Sanity and insanity overlap a fine grey line.

interests / rec.motorcycles.harley / Re: Kinda like chicken

SubjectAuthor
* Kinda like chickensticks
`* Re: Kinda like chickenSnag
 +* Re: Kinda like chickenBob La Londe
 |`* Re: Kinda like chickensticks
 | `* Re: Kinda like chickenBob La Londe
 |  `- Re: Kinda like chickenBob La Londe
 `* Re: Kinda like chickensticks
  `* Re: Kinda like chickenSnag
   `* Re: Kinda like chickensticks
    `- Re: Kinda like chickenSnag

1
Kinda like chicken

<u87cf6$11s4i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=403&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#403

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Kinda like chicken
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:41:57 -0500
 by: sticks - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 21:41 UTC

If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer. When's the bar open?

Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from anything
big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack of anything
else to do. It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is kinda like
chicken. I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but when she
does, I always enjoy it. Cleaning the ride up is kinda like that. I
never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not all that bad.

Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax. It looks like it
should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look just
like they did before the cleaning. Still, glad I finally got it done.

When this place opens up I'll get a round.

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u881b7$17bvi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=404&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#404

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: Kinda like chicken
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 22:38:19 -0500
 by: Snag - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 03:38 UTC

On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:
> If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer.  When's the bar open?
>
> Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from anything
> big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack of anything
> else to do.  It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is kinda like
> chicken.  I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but when she
> does, I always enjoy it.  Cleaning the ride up is kinda like that.  I
> never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not all that bad.
>
> Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax.  It looks like it
> should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look just
> like they did before the cleaning.  Still, glad I finally got it done.
>
> When this place opens up I'll get a round.

This place never closes ... make mine a Trickle O Dickel . Around here
there's never a lack of something to do . Today I started the teardown
of the '99 4Runner (5VZ 3.4 liter 24 valve V6) , got a head gasket
seeping coolant into one of the cylinders . Still runs great , but it
steams for a few minutes on cold startup . Stops seeping at operating
temps ... I guess at 347.000 miles I should expect stuff to wear out .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u89gg9$1csh3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=405&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#405

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 10:03:03 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:03 UTC

On 7/6/2023 8:38 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:
>> If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer.  When's the bar open?
>>
>> Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from
>> anything big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack
>> of anything else to do.  It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is
>> kinda like chicken.  I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but
>> when she does, I always enjoy it.  Cleaning the ride up is kinda like
>> that.  I never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not
>> all that bad.
>>
>> Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax.  It looks like
>> it should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look
>> just like they did before the cleaning.  Still, glad I finally got it
>> done.
>>
>> When this place opens up I'll get a round.
>
> This place never closes ... make mine a Trickle O Dickel . Around here
> there's never a lack of something to do . Today I started the teardown
> of the '99 4Runner (5VZ 3.4 liter 24 valve V6) , got a head gasket
> seeping coolant into one of the cylinders . Still runs great , but it
> steams for a few minutes on cold startup . Stops seeping at operating
> temps ... I guess at 347.000 miles I should expect stuff to wear out .

Same here. Never a lack of work and chores. I differentiate because I
get paid to do work. I'll stop back by this evening to see if the offer
is still open, but I never power up a tool if I've had even one drink.

Chores... I still need to service the water treatment system... clean
the salt tank, replace the charcoal filter, and replace the beads in the
tanks... Of course this does not come as a substitute for less manly
chores like hosing the dust off the back porch, emptying the cat box,
and finishing the laundry...

Then I'll be in the shop all afternoon where I may get some work done,
but there chores plague me as well. All of the CNC mills need a next
level chip removal. The secondary filter tray on one plugged up the
other day and dumped a gallon or two of coolant out on the floor..
Probably time to run a screen scoop (shop made through all the coolant
tanks as well to see about removing fines that got through the other
screens.

I planned to run a couple injection molds today, but I just realized
after finish the CAD/CAM I went ahead and stayed late to run those jobs
on Tuesday. (I took yesterday off and took a friend to the shooting
range.) I guess I need to finish the second ops, pack, and ship.

I need to run a couple batches of blanks for a stock design casting
mold, because I have a couple orders stacked up on the jobs board for
that one. I also have a couple spec molds I need to list on eBay or
That other crafts sales site I can never remember the name of... oh,
yeah! Etsy. Probably eBay since I never made a sale on Etsy.

Then if there is a minute in between I probably need to mix up some more
coolant to top off the coolant tanks, and sweep up a literal barrel of
chips around the knee mill in the back shop.

If it isn't past ya-all's bedtime when I wrap up for the day I'll pop
back in and share a drink with youse.

Just in case, Hey Shirley. Here's my card if it ain't maxed out from my
last order of new endmills and drills see if it will cover a round for
these guys. JUST ONE. I'll be back later to pick up my card. I'll
take those eggs and hash browns to go.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8a7sn$1fjql$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=406&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#406

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:42:15 -0500
 by: sticks - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 23:42 UTC

On 7/6/2023 10:38 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:
>> If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer.  When's the bar open?
>>
>> Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from
>> anything big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack
>> of anything else to do.  It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is
>> kinda like chicken.  I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but
>> when she does, I always enjoy it.  Cleaning the ride up is kinda like
>> that.  I never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not
>> all that bad.
>>
>> Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax.  It looks like
>> it should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look
>> just like they did before the cleaning.  Still, glad I finally got it
>> done.
>>
>> When this place opens up I'll get a round.
>
> This place never closes ... make mine a Trickle O Dickel .

I think I'll have one with you. Wife had me grill chicken tonight and I
need a little more than beer.

> Around here
> there's never a lack of something to do . Today I started the teardown
> of the '99 4Runner (5VZ 3.4 liter 24 valve V6) , got a head gasket
> seeping coolant into one of the cylinders . Still runs great , but it
> steams for a few minutes on cold startup . Stops seeping at operating
> temps ... I guess at 347.000 miles I should expect stuff to wear out .

I guess I shouldn't have said "lack of anything else to do", cause what
I really meant was I didn't feel like doing any of the other things I
should have been doing. I've been getting that more often lately.

That's cool. I usually run my stuff till they're almost dead, so I can
sure appreciate you keeping the 4Runner going for that many miles. Good
for you!

Have another!

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8a9mh$1fsg4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=407&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#407

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 19:13:05 -0500
 by: sticks - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 00:13 UTC

On 7/7/2023 12:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/6/2023 8:38 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:
>>> If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer.  When's the bar open?
>>>
>>> Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from
>>> anything big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack
>>> of anything else to do.  It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is
>>> kinda like chicken.  I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but
>>> when she does, I always enjoy it.  Cleaning the ride up is kinda like
>>> that.  I never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not
>>> all that bad.
>>>
>>> Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax.  It looks like
>>> it should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look
>>> just like they did before the cleaning.  Still, glad I finally got it
>>> done.
>>>
>>> When this place opens up I'll get a round.
>>
>> This place never closes ... make mine a Trickle O Dickel . Around here
>> there's never a lack of something to do . Today I started the teardown
>> of the '99 4Runner (5VZ 3.4 liter 24 valve V6) , got a head gasket
>> seeping coolant into one of the cylinders . Still runs great , but it
>> steams for a few minutes on cold startup . Stops seeping at operating
>> temps ... I guess at 347.000 miles I should expect stuff to wear out .
>

> Same here.  Never a lack of work and chores.  I differentiate because I
> get paid to do work.  I'll stop back by this evening to see if the offer
> is still open, but I never power up a tool if I've had even one drink.

I know what you mean. In my case it's because it seems like once I have
one, I'm done working. It's instantly over. Wasn't like that when I
was a young man, but it sure is now. Get the work done and then we can
talk about having a drink.

> Chores...  I still need to service the water treatment system... clean
> the salt tank, replace the charcoal filter, and replace the beads in the
> tanks...  Of course this does not come as a substitute for less manly
> chores like hosing the dust off the back porch, emptying the cat box,
> and finishing the laundry...

Fortunately, I learnt early on if I attempted those less manly chores
and I just didn't do as good a job as the warden, err I mean the wife,
she would eventually not allow me to do them. Hence, I never shop, do
laundry, clean anything inside the house, cook anything except grilling
(I don't let her do that), etc. Basically, everything inside the garage
door is hers, and everything on this side (where I'm at now), is mine.
She's good with it, and I'll be damned if'n you're gonna hear me
complain about it.

> Then I'll be in the shop all afternoon where I may get some work done,
> but there chores plague me as well.  All of the CNC mills need a next
> level chip removal.  The secondary filter tray on one plugged up the
> other day and dumped a gallon or two of coolant out on the floor..
> Probably time to run a screen scoop (shop made through all the coolant
> tanks as well to see about removing fines that got through the other
> screens.

The son just got a Doosan DNM-5700 about a month ago, and he left his
shop to grab something for lunch and had the coolant running onto the
floor too when he got back. Gotta get that figured out.

<https://www.ellisontechnologies.com/doosan/dnm-series/dnm-5700>

> I planned to run a couple injection molds today,  but I just realized
> after finish the CAD/CAM I went ahead and stayed late to run those jobs
> on Tuesday.  (I took yesterday off and took a friend to the shooting
> range.)  I guess I need to finish the second ops, pack, and ship.

Funny you mention shooting range. Was out at my buddies place, we call
it Range 57, cause it's 57 acres of untouched land over the border in
Wisconsin we use for hunting and target shooting. We were 100 yards
south of the road and hear some small arms fire in the distance, when we
hear a bullet whiz right by us and hit the grass within a few feet of
us. Immediately start shouting for whoever the hell is doing that to
stop as they almost killed us. Put a call into the sheriff and they
actually found the guy who did it. Older guy who at first was an
asshole to the cop. He cam back to us and asked us what we wanted to
do, and we agreed if he could give a him a good ass chewing and teach
him a little of how ridiculous what he did was, we'd be happy instead of
having him arrested and making a big enemy of a neighbor. Cop went back
and the guys tune had changed and he was apologetic for what he had
done. Hopefully he learned his lesson and we don't have to worry about
stray bullets crossing the road and getting us. First time I've heard
that noise you hear so many vets talk about. Feeling lucky to have
heard it. I guess it's the ones you don't hear that get you.

> I need to run a couple batches of blanks for a stock design casting
> mold, because I have a couple orders stacked up on the jobs board for
> that one.  I also have a couple spec molds I need to list on eBay or
> That other crafts sales site I can never remember the name of... oh,
> yeah!  Etsy.  Probably eBay since I never made a sale on Etsy.

The kid sells some stuff on EBay. Never used Etsy.

> Then if there is a minute in between I probably need to mix up some more
> coolant to top off the coolant tanks, and sweep up a literal barrel of
> chips around the knee mill in the back shop.
>
> If it isn't past ya-all's bedtime when I wrap up for the day I'll pop
> back in and share a drink with youse.
>
> Just in case, Hey Shirley.  Here's my card if it ain't maxed out from my
> last order of new endmills and drills see if it will cover a round for
> these guys.  JUST ONE.  I'll be back later to pick up my card.  I'll
> take those eggs and hash browns to go.

Hope you liked the breakfast, and if you still have enough energy after
all those chores, enjoy something cold. I'll be back in about 30
minutes. The turkeys made their way back are ready to get up in the oak
trees for the night and for some stupid reason I think they're my
responsibility and like to make sure they all make it.

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8ag4l$1k86c$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=408&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#408

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 21:03:02 -0500
 by: Snag - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 02:03 UTC

On 7/7/2023 6:42 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 7/6/2023 10:38 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:
>>> If'n I'm having chicken, I like beer.  When's the bar open?
>>>
>>> Anyway, having done another 300 miles on the 4th far away from
>>> anything big going on, I decided to clean the bike up today for lack
>>> of anything else to do.  It occurred to me that cleaning the bike is
>>> kinda like chicken.  I never order it or ask the wife to make it, but
>>> when she does, I always enjoy it.  Cleaning the ride up is kinda like
>>> that.  I never really want to do it, but once I get started, it's not
>>> all that bad.
>>>
>>> Today I even got to the wheels and the bottle of wax.  It looks like
>>> it should be faster now, but I know after 100 miles they kinda look
>>> just like they did before the cleaning.  Still, glad I finally got it
>>> done.
>>>
>>> When this place opens up I'll get a round.
>>
>> This place never closes ... make mine a Trickle O Dickel .
>
> I think I'll have one with you.  Wife had me grill chicken tonight and I
> need a little more than beer.
>
>> Around here there's never a lack of something to do . Today I started
>> the teardown of the '99 4Runner (5VZ 3.4 liter 24 valve V6) , got a
>> head gasket seeping coolant into one of the cylinders . Still runs
>> great , but it steams for a few minutes on cold startup . Stops
>> seeping at operating temps ... I guess at 347.000 miles I should
>> expect stuff to wear out .
>
> I guess I shouldn't have said "lack of anything else to do", cause what
> I really meant was I didn't feel like doing any of the other things I
> should have been doing.  I've been getting that more often lately.
>
> That's cool.  I usually run my stuff till they're almost dead, so I can
> sure appreciate you keeping the 4Runner going for that many miles.  Good
> for you!
>
> Have another!

I discovered earlier this evening that I have another screw loose ...
so tonight it's screwdrivers for me . Weather permitting I'll have the
heads off tomorrow . I was lax , didn't think to order a precision
straightedge thinking I could check the heads for warpage on the mill
table . I may forgo the warp check and send 'em straight to the machine
shop for a cleanup cut if there's obvious damage .

I did get in a nice ride to town on the Ultra today . I needed milk
for our morning coffee . I get a little milk in my coffee , Max (75
pound Mountain Cur) gets a little coffee in his milk .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .
We protect them because they're important .

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8c06q$1php1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=409&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#409

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 08:43:20 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:43 UTC

On 7/7/2023 5:13 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 7/7/2023 12:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 7/6/2023 8:38 PM, Snag wrote:
>>> On 7/6/2023 4:41 PM, sticks wrote:

> The son just got a Doosan DNM-5700 about a month ago, and he left his
> shop to grab something for lunch and had the coolant running onto the
> floor too when he got back.  Gotta get that figured out.
>
> <https://www.ellisontechnologies.com/doosan/dnm-series/dnm-5700>

Nice machine. I doubt I could even power it in my shop. Well, not and
also run the air conditioner in the office. LOL. I'm running 3
Speedmasters and a Tormach for my main work machines. In a machining
group I'd catch it right about now for trying to do real work on toys.
LOL. I've got a Hurco Retro fit in the back, but it needs more
retrofitting again. Massive lead screw failure on X, and I just haven't
had time to tear it down to see if its the ball nut or the bearings.

> Funny you mention shooting range.  Was out at my buddies place, we call
> it Range 57, cause it's 57 acres of untouched land over the border in
> Wisconsin we use for hunting and target shooting.  We were 100 yards
> south of the road and hear some small arms fire in the distance, when we
> hear a bullet whiz right by us and hit the grass within a few feet of
> us.  Immediately start shouting for whoever the hell is doing that to
> stop as they almost killed us.  Put a call into the sheriff and they
> actually found the guy who did it.  Older guy who at first was an
> asshole to the cop.  He cam back to us and asked us what we wanted to
> do, and we agreed if he could give a him a good ass chewing and teach
> him a little of how ridiculous what he did was, we'd be happy instead of
> having him arrested and making a big enemy of a neighbor.  Cop went back
> and the guys tune had changed and he was apologetic for what he had
> done.  Hopefully he learned his lesson and we don't have to worry about
> stray bullets crossing the road and getting us.  First time I've heard
> that noise you hear so many vets talk about.  Feeling lucky to have
> heard it.  I guess it's the ones you don't hear that get you.

Not a vet, but unfortunately I have heard the sound of a bullet going
through the air nearby. Last time was from so far away (or over a hill)
I never heard the shot. Its an eery hissing sound. All I heard was
that whistling hiss.

> Hope you liked the breakfast, and if you still have enough energy after
> all those chores, enjoy something cold.  I'll be back in about 30
> minutes.  The turkeys made their way back are ready to get up in the oak
> trees for the night and for some stupid reason I think they're my
> responsibility and like to make sure they all make it.

So... I quit early (sorta) yesterday. I got those molds second oped
(deburred, pins etc) and shipped. I was feeling a bit warm and glanced
up a the thermostat in my office. 93F IN MY FREAKING OFFICE. I walked
out back and flipped the breaker to hear the contacter click off and on
inside the condensing unit. I'm hoping its a bad cap or something else
I can fix. It was way to freaking hot outside to look at it any
further. When I went back in the office to shut everything down I had a
fan failure warning on screen for my main CAD/CAM computer. I guess I
need to fix that too. LOL.

Probably should have headed outside an hour ago to look at the AC in my
hop office this morning, but I just don't want to. Normally I catch up
some jobs on the weekend, and work on problem jobs that didn't work out
right the first time. I don't think I'll be doing that today.

Shirley, did these guys max out my card?

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
real machinist

www.avg.com

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8ccf5$1qust$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=410&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#410

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 14:12:37 -0500
 by: sticks - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:12 UTC

On 7/7/2023 9:03 PM, Snag wrote:

>   I discovered earlier this evening that I have another screw loose ...
> so tonight it's screwdrivers for me . Weather permitting I'll have the
> heads off tomorrow . I was lax , didn't think to order a precision
> straightedge thinking I could check the heads for warpage on the mill
> table . I may forgo the warp check and send 'em straight to the machine
> shop for a cleanup cut if there's obvious damage .

Yeah, that's a tough one. I would prefer knowing how bad it is, and
where, before sending it for the job. Though I have several "good"
straightedges, I don't think I have one good enough to check for
anything other than obvious gaps. Hopefully, you got a good
relationship with the shop you use.

>   I did get in a nice ride to town on the Ultra today . I needed milk
> for our morning coffee . I get a little milk in my coffee , Max (75
> pound Mountain Cur) gets a little coffee in his milk .

Looked up the Mountain Cur. That's a great looking breed. Appealing in
all categories. I especially like they are rated as Reserved in the
openness to stranger category, yet Vigilant in the watchdog/Protective
Nature category.

"A breed's tendency to alert you that strangers are around. These breeds
are more likely to react to any potential threat, whether it's the
mailman or a squirrel outside the window. These breeds are likely to
warm to strangers who enter the house and are accepted by their family."

They're just damn loyal and very smart!

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8ce17$1r45o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=411&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#411

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 14:39:20 -0500
 by: Snag - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:39 UTC

On 7/8/2023 2:12 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 7/7/2023 9:03 PM, Snag wrote:
>
>>    I discovered earlier this evening that I have another screw loose
>> ... so tonight it's screwdrivers for me . Weather permitting I'll have
>> the heads off tomorrow . I was lax , didn't think to order a precision
>> straightedge thinking I could check the heads for warpage on the mill
>> table . I may forgo the warp check and send 'em straight to the
>> machine shop for a cleanup cut if there's obvious damage .
>
> Yeah, that's a tough one.  I would prefer knowing how bad it is, and
> where, before sending it for the job.  Though I have several "good"
> straightedges, I don't think I have one good enough to check for
> anything other than obvious gaps.  Hopefully, you got a good
> relationship with the shop you use.
>
>>    I did get in a nice ride to town on the Ultra today . I needed milk
>> for our morning coffee . I get a little milk in my coffee , Max (75
>> pound Mountain Cur) gets a little coffee in his milk .
>
> Looked up the Mountain Cur.  That's a great looking breed.  Appealing in
> all categories.  I especially like they are rated as Reserved in the
> openness to stranger category, yet Vigilant in the watchdog/Protective
> Nature category.
>
> "A breed's tendency to alert you that strangers are around. These breeds
> are more likely to react to any potential threat, whether it's the
> mailman or a squirrel outside the window. These breeds are likely to
> warm to strangers who enter the house and are accepted by their family."
>
> They're just damn loyal and very smart!

That's our Max . Occasionally he just will not accept someone , and
it almost always turns out he's made a good judgement call . The one
problem with the breed is their stubbornness , they are very headstrong
and will walk all over you if you let them . Like right now , he's
sitting at my side bumping my elbow because he thinks it's time for his
afternoon walk . Guess I better take him before the rain starts .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .
We protect them because they're important .

Re: Kinda like chicken

<u8cng5$1s3hl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=412&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#412

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:20:53 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:20 UTC

On 7/8/2023 8:43 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> [...]
> (deburred, pins etc) and shipped.  I was feeling a bit warm and glanced
> up a the thermostat in my office.  93F IN MY FREAKING OFFICE. I walked
> out back and flipped the breaker to hear the contacter click off and on
> inside the condensing unit.  I'm hoping its a bad cap or something else
> I can fix.  It was way to freaking hot outside to look at it any
> further.  When I went back in the office to shut everything down I had a
> fan failure warning on screen for my main CAD/CAM computer.  I guess I
> need to fix that too.  LOL.
>
> Probably should have headed outside an hour ago to look at the AC in my
> hop office this morning, but I just don't want to.  Normally I catch up
> some jobs on the weekend, and work on problem jobs that didn't work out
> right the first time.  I don't think I'll be doing that today.
>
> Shirley, did these guys max out my card?

I found a blown control fuse in the air handler (not sure why) and a bad
compressor side dual run cap in the condenser. Now I'm sitting in my
office as the temperature drops try to get motivated to do... anything.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com