If you aren't rich you should always look useful. -- Louis-Ferdinand Celine

interests / soc.genealogy.medieval / Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

SubjectAuthor
* Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forAndrew Z
`* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
 `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
  `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores oWill Johnson
   `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
    `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
     `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
      `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
       `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forAndrew Z
        `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
         +* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
         |`- Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
         `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forAndrew Z
          `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
           `* Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forWill Johnson
            `- Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents forAndrew Z

1
Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<046d08eb-dc14-431f-b0fc-564aa850eeefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4008&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4008

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:07:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: azwind...@gmail.com (Andrew Z)
 by: Andrew Z - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:07 UTC

Dear group,

I would like to share and confirm my research on the Hockmores of Buckland Baron. My research focused on verifying the later generations of the lineage below.

1. Edward III, King of England and Philippa of Hainault
2. John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster and Katherine de Roet
3. Cardinal Henry Beaufort, Bishop of Winchester
4. Joan Beaufort and Sir Edward Stradling
5. Sir Henry Stradling and Elizabeth ap Thomas
6. Thomas Stradling and Jenet Matthew
7. Sir Edward Stradling and Elizabeth Arundell
8. Jane Stradling and Alexander Popham

9. Elizabeth Popham and Richard Michell
Abstract of Richard Michell’s will (proved 1563): https://books.google.ca/books?id=RktFAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA3#v=onepage&q&f=false

10. Sir Bartholomew Michell and NN.
Abstract of Sir Bartholomew Michell’s will (proved 1616):
https://books.google.ca/books?id=RktFAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA3#v=onepage&q&f=false

11. Jane Michell and William Hockmore of Buckland Baron
Abstract of William Hockmore’s will (proved 1627)
https://www.google.ca/books/edition/Abstracts_of_Somersetshire_Wills_Etc/KktFAAAAYAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA39&printsec=frontcover
William Hockmore’s will (proved 1627):
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D884751

12. Gregory Hockmore of Buckland Baron and Mary Reynell
Petition identifying Gregory Hockmore as a grandson of Sir Bartholomew Michell (dated 1639):
https://books.google.ca/books?id=2zMMAQAAIAAJ&lpg=PA49&pg=PA49#v=onepage&q&f=true

13. Sir Gregory Hockmore of Buckland Baron and Honor Hele
Enfeoffment identifying Gregory Hockmore as the son of late Gregory Hockmore, Esq. (dated 1658)
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/cb71b0e8-9d85-4f8d-a23d-eb8eff3395a1
Sir Gregory Hockmore’s will (proved 1680):
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D3385447

14. William Hockmore of Buckland Baron and Mary Prestwood
William Hockmore’s will (proved 1708):
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D644838

15. Honora Hockmore of Buckland Baron and Davidge Gould of Sharpham Park
Davidge Gould’s will (proved 1767)
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D499808
Lawsuit specifying Honora Hockmore’s descent from Gregory Hockmore
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C10495171

The wills listed above name the heirs for each subsequent generation, with the exception of Gregory Hockmore, whose will I wasn’t able to find; however, he is referenced as the father of Gregory Hockmore in two legal documents cited above.

Furthermore, the possession of Michell manors by the Gould family seems to ultimately support this line of descent:
Durleigh: https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/som/vol6/pp31-33
Cannington: https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/som/vol6/pp76-85
Wembdon: https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/som/vol6/pp325-330

The research above also confirms the relevant part of the Hockmore pedigree from Vivian’s Visitiations of Devon:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=yale.39002002213917&view=1up&seq=486&skin=2021

In addition to the descent from Edward III detailed above, I believe the following Hockmore spouses are descendants of Edward I:

1. Mary Floyer, daughter of William Floyer and Elizabeth Kirke (both through Carew/FitzAlan/Despenser/de Clare and Carew/Courtney/de Bohun)
[as per Brad Verity’s previous post] https://groups.google.com/g/soc.genealogy.medieval/c/2Bqrww_7DY8/m/zmq3sMg7AQAJ

2. Jane Michell, daughter of Sir Bartholomew Michell (via Genealogics through Fitzjames/Bluett/St. Maur/Brooke/Braybrooke/de la Pole/Cobham/Courtney/de Bohun)
[link to her great-grandfather’s Genealogics page] https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00232237&tree=LEO

3. Mary Reynell, daughter of Sir Richard Reynell and Mary Reynell of Creedy-Widger (via Genealogics through Periam/Prideaux/Yorke/Lutrell/Courtney/de Bohun)
[link to her mother’s Genealogics page] https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00727267&tree=LEO

4. Honor Hele, daughter of Sir Thomas Hele and Elizabeth Elwes (via Genealogics both through Champernowne/Courtney/de Bohun and Carew/FitzAlan/Despenser/de Clare)
[link to her great-grandfather’s Genealogics page] https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00431240&tree=LEO

5. Mary Prestwood, daughter of George Prestwood and Mary Isaac (via Genealogics through Stroude/Courtney/de Bohun)
[link to her father’s Genealogics page]
https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00713839&tree=LEO

I would appreciate your input on:
1) Confirming the accuracy of the above
2) Identifying any additional lineages from Edward I or Edward III (if any)..
3) Identifying Sir Bartholomew Michell’s wife (if possible). I didn’t see any reference to her in any of sources I consulted, and I came across only one pedigree for the Michells. The Popham pedigree immediately below it extends the Michell pedigree by providing some details about the children of Elizabeth Popham and Richard Michell.
https://books.google.ca/books?id=paXRXTR6SXAC&pg=PA124#v=onepage&q&f=false

Many thanks in advance!

Andrew

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<c84732d1-1c81-436d-927d-d9dd17c30914n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4009&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4009

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:44:55 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 21:44 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 12:07:34 PM UTC-8, Andrew Z wrote:
> [...]
> [link to her great-grandfather’s Genealogics page] https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00431240&tree=LEO
>
> 5. Mary Prestwood, daughter of George Prestwood and Mary Isaac (via Genealogics through Stroude/Courtney/de Bohun)
> [link to her father’s Genealogics page]
> https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00713839&tree=LEO
>
> I would appreciate your input on:
> 1) Confirming the accuracy of the above
> 2) Identifying any additional lineages from Edward I or Edward III (if any).
> 3) Identifying Sir Bartholomew Michell’s wife (if possible). I didn’t see any reference to her in any of sources I consulted, and I came across only one pedigree for the Michells. The Popham pedigree immediately below it extends the Michell pedigree by providing some details about the children of Elizabeth Popham and Richard Michell.

This represents an addition to Genealogics as we see here only one child given to Richard Michell

https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00624081&tree=LEO

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<58e7c9ff-cc00-4345-97b2-c8c88a194351n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4010&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4010

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:03:55 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:03 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 1:44:56 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

> > 10. Sir Bartholomew Michell and NN.
> > Abstract of Sir Bartholomew Michell’s will (proved 1616):
> > https://books.google.ca/books?id=RktFAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA3#v=onepage&q&f=false
> >
> > 11. Jane Michell and William Hockmore of Buckland Baron
> > Abstract of William Hockmore’s will (proved 1627)
> > https://www.google.ca/books/edition/Abstracts_of_Somersetshire_Wills_Etc/KktFAAAAYAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA39&printsec=frontcover
> > William Hockmore’s will (proved 1627):
> > https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D884751

This William Hockmore was also an MP

http://www.histparl.ac.uk/volume/1604-1629/member/hockmore-william-1581-1626

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<43c6ecbc-1929-42fe-8a3d-08c0fb436341n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4011&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4011

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:19:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:19 UTC

To identify possible birth range for Jane Michell we have

Gregory Hockmore son of William
was baptised 30 May 1611 Churston Ferrers, Devon

On the backside we have that
Bartholomew /Michell/ of West Hay, Somerset; Knt
was "not yet 21" in his father's
Will dated 12 Jul 5Eliz, proved 17 Feb 1563/4

There is an entry at findagrave, for what's its worth that claims he was born exactly Nov 1559

If we take that, for the moment, there is a marriage of some Bartholomew Michell to a Katherine Moseley which could fit this time period

Marriage16 February 1595
St Stephen Coleman Street, London, England, United Kingdom

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<3cac5bd2-93dc-4724-8646-9efee4e454bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4012&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4012

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:23:45 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:23 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 2:19:36 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

> There is an entry at findagrave, for what's its worth that claims he was born exactly Nov 1559
>
> If we take that, for the moment, there is a marriage of some Bartholomew Michell to a Katherine Moseley which could fit this time period
>
> Marriage16 February 1595
> St Stephen Coleman Street, London, England, United Kingdom

This cannot be.
Checking the findagrave references, they cite and post a photo of the actual M.I. for William Hockmore and Jane Michell.

This M.I. states that Jane was born "the 16th of July 1584" eldest daughter

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<9e7c5115-ba77-4385-ab1f-91f4485c3077n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4013&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4013

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:40:28 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:40 UTC

Honor Hele was baptised
25 Mar 1639 Holbeton, co Devon
daughter of
Thomas /Hele/ , Bnt 1627
and
Elizabeth /Curzon/

She married Gregory /Hockmore/ at this same place
Holbeton, co Devon

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<406b8cd1-f3b4-4cce-9464-e2c635fa19d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4014&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4014

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:45:57 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:45 UTC

The marriage date for Mary Prestwood to William Hockmore can be found here

https://books.google.com/books?id=GmqlIibS95IC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=william%20hockmore%20mary%20prestwood&pg=PA615#v=onepage&q=william%20hockmore%20mary%20prestwood&f=true

at North Huish
citing the Parish Register of that place

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<0a8bae35-919d-43b0-a86c-01c6033647ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4015&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4015

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:53:17 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:53 UTC

The next generation appears

https://books.google.com/books?id=qf4GAAAAQAAJ&dq=juliana%20prestwood%20hele&pg=PA569#v=onepage&q&f=true

Although I note that Burke's calls 1Thomas' wife Honor FOWEL while the Vis Devon cited prior calls her Honora HOCKMORE

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<7bc3df79-c0a5-4bb1-9438-cfca86382ed2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4016&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4016

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:19:41 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: azwind...@gmail.com (Andrew Z)
 by: Andrew Z - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:19 UTC

Thank you, Will for the quick response, searching for information about Sir Bartholomew Michell's wife and examining the Hockmore generations in detail – I really appreciated it!

To respond to the specific points that you raised:

> This represents an addition to Genealogics as we see here only one child given to Richard Michell
> https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00624081&tree=LEO

Agreed. I also noticed that Richard Michell from the link in your post is not connected to his father’s Genealogics page (link from my original post). https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00232237&tree=LEO

Additionally, in regard to the Floyer lineage, I noticed that Genealogics page for John Carew of Anthony House (William Floyer’s grandfather) doesn’t indicate his parents https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00710625&tree=LEO
and is probably a duplicate of this John Carew of Anthony (whose descent from Edward I can be followed on Genealogics)
https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00695437&tree=LEO

> Honor Hele was baptised
> 25 Mar 1639 Holbeton, co Devon
> daughter of
> Thomas /Hele/ , Bnt 1627
> and
> Elizabeth /Curzon/

With respect to Elizabeth Curzon, according to this source: (https://books.google.ca/books?id=aL0VAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA555&pg=PA556#v=onepage&q&f=false)
“1661 Jan. 1 Gregory Huckmore gent, and Mrs. Honor Hele…[footnote] Daughter of Sir Thomas Hele, by Elizabeth, daughter of Edward Elwes (third son of Geoffry Elwes, of Woodford, Essex, fourth son of William Elwes, of Askham, Notts), and not Elizabeth Curzon, as p. 466 of Vivian's Visitations of Devon. She was married to Sir Thomas Hele at S. Mary, Kensington, July 16th, 1632”
This information about Elizabeth Elwes is also reflected in Sir Thomas Hele’s HOP article:
https://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1660-1690/member/hele-sir-thomas-1595-1670

> The marriage date for Mary Prestwood to William Hockmore can be found here

Additionally, William Hockmore and Mary Prestwood had a well documented divorce case:
Transcription:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=837779.9
Original:
http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/C78/C78no1160/IMG_0001.htm

> The next generation appears
https://books.google.com/books?id=qf4GAAAAQAAJ&dq=juliana%20prestwood%20hele&pg=PA569#v=onepage&q&f=true
> Although I note that Burke's calls 1Thomas' wife Honor FOWEL while the Vis Devon cited prior calls her Honora HOCKMORE

Good point. Burke’s Commoners from the link immediately above indeed contradicts the Prestwood pedigree in Vivian’s Visitations of Devon, which states that Thomas Prestwood’s wife was Honor Hockmore, daughter of Sir Gregory Hockmore. It also has incomplete information in regard to William Hockmore’s daughters; as per the divorce case mentioned above, they were “Mary Hockmore Jane Hockmore Honora Hockmore Alice Hockmore and Prestwood Hockmore,” but only three of them are named with their spouses in the lawsuit cited in my original post: “Davidge Gould, esq of Sharpham Park, Somerset and Honora Gould his wife, Brent Reynell Spiller, esq of Lyme Regis, Dorset and Mary Spiller his wife, William Pitt, esq of Crickett, Somerset and Jane Pitt his wife (said oratrices are daughters of William Hockmere esq, late of Buckland Baron, Devon”

All the best,

Andrew

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<6d07b808-2ac2-4363-896a-e5327469fbe4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4038&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4038

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:36:58 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:36 UTC

Elizabeth Elwes appears here with her parents, and husband

https://books.google.com/books?id=AIc1AQAAMAAJ&lpg=RA1-PA138-IA1&ots=vKSf8X-Pbz&dq=%22edward%20elwes%22%20merchant%20taylor&pg=RA1-PA138-IA1#v=onepage&q&f=true

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<f25dca30-872a-4068-bde4-3b2a627087b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4039&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4039

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:46:00 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:46 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:37:00 AM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
> Elizabeth Elwes appears here with her parents, and husband
>
> https://books.google.com/books?id=AIc1AQAAMAAJ&lpg=RA1-PA138-IA1&ots=vKSf8X-Pbz&dq=%22edward%20elwes%22%20merchant%20taylor&pg=RA1-PA138-IA1#v=onepage&q&f=true

We can see here why the mistake that she was a Curzon (by birth)
Her mother Susan Cresswell, after Edward Elwes had died (1623), she remarried to John Curzon of Waterperry

I *suggest* this is that John here being baptised, son of Francis lord of that place (by the way)

https://books.google.com/books?id=uVpIAAAAYAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=curzon%20waterperry%20oxon&pg=PA214#v=onepage&q=curzon%20waterperry%20oxon&f=false

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<bf95bb15-43b1-44e3-9219-b33816f72915n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4040&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4040

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:00:56 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:00 UTC

We see further

https://books.google.com/books?id=Qfk3tPvTojkC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=magdalen%20dormer%20john%20curzon&pg=PA247#v=onepage&q=magdalen%20dormer%20john%20curzon&f=false

That John Curzon married firstly Magdalen /Dormer/
and they were the parents of the same
Robert /Curzon/ of Water-Pyrie, co Oxon; Knt
who married
Diana /Tufton/ eighth daughter bap 27 Apr 1611 Hothfield, co Kent

daughter of
Nicholas Tufton, 1st Earl of /Thanet/ 1628-; Ho
and
Frances /Cecil/

Robert Curzon is a Cecil5 which makes his parents Cecil6's

Magdalen /Dormer/
died and he married secondly, to this Susan /Cresswell/

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<a902cc68-8fde-48bf-a49e-c6ef15c74992n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4041&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4041

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 13:09:33 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: azwind...@gmail.com (Andrew Z)
 by: Andrew Z - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:09 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 2:37:00 PM UTC-5, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
> Elizabeth Elwes appears here with her parents, and husband
>
> https://books.google.com/books?id=AIc1AQAAMAAJ&lpg=RA1-PA138-IA1&ots=vKSf8X-Pbz&dq=%22edward%20elwes%22%20merchant%20taylor&pg=RA1-PA138-IA1#v=onepage&q&f=true

Thank you, Will, that's a great find! I'll have to study it more detail later, but a cursory search reveals a potential Cresswell/Dyott/Weston connection. I noticed that there was some discussion in the past about John Weston and Cecily Neville (https://groups.google.com/g/soc.genealogy.medieval/c/37WN4EU-PyA/m/8_KiDylo42AJ) and that HOP identifies Cecily Neville as "sis. of Ralph, 4th Earl of Westmorland" and as the mother of Robert Weston (https://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1509-1558/member/weston-robert-1522-73) and James Weston (https://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/weston-james-1525-89). Has there been any new research on Cecily Neville (Weston) since 2014?

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<2fe8c780-545f-4bd5-b019-6e99577718f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4042&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4042

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:56:07 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:56 UTC

Doing this research has led me to the burial date for that Robert Curzon who m Diana Tufton
16 Mar 1644 at Waterperry, Oxon

https://books.google.com/books?id=uVpIAAAAYAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=curzon%20waterperry%20oxon&pg=PA215#v=onepage&q=curzon%20waterperry%20oxon&f=false

so we see that he d.v.p. as his own father was buried there 15 Jan 1655
and I take that "Guillem" to be the second son William thus leaving Waterperry to the third son as Thomas

allowing us to match what BHO says about Waterperry, although they dont give all of these details

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<ee426b72-90ca-451c-89ca-702d97f00f99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4043&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4043

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:12:41 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 23:12 UTC

Some more details on Susan Cresswell's immediate family

https://books.google.com/books?id=N__lAAAAMAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=%22richard%20cresswell%22%20of%20barnhurst&pg=PA90#v=onepage&q=%22richard%20cresswell%22%20of%20barnhurst&f=false

Re: Confirming Edward III Descent and Multiple Edward I Descents for Hockmores of Buckland Baron

<d2deb6ca-de47-443c-be40-3a2cc7003e93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4047&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4047

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 03:14:42 -0800 (PST)
Hockmores of Buckland Baron
From: azwind...@gmail.com (Andrew Z)
 by: Andrew Z - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:14 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 6:12:43 PM UTC-5, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
> Some more details on Susan Cresswell's immediate family
>
> https://books.google.com/books?id=N__lAAAAMAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=%22richard%20cresswell%22%20of%20barnhurst&pg=PA90#v=onepage&q=%22richard%20cresswell%22%20of%20barnhurst&f=false

Thanks for sharing the Cresswell pedigree, Will! It links up with Dyott pedigrees showing Richard Cresswell marrying Jane Dyott, daughter of Catherine Weston:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=gfwcAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA117&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
https://www.google.ca/books/edition/A_Survey_of_Staffordshire/DEgJAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&d&pg=PA232&printsec=frontcover
https://www.google.ca/books/edition/Dyott_s_Diary_1781_1845/U-9MAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PT1&printsec=frontcover

Combining the Elwes, Cresswell and Dyott pedigrees posted above (without any additional verification) we get the following lineage:
William Hockmore and Mary Prestwood
Honor Hele and Sir Gregory Hockmore of Buckland Baron
Elizabeth Elwes and Sir Thomas Hele
Susannah Cresswell and Edward Elwes
Jane Dyott and Richard Cresswell
Catherine Weston and John Dyott
John Weston of Lichfield

Which then leads us to the 1632 Weston pedigree issue...

All the best!

Andrew