Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success. -- Christopher Lascl

interests / soc.genealogy.medieval / Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

SubjectAuthor
* Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
+- Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJBrand
`* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohn Higgins
 `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
  `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
   `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
    `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
     `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
      `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas
       `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsElizabeth A
        `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJBrand
         `* Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantspj.ev...@gmail.com
          `- Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendantsJohnny Brananas

1
Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<74aea7b2-4c2c-4140-863f-1a43467e4f79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4048&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4048

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:44:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 22:44 UTC

Roper Dawson, a merchant of New York, was born 1724, married Rachel Burnett, and died in 1771 on Staten Island.

Their son George Dawson is said to have married ___ and had one daughter ____ who married ___ Coleman, as well as another daughter ____ who married Washington Jackson.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/A_COLLECTION_OF_FAMILY_RECORDS/dWVfrEWbMRYC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22george+dawson%22+priscilla&pg=PA164&printsec=frontcover

The webpage below shows that the daughter of George Dawson who married Washington Jackson was named "Anna Maria Dawson." She and Washington Jackson eventually went to England, where he died in 1865, worth some L120,000. Some of their descendants have intermarried with the minor aristocracy, gentry, professional classes, etc.

https://www.townthorns.co.uk/the-jacksons

Herman L. Collins, _Philadelphia, A Story of Progress_ (1941), shows what happened to the other daughter: "[James Coleman] married, September 18, 1822, Harriet Dawson, of Philadelphia, daughter of George Burnet Dawson, a captain in Tarleton's Dragoons in the Revolutionary War, and Anna Maria Robertson."

https://www.google.com/search?q=james+coleman+harriet+dawson&hl=en&biw=1760&bih=850&tbm=bks&ei=BGf0YfKGM-6W_QbV2bGoAw&ved=0ahUKEwjymMbHuNX1AhVuS98KHdVsDDU4ChDh1QMICA&uact=5&oq=james+coleman+harriet+dawson&gs_lcp=Cg1nd3Mtd2l6LWJvb2tzEAM6BQgAEIAEOgQIIRAKOgUIIRCrAlD1BFiVQWC1RGgDcAB4AIABRogB5w6SAQIzMpgBAKABAcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-books

Find-A-Grave shows some prominent descendants for James Coleman and Harriet Dawson, daughter of George and Anna Maria (Robertson) Dawson:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/112682025/james-robert-coleman

One of them married an Astor and one married a Graf von Haugwitz-Hardenberg, the ex-husband of Barbara Huttton:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/68611187/james-coleman-drayton

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/132284623/margaret-astor-reventlow

But, anyway, the first mentioned Roper Dawson was apparently of royal descent (Edward III) per a number of sources:

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101073849067&view=1up&seq=154&skin=2021

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Yorkshire_Archaeological_Journal/RgcVAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22george+dawson%22+heaton&pg=PA332&printsec=frontcover

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Journals_of_the_House_of_Lords/fRtDAAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22lillington+dawson%22&pg=PA183&printsec=frontcover

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Royal_Families_of_England_Scotland_a/3r0_AAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22william%20dawson%22%20

Lady Elizabeth Percy = Lord Clifford
Thomas, Lord Clifford = Joan Dacre
John, Lord Clifford = Margaret Vesey
Henry, Lord Clifford = Florence Pudsey
Dorothy Clifford = Sir Hugh Lowther
Sir Richard Lowther = Frances Middleton
Sir Christopher Lowther = Eleanor Musgrave
Sir John Lowther, MP = Eleanor Fleming
Sir Wiliam Lowther of Swillington = Jane Busfield
Agnes Lowther = William Dawson
George Dawson of North Ferriby = Dorothy Heaton
Roper Dawson of NY

I won't claim to have verified this line, but at least some RD seems likely given the names in the marriages.

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<f4dcf67c-719f-422d-b51a-9ac707e39498n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4049&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4049

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 18:46:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 02:46 UTC

On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 5:44:20 PM UTC-5, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/Journals_of_the_House_of_Lords/fRtDAAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22lillington+dawson%22&pg=PA183&printsec=frontcover
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Royal_Families_of_England_Scotland_a/3r0_AAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22william%20dawson%22%20
>
> Lady Elizabeth Percy = Lord Clifford
> Thomas, Lord Clifford = Joan Dacre
> John, Lord Clifford = Margaret Vesey
> Henry, Lord Clifford = Florence Pudsey
> Dorothy Clifford = Sir Hugh Lowther
> Sir Richard Lowther = Frances Middleton
> Sir Christopher Lowther = Eleanor Musgrave
> Sir John Lowther, MP = Eleanor Fleming
> Sir Wiliam Lowther of Swillington = Jane Busfield
> Agnes Lowther = William Dawson
> George Dawson of North Ferriby = Dorothy Heaton
> Roper Dawson of NY
>
> I won't claim to have verified this line, but at least some RD seems likely given the names in the marriages.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Publications_of_the_Genealogical_Society/b9UUAAAAYAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22george+dawson%22+tarletons&pg=PA140&printsec=frontcover

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<c344381d-489b-4142-875b-879387febfe4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4054&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4054

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 17:15:37 -0800 (PST)
From: jhiggins...@yahoo.com (John Higgins)
 by: John Higgins - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 01:15 UTC

On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 2:44:20 PM UTC-8, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/Journals_of_the_House_of_Lords/fRtDAAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22lillington+dawson%22&pg=PA183&printsec=frontcover
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Royal_Families_of_England_Scotland_a/3r0_AAAAcAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22william%20dawson%22%20
>
> Lady Elizabeth Percy = Lord Clifford
> Thomas, Lord Clifford = Joan Dacre
> John, Lord Clifford = Margaret Vesey
> Henry, Lord Clifford = Florence Pudsey
> Dorothy Clifford = Sir Hugh Lowther
> Sir Richard Lowther = Frances Middleton
> Sir Christopher Lowther = Eleanor Musgrave
> Sir John Lowther, MP = Eleanor Fleming
> Sir Wiliam Lowther of Swillington = Jane Busfield
> Agnes Lowther = William Dawson
> George Dawson of North Ferriby = Dorothy Heaton
> Roper Dawson of NY
>
> I won't claim to have verified this line, but at least some RD seems likely given the names in the marriages.
By my count, Roper Dawson has 8 Edward I descents, of which 2 are Edward III descents. The 2 Edward III descents are via Sir John Lowther and his wife Eleanor Fleming.

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<c10f31f3-07e4-4c37-95be-12665e47c1d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4077&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4077

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:14:30 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:14 UTC

On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 8:15:38 PM UTC-5, jhigg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Lady Elizabeth Percy = Lord Clifford
> > Thomas, Lord Clifford = Joan Dacre
> > John, Lord Clifford = Margaret Vesey
> > Henry, Lord Clifford = Florence Pudsey
> > Dorothy Clifford = Sir Hugh Lowther
> > Sir Richard Lowther = Frances Middleton
> > Sir Christopher Lowther = Eleanor Musgrave
> > Sir John Lowther, MP = Eleanor Fleming
> > Sir Wiliam Lowther of Swillington = Jane Busfield
> > Agnes Lowther = William Dawson
> > George Dawson of North Ferriby = Dorothy Heaton
> > Roper Dawson of NY
> >
> > I won't claim to have verified this line, but at least some RD seems likely given the names in the marriages.
> By my count, Roper Dawson has 8 Edward I descents, of which 2 are Edward III descents. The 2 Edward III descents are via Sir John Lowther and his wife Eleanor Fleming.

Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
Annie Hargreaves = Frederick Eustace Arbuthnot Wollaston
Violet Cicely Kathleen Wollaston = Col. Douglas Clifton Brown, 1st Viscount Ruffside
Hon. Audrey Pellew Clifton Brown = Rt. Hon. Sir Harry Braustyn Hylton Hylton-Foster

Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
Grace Hargreaves = Sir Ffolliott William Erskine, 3rd Bt.
Lt.-Col. Sir Thomas Wilfred Hargreaves John Erskine, 4th Bt. = Magdalen Janet Anstruther
Sir Thomas David Erskine, 5th Bt. = Ann Fraser Tytler

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<bb4952b0-6520-41e2-ac0a-4ea70b600843n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4078&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4078

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:23:45 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:23 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:14:32 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > I won't claim to have verified this line, but at least some RD seems likely given the names in the marriages.
> > By my count, Roper Dawson has 8 Edward I descents, of which 2 are Edward III descents. The 2 Edward III descents are via Sir John Lowther and his wife Eleanor Fleming.
> Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> Annie Hargreaves = Frederick Eustace Arbuthnot Wollaston
> Violet Cicely Kathleen Wollaston = Col. Douglas Clifton Brown, 1st Viscount Ruffside
> Hon. Audrey Pellew Clifton Brown = Rt. Hon. Sir Harry Braustyn Hylton Hylton-Foster
>

> Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> Grace Hargreaves = Sir Ffolliott William Erskine, 3rd Bt.
> Lt.-Col. Sir Thomas Wilfred Hargreaves John Erskine, 4th Bt. = Magdalen Janet Anstruther
> Sir Thomas David Erskine, 5th Bt. = Ann Fraser Tytler

http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/C19/families_Hargreaves_Children.htm

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<84933f11-02cc-4ae0-8b22-7e3a7f6e7cb8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4079&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4079

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:02:56 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:02 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:23:47 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:14:32 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > By my count, Roper Dawson has 8 Edward I descents, of which 2 are Edward III descents. The 2 Edward III descents are via Sir John Lowther and his wife Eleanor Fleming.
> > Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> > Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> > Annie Hargreaves = Frederick Eustace Arbuthnot Wollaston
> > Violet Cicely Kathleen Wollaston = Col. Douglas Clifton Brown, 1st Viscount Ruffside
> > Hon. Audrey Pellew Clifton Brown = Rt. Hon. Sir Harry Braustyn Hylton Hylton-Foster
> >

> > Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> > Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> > Grace Hargreaves = Sir Ffolliott William Erskine, 3rd Bt.
> > Lt.-Col. Sir Thomas Wilfred Hargreaves John Erskine, 4th Bt. = Magdalen Janet Anstruther
> > Sir Thomas David Erskine, 5th Bt. = Ann Fraser Tytler
> http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/C19/families_Hargreaves_Children.htm

https://www.colemanmemorialpark.com/testimonials

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<b533e2c3-2fb4-4104-8dd3-b60f426dbd17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4080&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4080

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:28:27 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:28 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:02:58 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:23:47 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> > > Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> > > Annie Hargreaves = Frederick Eustace Arbuthnot Wollaston
> > > Violet Cicely Kathleen Wollaston = Col. Douglas Clifton Brown, 1st Viscount Ruffside
> > > Hon. Audrey Pellew Clifton Brown = Rt. Hon. Sir Harry Braustyn Hylton Hylton-Foster
> > >

> > > Washington Jackson = Anna Maria Dawson
> > > Sarah Washington Jackson = Thomas Hargreaves
> > > Grace Hargreaves = Sir Ffolliott William Erskine, 3rd Bt.
> > > Lt.-Col. Sir Thomas Wilfred Hargreaves John Erskine, 4th Bt. = Magdalen Janet Anstruther
> > > Sir Thomas David Erskine, 5th Bt. = Ann Fraser Tytler
> > http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/C19/families_Hargreaves_Children.htm
> https://www.colemanmemorialpark.com/testimonials

http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/families_hargreaves_chapel.htm

5. Washington Jackson Esq. youngest son of James Jackson Esq. of County Monaghan by Mary daughter of Norman Steel Esq. of Monalty Carrickmacross. Born Jan 21st 1784, Died at his residence 41 Belgrave Square London: July 14th 1865.

6. Anna Maria widow of Washington Jackson Esq., and eldest Daughter of the late George Dawson, Ferriby Yorkshire, Captain of Colonel Tarleton’s Regiment of Light Dragoons, Born at Burlington New Jersey U.S.A. Oct 22nd 1798 Died at 41 Belgrave Square London Oct 7th 1879. Her children arise up and call her blessed.

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<3cd516d3-de2f-4c42-90a0-311c17820131n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4081&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4081

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:34:57 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:34 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:28:29 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:02:58 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/C19/families_Hargreaves_Children.htm
> > https://www.colemanmemorialpark.com/testimonials
> http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/families_hargreaves_chapel.htm
>
> 5. Washington Jackson Esq. youngest son of James Jackson Esq. of County Monaghan by Mary daughter of Norman Steel Esq. of Monalty Carrickmacross. Born Jan 21st 1784, Died at his residence 41 Belgrave Square London: July 14th 1865.
>
> 6. Anna Maria widow of Washington Jackson Esq., and eldest Daughter of the late George Dawson, Ferriby Yorkshire, Captain of Colonel Tarleton’s Regiment of Light Dragoons, Born at Burlington New Jersey U.S.A. Oct 22nd 1798 Died at 41 Belgrave Square London Oct 7th 1879. Her children arise up and call her blessed.

Other members of the Dawson of Ferriby, Yorks., family are also buried here:

10. In the vault beneath rest the mortal remains of George Dawson of Yorkshire; he married Elmira the only surviving child of John Reeves of Arborfield, by his wife Dorothy, the daughter of Charles Gore, of Hockstow, in the county of Lincoln. He died 30th April 1832 in the 69th year of his age. His son inscribes this tablet to the memory of an affectionate father.

This would be a first cousin of the George Dawson buried in Philadelphia.

http://www.townsley.info/Strangeway/GedSite/up/i-p.htm?p=55552&g=3

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<0fadd7f5-a29c-45a4-8e49-647a633480ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4082&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4082

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:53:07 -0800 (PST)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:53 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:34:58 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:28:29 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > https://www.colemanmemorialpark.com/testimonials
> > http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/families_hargreaves_chapel.htm
> >
> > 5. Washington Jackson Esq. youngest son of James Jackson Esq. of County Monaghan by Mary daughter of Norman Steel Esq. of Monalty Carrickmacross. Born Jan 21st 1784, Died at his residence 41 Belgrave Square London: July 14th 1865.
> >
> > 6. Anna Maria widow of Washington Jackson Esq., and eldest Daughter of the late George Dawson, Ferriby Yorkshire, Captain of Colonel Tarleton’s Regiment of Light Dragoons, Born at Burlington New Jersey U.S.A. Oct 22nd 1798 Died at 41 Belgrave Square London Oct 7th 1879. Her children arise up and call her blessed.
> Other members of the Dawson of Ferriby, Yorks., family are also buried here:
>
> 10. In the vault beneath rest the mortal remains of George Dawson of Yorkshire; he married Elmira the only surviving child of John Reeves of Arborfield, by his wife Dorothy, the daughter of Charles Gore, of Hockstow, in the county of Lincoln. He died 30th April 1832 in the 69th year of his age. His son inscribes this tablet to the memory of an affectionate father.
>
> This would be a first cousin of the George Dawson buried in Philadelphia.
>
> http://www.townsley.info/Strangeway/GedSite/up/i-p.htm?p=55552&g=3

Apparently the source to see is Peter Hampson Ditchfield, _The History of the Dawson Family: Of Farlington and North Ferriby, York; Of Ackworth Park and Osgodby Hall, in the County of York. And of Philadelphia, United States of America_ (London, 1910), specifically "Appendix II: Pedigree of the Dawson Family, Showing the American and English Branches."

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<69ecbbcc-0988-4235-a7c6-f26a76630037n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4083&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4083

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 12:07:15 -0800 (PST)
From: starwars...@gmail.com (Elizabeth A)
 by: Elizabeth A - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 20:07 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:53:08 PM UTC-5, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:34:58 PM UTC-5, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > http://www.arborfieldhistory.org.uk/families_hargreaves_chapel.htm
> > >
> > > 5. Washington Jackson Esq. youngest son of James Jackson Esq. of County Monaghan by Mary daughter of Norman Steel Esq. of Monalty Carrickmacross.. Born Jan 21st 1784, Died at his residence 41 Belgrave Square London: July 14th 1865.
> > >
> > > 6. Anna Maria widow of Washington Jackson Esq., and eldest Daughter of the late George Dawson, Ferriby Yorkshire, Captain of Colonel Tarleton’s Regiment of Light Dragoons, Born at Burlington New Jersey U.S.A. Oct 22nd 1798 Died at 41 Belgrave Square London Oct 7th 1879. Her children arise up and call her blessed.
> > Other members of the Dawson of Ferriby, Yorks., family are also buried here:
> >
> > 10. In the vault beneath rest the mortal remains of George Dawson of Yorkshire; he married Elmira the only surviving child of John Reeves of Arborfield, by his wife Dorothy, the daughter of Charles Gore, of Hockstow, in the county of Lincoln. He died 30th April 1832 in the 69th year of his age. His son inscribes this tablet to the memory of an affectionate father.
> >
> > This would be a first cousin of the George Dawson buried in Philadelphia.
> >
> > http://www.townsley.info/Strangeway/GedSite/up/i-p.htm?p=55552&g=3
> Apparently the source to see is Peter Hampson Ditchfield, _The History of the Dawson Family: Of Farlington and North Ferriby, York; Of Ackworth Park and Osgodby Hall, in the County of York. And of Philadelphia, United States of America_ (London, 1910), specifically "Appendix II: Pedigree of the Dawson Family, Showing the American and English Branches."

For me, this work is available here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/205490?availability=Family%20History%20Library if you click on the camera at the bottom right to view the digital microfilm images (you may need to create a free FamilySearch account). The work starts on image 343, with Appendix on image 382.

Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<8cf3a383-d1ca-4814-b091-f0c3540df56an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4086&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4086

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 04:03:34 -0800 (PST)
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 12:03 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 3:07:17 PM UTC-5, Elizabeth A wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:53:08 PM UTC-5, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > > Other members of the Dawson of Ferriby, Yorks., family are also buried here:
> > >
> > > 10. In the vault beneath rest the mortal remains of George Dawson of Yorkshire; he married Elmira the only surviving child of John Reeves of Arborfield, by his wife Dorothy, the daughter of Charles Gore, of Hockstow, in the county of Lincoln. He died 30th April 1832 in the 69th year of his age.. His son inscribes this tablet to the memory of an affectionate father.
> > >
> > > This would be a first cousin of the George Dawson buried in Philadelphia.
> > >
> > > http://www.townsley.info/Strangeway/GedSite/up/i-p.htm?p=55552&g=3
> > Apparently the source to see is Peter Hampson Ditchfield, _The History of the Dawson Family: Of Farlington and North Ferriby, York; Of Ackworth Park and Osgodby Hall, in the County of York. And of Philadelphia, United States of America_ (London, 1910), specifically "Appendix II: Pedigree of the Dawson Family, Showing the American and English Branches."
> For me, this work is available here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/205490?availability=Family%20History%20Library if you click on the camera at the bottom right to view the digital microfilm images (you may need to create a free FamilySearch account). The work starts on image 343, with Appendix on image 382.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<713b5e29-bdbb-4a44-80ab-2c0237fa9fc6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4087&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4087

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:06:27 -0800 (PST)
From: pj.evan...@gmail.com (pj.ev...@gmail.com)
 by: pj.ev...@gmail.com - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:06 UTC

On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 4:03:36 AM UTC-8, JBrand wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 3:07:17 PM UTC-5, Elizabeth A wrote:

> > > Apparently the source to see is Peter Hampson Ditchfield, _The History of the Dawson Family: Of Farlington and North Ferriby, York; Of Ackworth Park and Osgodby Hall, in the County of York. And of Philadelphia, United States of America_ (London, 1910), specifically "Appendix II: Pedigree of the Dawson Family, Showing the American and English Branches."
> > For me, this work is available here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/205490?availability=Family%20History%20Library if you click on the camera at the bottom right to view the digital microfilm images (you may need to create a free FamilySearch account). The work starts on image 343, with Appendix on image 382.
> Thanks. It seems to match well with the info above.
>
> Does anyone else think the FHL website has degenerated into a junky, non-intuitive mess? (Especially trying to search the IGI in the last few years, the most random crap comes up for any given search.)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Roper Dawson of New York and his descendants

<ad025a93-192f-46b5-9a6f-ab23cf932fd1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4088&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4088

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 11:23:56 -0800 (PST)
References: <74aea7b2-4c2c-4140-863f-1a43467e4f79n@googlegroups.com> <c344381d-489b-4142-875b-879387febfe4n@googlegroups.com> <c10f31f3-07e4-4c37-95be-12665e47c1d5n@googlegroups.com> <bb4952b0-6520-41e2-ac0a-4ea70b600843n@googlegroups.com> <84933f11-02cc-4ae0-8b22-7e3a7f6e7cb8n@googlegroups.com> <b533e2c3-2fb4-4104-8dd3-b60f426dbd17n@googlegroups.com> <3cd516d3-de2f-4c42-90a0-311c17820131n@googlegroups.com> <0fadd7f5-a29c-45a4-8e49-647a633480ecn@googlegroups.com> <69ecbbcc-0988-4235-a7c6-f26a76630037n@googlegroups.com> <8cf3a383-d1ca-4814-b091-f0c3540df56an@googlegroups.com> <713b5e29-bdbb-4a44-80ab-2c0237fa9fc6n@googlegroups.com>
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 19:23 UTC