Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.

interests / alt.food.wine / TN: ESJ and Roulot

SubjectAuthor
* TN: ESJ and Roulotdalewilli...@gmail.com
`* Re: TN: ESJ and RoulotMark Lipton
 `- Re: TN: ESJ and Roulotdalewilli...@gmail.com

1
TN: ESJ and Roulot

<0656b88f-da0f-40f2-84e8-0c10cd7901b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=406&group=alt.food.wine#406

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 08:28:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: ESJ and Roulot
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:28 UTC

Friday oysters, halibut roasted with orange, couscous, and salad. I remember the days I could afford Sauzet, Ramonet, or Roulot 1ers. Now I am thrilled to get 2019 Roulot Bourgogne Blanc under $60 Pear, apple and citrus blossom, fleshy without being flabby, nice balance. Gets a little hazelnut edge with air. Really fine. B+

We had been talking about steak, but roasted a chicken instead (with pimenton cauliflower and potatoes on side), I stuck to my steak wine. 2012 Edmunds St John Fenaughty Syrah surprised me with the sweet quality of the fruit, but once I got over surprise I quite enjoyed the wine. Blackberry and blackcurrant, earth, a little gamebird. Complex and balanced, very nice length. I’m sad this might be my only bottle. A-/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: ESJ and Roulot

<trh8l6$11qkv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=409&group=alt.food.wine#409

From: not...@eudrup.ude (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: Re: TN: ESJ and Roulot
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 16:06:46 -0500
 by: Mark Lipton - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 21:06 UTC

On 1/29/23 11:28 AM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Friday oysters, halibut roasted with orange, couscous, and salad. I remember the days I could afford Sauzet, Ramonet, or Roulot 1ers. Now I am thrilled to get 2019 Roulot Bourgogne Blanc under $60 Pear, apple and citrus blossom, fleshy without being flabby, nice balance. Gets a little hazelnut edge with air. Really fine. B+
>
> We had been talking about steak, but roasted a chicken instead (with pimenton cauliflower and potatoes on side), I stuck to my steak wine. 2012 Edmunds St John Fenaughty Syrah surprised me with the sweet quality of the fruit, but once I got over surprise I quite enjoyed the wine. Blackberry and blackcurrant, earth, a little gamebird. Complex and balanced, very nice length. I’m sad this might be my only bottle. A-/B+

Coincidentally (perhaps) Rahsaan brought a bottle of this wine to my
jeeb dinner in Jersey City. Yes, the sweet fruit was a shock, as was
the openness of the wine. It still had plenty of structure, and got
more savory as the evening wore on, but a very unusual showing for an
ESJ Syrah.

Mark Lipton

Re: TN: ESJ and Roulot

<ddf8e501-e9f1-4b29-9fff-2b028b2328afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=411&group=alt.food.wine#411

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 13:09:00 -0800 (PST)
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 21:09 UTC

On Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 4:06:48 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 1/29/23 11:28 AM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Friday oysters, halibut roasted with orange, couscous, and salad. I remember the days I could afford Sauzet, Ramonet, or Roulot 1ers. Now I am thrilled to get 2019 Roulot Bourgogne Blanc under $60 Pear, apple and citrus blossom, fleshy without being flabby, nice balance. Gets a little hazelnut edge with air. Really fine. B+
> >
> > We had been talking about steak, but roasted a chicken instead (with pimenton cauliflower and potatoes on side), I stuck to my steak wine. 2012 Edmunds St John Fenaughty Syrah surprised me with the sweet quality of the fruit, but once I got over surprise I quite enjoyed the wine. Blackberry and blackcurrant, earth, a little gamebird. Complex and balanced, very nice length. I’m sad this might be my only bottle. A-/B+
> Coincidentally (perhaps) Rahsaan brought a bottle of this wine to my
> jeeb dinner in Jersey City. Yes, the sweet fruit was a shock, as was
> the openness of the wine. It still had plenty of structure, and got
> more savory as the evening wore on, but a very unusual showing for an
> ESJ Syrah.
>
> Mark Lipton
Not really a coincidence, you mentioned it and spurred me to open!