From: doper.st...@denverpost.com (Gay Doper State)
Subject: Re: Newspapers stolen after story alleges rape at police chief's home
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:23:28 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.deadmolly.woodchipper, alt.law-enforcement, co.politics,
talk.politics.guns, talk.rape
 by: Gay Doper State - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 03:23 UTC

Molly Bolt <mollythebolt666@gmail.com> posted some

> A rape of a female in faggot governed Colorado? That's a switch.

Anewspaper that published a story about an alleged rape at the home of a
Colorado police chief said that week's paper was stolen out of racks,
keeping people from purchasing the edition.

The Ouray County Plaindealer reported on Wednesday that a teenage girl had
allegedly been assaulted multiple times during a late-night party with the
Ouray County police chief's stepson and two others in May. The 17-year-old
reported the alleged assaults to investigators, and said that she screamed
and fought back while Police Chief Jeff Wood and his family slept
upstairs. Wood declined to comment for the Plaindealer's story.

According to the Plaindealer, the initial case report was taken by an
investigator from the Ouray County Sheriff's Office before the case was
referred to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. In a statement on
Thursday, Ouray officials said they had been monitoring the case since May
because Wood's residence was involved in the alleged assault. The Ouray
Police Department was not involved in the investigation, the statement
said, and "no personnel investigations are being conducted in the Ouray
Police Department" as a result of the allegations.

According to the Plaindealer and a news release from the Colorado Bureau
of Investigation, Wood's stepson and two other men were arrested on
charges of felony sexual assault in December.

The story outlining the alleged assault, charges and ongoing case was
meant to be on the front page of the Plaindealer this week, but physical
copies sold in newspaper racks throughout Ouray County were stolen, the
paper said in a statement above its online edition attributed to co-
publisher Erin McIntyre. McIntyre was the author of the piece about the
alleged assault.

"I'm sorry that most of you locals who like to get your papers from the
racks were not able to put your quarters in and receive your weekly news
today," the statement said. "All of our newspaper racks in Ouray and all
but one rack in Ridgway were hit by a thief who stole all the newspapers.
>From what we know so far, it seems this person put in four quarters and
took all the papers at these racks. It's pretty clear that someone didn't
want the community to read the news this week."

The newspaper asked anyone with information about the thefts to contact
the Montrose County Sheriff's Office. Montrose County borders Ouray
County.

"I'll leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions on which story they
didn't want you to read. Whoever did this took the time to steal hundreds
of newspapers around the county, to prevent you from reading the news,"
the paper's statement continued. "Whoever did this does not understand
that stealing newspapers doesn't stop a story. We're not going to stop
doing our job, which is to shine light on important issues in our
community and keep you informed. This person is not going to shut down the
freedom of the press by stealing a few hundred newspapers. Our community
won't stand for it and we won't, either."

The paper said that it is working with the Montrose Daily Press to have
another run of papers published, and said it would update readers again
when those newspapers are available for distribution.

"If you meant to intimidate us, you just strengthened our resolve," the
statement added.

CBS News reached out to Wood, but has not received a response.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/newspapers-stolen-after-story-
alleges-rape-at-police-chief-s-home/ar-BB1gX2Cp