Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Newsom pans efforts to block Trump from California ballot
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:42:05 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:42 UTC

Well, I guess Baxter disagrees with Newsom here also.

from
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/22/newsom-pans-efforts-to-block-trump-from-california-ballot-00133152

Newsom pans efforts to block Trump from California ballot
A number of California politicians rushed to fast-track efforts to deem
Trump ineligible for the presidency after the Colorado Supreme Court’s
ruling.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
Gov. Gavin Newsom urged his fellow California Democrats not to get ahead
of the U.S. Supreme Court. | Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images

By MELANIE MASON

12/22/2023 07:38 PM EST

LOS ANGELES — Gov. Gavin Newsom has a message for California politicians
eager to follow Colorado’s lead to block former President Donald Trump
from the ballot: Cool your jets.

The Colorado Supreme Court ruled this week that Trump was ineligible to
run for president because he fomented the Jan. 6 insurrection. The
decision breathed life into efforts across the country, including in
California, to disqualify the former president for violating the 14th
Amendment.

But in a Friday afternoon statement, Newsom telegraphed to his fellow
California Democrats not to get ahead of the U.S. Supreme Court, which
will almost certainly be the final arbiter of that decision.

“There is no doubt that Donald Trump is a threat to our liberties and
even to our democracy,” Newsom said, “but in California, we defeat
candidates at the polls. Everything else is a political distraction.”

His remarks threw cold water on numerous attempts by elected officials
to seize on the Colorado decision.

Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis, who is running for governor in 2026, issued a
letter urging California Secretary of State Shirley Weber to “explore
every legal option” to remove Trump from the ballot. Democratic state
Sen. Dave Min, an Orange County congressional candidate, said he would
introduce a bill letting California residents sue to block ineligible
candidates — although given the legislative calendar, it is all but
impossible for such a measure to be passed and take effect in time to
apply to the March 5 presidential primary.

Months before the Colorado ruling was handed down, a group of Democratic
state legislators urged California Attorney General Rob Bonta to use his
powers to expedite a ruling on whether Trump was ineligible to appear on
the ballot.

There has been a sprawling nationwide legal strategy to bar Trump from
eligibility given his role on Jan. 6. The Colorado decision, the first
in history to disqualify a presidential candidate under the 14th
Amendment, immediately prompted some proponents to fast-track their
efforts. In Michigan, a group of voters suing to keep Trump off the
ballot wrote a letter to their state Supreme Court, using the Colorado
decision to argue their case.

In Maine, Shenna Bellows, the Democratic secretary of state who is
considering complaints challenging Trump’s eligibility, invited lawyers
on both sides to file supplemental briefs in light of the Colorado
decision. She is poised to make a decision next week.

FILED UNDER: CAMPAIGNS, U.S. SUPREME COURT, DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP 2024,
POLITICO
Playbook

Re: Newsom pans efforts to block Trump from California ballot

<um9oih$2kviu$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4043&group=alt.law-enforcement#4043

Followup: alt.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh.tv-show,alt.fan.marty.the.gay-pigboy
From: patri...@protonmail.com (Barron Trump)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:08:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Barron Trump - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:08 UTC

>Well, I guess Baxter disagrees with Newsom here also.

Trump should be locked up in protective custody and not allowed out. It's
for his own safety.