passage in 1969 to test the viability of moving
Alaska oil to eastern refineries?

** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings

We name a sport and describe a pair of brothers or sisters who
play it, or used to. In each case, you give their common surname.

* Auto Racing

1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
Formula 1 race.

2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
NASCAR Championships.

* Boxing

3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
champion (as of 2012-06-03).

4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
champion.

* Tennis

5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
team at some point.

* Soccer

7. Brothers Kolo and Yaya are both starting internationals for the
Ivory Coast. Both also play for English Premier League champion
Manchester City. Yaya was named the team's player of the season
for 2011-12 and was instrumental in their first championship
in 44 years.

8. Phil """currently""" plays for Everton, while Gary retired
"""a year ago""" after a distinguished career with Manchester
United.

* Hockey

9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
the Hall of Fame.

10. From Cranbrook, BC, Rob played right wing, was drafted by the
Florida Panthers, played there for 7 years, and won the Stanley
Cup during his 6 years in Anaheim. Scott """is""" the only
player to win every major North American and international
championship, as well as the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies,
during a 20-year career with New Jersey and Anaheim.

--
Mark Brader | "The net exists to be used. It is a powerful tool
msb@vex.net | and as long as people treat it as a tool and not a toy

Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<taa7dr$arj$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4019&group=rec.games.trivia#4019

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 21:26:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 21:26 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic

> 2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
> Strait, with what country?

Denmark

> 3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
> Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

Iqlauit

> 4. The Northwest Territories """have become""" the third-largest
> world producer of what mining product?

uranium; bauxite

> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

1 million

> 9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
> accept "sell it" or similar!)

paddle it down a river

> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings

> * Auto Racing

> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.

Schumacher

> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.

Rahal

> * Tennis

> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.

McEnroe

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<7cb9ad99-8e46-46b4-98bf-9c39fcce8550n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4020&group=rec.games.trivia#4020

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 15:26:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 22:26 UTC

On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 3:47:27 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic
>
> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

100,000

> 9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
> accept "sell it" or similar!)

travel on water in it
> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings
>
> We name a sport and describe a pair of brothers or sisters who
> play it, or used to. In each case, you give their common surname.
>
> * Auto Racing
>
> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.

Schumacher

> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.

Allison

> * Boxing
>
> 3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
> Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
> champion (as of 2012-06-03).

Klitschko

> 4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
> Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
> champion.

Spinks

> * Tennis
>
> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.

McEnroe

> * Hockey
>
> 9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
> Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
> the Hall of Fame.

Esposito
--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<XnsAECF69E2AD94CYazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4021&group=rec.games.trivia#4021

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 10:24:32 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 08:24 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic
>
> 2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
> Strait, with what country?

Denmark
> 3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
> Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

Iqualit
> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

500000
> 7. Although not strictly in the Arctic, what city is the polar
> bear capital of the world?

Churchill
> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings
>
> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.

Schumacher
> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.

Johnson
> * Boxing
>
> 3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
> Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
> champion (as of 2012-06-03).

Klitchko
> 4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
> Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
> champion.

Spinks
> * Tennis
>
> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.

McEncroe
> * Soccer
>
> 8. Phil """currently""" plays for Everton, while Gary retired
> """a year ago""" after a distinguished career with Manchester
> United.

Liniker
> * Hockey
>
> 9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
> Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
> the Hall of Fame.

Esposito

Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<taci57$144t5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4024&group=rec.games.trivia#4024

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 11:41:41 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 18:41 UTC

On 7/8/22 01:47, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic
>
> 1. According to what principle """does""" Canada claim sovereignty
> over the area between 60°W and 141°W longitude all the way to
> the North Pole?
>
> 2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
> Strait, with what country?

Denmark

(I recently visited the Wikipage for Hans Island and was struck by its
length. For an uninhabited, frost-bitten chuck of rock in the middle of
nowhere, it has an impressively long page. There are good-sized cities
with shorter pages.)

> 3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
> Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

Iqaluit

> 4. The Northwest Territories """have become""" the third-largest
> world producer of what mining product?

diamonds

> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

50,000

> 6. According to Inuit legend, how did caribou arrive on the earth?
> Give some detail for full points.
>
> 7. Although not strictly in the Arctic, what city is the polar
> bear capital of the world?

Churchill MB

> 8. <Answer 7> is located where a river flows into Hudson Bay, and
> the bears gather there, waiting for the ice to freeze so they
> can start hunting for seals -- and get their first good meal
> in months! Hungry bears are dangerous, and that can create some
> problems for the people who live there. They used to shoot the
> troublesome bears, but now there is a 24-hour "polar bear alert"
> program to keep track of intruders. What is done with the bears
> """now"""?

relocated out of town

> 9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
> accept "sell it" or similar!)

go out on a cruise in it (it's a type of boat)

> 10. What was the name of the 1,000-foot supertanker that sailed
> the Northwest Passage in 1969 to test the viability of moving
> Alaska oil to eastern refineries?
>

> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings
>
> We name a sport and describe a pair of brothers or sisters who
> play it, or used to. In each case, you give their common surname.
>
> * Auto Racing
>
> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.
>
> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.
>

> * Boxing
>
> 3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
> Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
> champion (as of 2012-06-03).
>
> 4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
> Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
> champion.

Spinks

> * Tennis
>
> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.
>

> * Soccer
>
> 7. Brothers Kolo and Yaya are both starting internationals for the
> Ivory Coast. Both also play for English Premier League champion
> Manchester City. Yaya was named the team's player of the season
> for 2011-12 and was instrumental in their first championship
> in 44 years.
>
> 8. Phil """currently""" plays for Everton, while Gary retired
> """a year ago""" after a distinguished career with Manchester
> United.
>

> * Hockey
>
> 9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
> Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
> the Hall of Fame.
>
> 10. From Cranbrook, BC, Rob played right wing, was drafted by the
> Florida Panthers, played there for 7 years, and won the Stanley
> Cup during his 6 years in Anaheim. Scott """is""" the only
> player to win every major North American and international
> championship, as well as the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies,
> during a 20-year career with New Jersey and Anaheim.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: CanArctic, sports sibs

<tafakn$88j$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4026&group=rec.games.trivia#4026

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 14:51:51 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:51 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> [Reposting to correct version with wrong subject line and in the
> wrong thread. Sorry about that. Please respond to either one,
> but to this one if you see both.]
>
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-06-18,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of What She Said and/or of Smith & Guessin', but have
> been reformatted and may have been retyped and/or edited by me.
> I will reveal the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic
>
> 1. According to what principle """does""" Canada claim sovereignty
> over the area between 60°W and 141°W longitude all the way to
> the North Pole?
>
> 2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
> Strait, with what country?

USA; Russia

> 3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
> Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

Iqalit

> 4. The Northwest Territories """have become""" the third-largest
> world producer of what mining product?

Gold

> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

100,000; 500,000

> 6. According to Inuit legend, how did caribou arrive on the earth?
> Give some detail for full points.
>
> 7. Although not strictly in the Arctic, what city is the polar
> bear capital of the world?

Churchill

> 8. <Answer 7> is located where a river flows into Hudson Bay, and
> the bears gather there, waiting for the ice to freeze so they
> can start hunting for seals -- and get their first good meal
> in months! Hungry bears are dangerous, and that can create some
> problems for the people who live there. They used to shoot the
> troublesome bears, but now there is a 24-hour "polar bear alert"
> program to keep track of intruders. What is done with the bears
> """now"""?

Moved to another area

> 9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
> accept "sell it" or similar!)

Paddle in it; Wear it

> 10. What was the name of the 1,000-foot supertanker that sailed
> the Northwest Passage in 1969 to test the viability of moving
> Alaska oil to eastern refineries?
>

> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings
>
> We name a sport and describe a pair of brothers or sisters who
> play it, or used to. In each case, you give their common surname.
>
> * Auto Racing
>
> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.

Schumaker

> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.

Labonte

> * Boxing
>
> 3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
> Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
> champion (as of 2012-06-03).

Klitschko

> 4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
> Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
> champion.

Spinks

> * Tennis
>
> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.

McEnroe

> * Soccer
>
> 7. Brothers Kolo and Yaya are both starting internationals for the
> Ivory Coast. Both also play for English Premier League champion
> Manchester City. Yaya was named the team's player of the season
> for 2011-12 and was instrumental in their first championship
> in 44 years.

Toure

> 8. Phil """currently""" plays for Everton, while Gary retired
> """a year ago""" after a distinguished career with Manchester
> United.

Neville

> * Hockey
>
> 9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
> Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
> the Hall of Fame.

Esposito

> 10. From Cranbrook, BC, Rob played right wing, was drafted by the
> Florida Panthers, played there for 7 years, and won the Stanley
> Cup during his 6 years in Anaheim. Scott """is""" the only
> player to win every major North American and international
> championship, as well as the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies,
> during a 20-year career with New Jersey and Anaheim.

Pete Gayde

RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanArctic, sports sibs

<KdKdnXHR86u1DlH_nZ2dnUU7-TXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4027&group=rec.games.trivia#4027

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIWSSSG12 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanArctic, sports sibs
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 16:16:24 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:16 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-06-18,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the
> Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Canadiana Geography - The Arctic

> 1. According to what principle """does""" Canada claim sovereignty
> over the area between 60°W and 141°W longitude all the way to
> the North Pole?

Sector principle. (Yeah, right. Still true, though.)

> 2. Canada """disputes""" sovereignty over Hans I., in the Nares
> Strait, with what country?

Denmark. (The two countries agreed in 2022 on a boundary to divide
the island.) 4 for Dan Blum, Erland, and Dan Tilque.

It's about halfway between Greenland and Canada's Ellesmere I. See:
http://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/6VC2AEN3TNBRDNHNUKEIIICU24.jpg
http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/hans-island-border/

> 3. The Canadian Arctic is primarily made up of Yukon, the Northwest
> Territories, and Nunavut. What is the capital of Nunavut?

Iqaluit, as mentioned in Game 5, Round 10. 4 for Dan Blum, Erland,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

Only Dan Tilque spelled it exactly right.

> 4. The Northwest Territories """have become""" the third-largest
> world producer of what mining product?

Diamonds. (I don't know the current ranking.) 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 5. In the 2006 census, the combined population of the three
> territories exceeded what lofty round-number milestone for the
> first time?

100,000. 4 for Joshua. 3 for Pete.

> 6. According to Inuit legend, how did caribou arrive on the earth?
> Give some detail for full points.

Once upon a time there were no caribou on the earth. But there
was a man who wished for caribou, and he cut a hole deep in the
ground, and up this hole came caribou, many caribou. The caribou
came pouring out, until the earth was almost covered with them.
And when the man thought there were caribou enough for mankind, he
closed up the hole again. Thus the caribou came onto the earth.
("They came out of a hole that a man dug", or something similar,
was sufficient.)

> 7. Although not strictly in the Arctic, what city is the polar
> bear capital of the world?

Churchill (Manitoba). 4 for Erland, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 8. <Answer 7> is located where a river flows into Hudson Bay, and
> the bears gather there, waiting for the ice to freeze so they
> can start hunting for seals -- and get their first good meal
> in months! Hungry bears are dangerous, and that can create some
> problems for the people who live there. They used to shoot the
> troublesome bears, but now there is a 24-hour "polar bear alert"
> program to keep track of intruders. What is done with the bears
> """now"""?

They are caught and locked up until the bay freezes over.
(Still true.) I required a mention of captivity.

> 9. If you owned an umiak, what would you do with it? (No, I won't
> accept "sell it" or similar!)

Travel on water. An umiak is a large open animal-skin boat used for
whale hunting, moving material, or transporting a group of people.
It was sometime referred to as a "women's boat", since the women
paddled and the men sat at the back and steered. I probably
should have required something more specific for full points, but
I accepted any indication of it being a vehicle. 4 for Dan Blum,
Joshua, and Dan Tilque. 3 for Pete.

> 10. What was the name of the 1,000-foot supertanker that sailed
> the Northwest Passage in 1969 to test the viability of moving
> Alaska oil to eastern refineries?

Manhattan.

> ** Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - Sport Siblings

> We name a sport and describe a pair of brothers or sisters who
> play it, or used to. In each case, you give their common surname.

> * Auto Racing

> 1. Ralf and Michael have each won the Canadian Grand Prix
> Formula 1 race.

Schumacher. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> 2. Terry and Bobby have each won both the Winston Cup and IROC
> NASCAR Championships.

Labonte. 4 for Pete.

> * Boxing

> 3. Vitali """is the reigning""" WBC heavyweight champion, while
> Wladimir """is the current""" WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight
> champion (as of 2012-06-03).

Klitschsko. 4 for Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> 4. Michael won the Olympic middleweight gold medal for the US in
> Montreal, while Leon is a former WBC and WBA heavyweight
> champion.

Spinks. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> * Tennis

> 5. Serena and Venus are sisters.

Williams. 4 for everyone -- Dan Blum, Joshua, Erland, Dan Tilque,
and Pete.

> 6. Patrick and John have each captained the US Davis Cup tennis
> team at some point.

McEnroe. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> * Soccer

> 7. Brothers Kolo and Yaya are both starting internationals for the
> Ivory Coast. Both also play for English Premier League champion
> Manchester City. Yaya was named the team's player of the season
> for 2011-12 and was instrumental in their first championship
> in 44 years.

Touré. 4 for Pete.

> 8. Phil """currently""" plays for Everton, while Gary retired
> """a year ago""" after a distinguished career with Manchester
> United.

Neville. 4 for Pete.

ObStreetcar: http://images.nycsubway.org/i128000/img_128659.jpg

> * Hockey

> 9. Tony played goal and was a Calder and Vezina Trophy winner;
> Phil was a center and won 5 Art Ross trophies. Both are in
> the Hall of Fame.

Esposito. 4 for Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> 10. From Cranbrook, BC, Rob played right wing, was drafted by the
> Florida Panthers, played there for 7 years, and won the Stanley
> Cup during his 6 years in Anaheim. Scott """is""" the only
> player to win every major North American and international
> championship, as well as the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies,
> during a 20-year career with New Jersey and Anaheim.

Niedermayer. (Still true.)

Corey Perry achieved a similar set of championships in 2016, but
as a forward, is not eligible for the Norris trophy.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 7 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> His Lit Can Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 36 12 8 24 80
Dan Blum 36 12 12 12 72
Dan Tilque 36 0 20 8 64
Erland Sommarskog 28 0 12 24 64
Pete Gayde -- -- 14 36 50

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "One of the most common diagnoses... was 'Other'."
msb@vex.net | --Atul Gawande, "The Checklist Manifesto"