Familiarity breeds contempt -- and children. -- Mark Twain

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

SubjectAuthor
* LeeValley Veritas Speed clampsknuttle
+- Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampsJ. Clarke
+* Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampshubops
|`* Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampsknuttle
| `- Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampshubops
`* Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampsLeon
 `- Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clampsDerbyDad03

1
LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<sg2n3f$1u6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4099&group=rec.woodworking#4099

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400
 by: knuttle - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:01 UTC

I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.

In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
a unique way of storing them.

I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<tvn9igto9t396fl0os2g5q8f8vktoavt66@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4102&group=rec.woodworking#4102

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:07:13 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:07 UTC

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400, knuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
>additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
>
>In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
>a unique way of storing them.
>
>I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
>when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
>

>https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp

Do you have a basement? If so nail a couple of boards to the
underside of the joists or to the ceiling if finished, and clamp the
clamp to them (note to those who wonder why the boards--look at the
clamp, it would need four corners).

If you have multiples then make something layered like an upside-down
pyramid--just don't grow it down far enough for the rods to become a
hazard.

Alternatively, make a box for them.

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<mvp9iglnv98s7umpkvmlmoc6rfbvmfki21@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4103&group=rec.woodworking#4103

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:41:01 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:41 UTC

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400, knuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
>additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
>
>In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
>a unique way of storing them.
>
>I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
>when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
>
>https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp

I've seen cheapo fishing rod tubes at the "surplus store" -

similar to this item :

https://www.kwsurplus.ca/shop/index.php?rt=product/product&keyword=tube&category_id=0&product_id=126

John T.

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<sg2r2l$ki$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4104&group=rec.woodworking#4104

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:09:38 -0400
 by: knuttle - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:09 UTC

On 8/24/2021 8:41 AM, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400, knuttle
> <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
>> additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
>>
>> In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
>> a unique way of storing them.
>>
>> I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
>> when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
>>
>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp
>

> I've seen cheapo fishing rod tubes at the "surplus store" -
>
> similar to this item :
>
> https://www.kwsurplus.ca/shop/index.php?rt=product/product&keyword=tube&category_id=0&product_id=126
>
> John T.

For those unfamiliar with this type of clamp. They consist of 4 corner
blocks with a hole on one leg and a threaded hole on the other. There
are 4 rod that connect the corner blocks. Assember there is a thumb
screw the tightens the clams around the piece. In addition there are 4
rod bolts, and 4 additional rods to expand the clamp to 6'. To
supplement this I have cut a couple of rods in 9" section to give me
more versatility in sizing the clamp.

Each "simple" clamp consist of near 30 pieces. I have atleast 4 sets
of clamps. Storage consist of long rods short rods and small pieces.
Some parts can be stored assembled but still there are parts

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<b1t9igd44tkppqdhsttgglmknlsskvuf7v@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4105&group=rec.woodworking#4105

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:31:16 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:31 UTC

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:09:38 -0400, knuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 8/24/2021 8:41 AM, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400, knuttle
>> <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>> I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
>>> additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
>>>
>>> In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
>>> a unique way of storing them.
>>>
>>> I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
>>> when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
>>>
>>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp
>>

>> I've seen cheapo fishing rod tubes at the "surplus store" -
>>
>> similar to this item :
>>
>> https://www.kwsurplus.ca/shop/index.php?rt=product/product&keyword=tube&category_id=0&product_id=126
>>
>> John T.
>>
>For those unfamiliar with this type of clamp. They consist of 4 corner
>blocks with a hole on one leg and a threaded hole on the other. There
>are 4 rod that connect the corner blocks. Assember there is a thumb
>screw the tightens the clams around the piece. In addition there are 4
>rod bolts, and 4 additional rods to expand the clamp to 6'. To
>supplement this I have cut a couple of rods in 9" section to give me
>more versatility in sizing the clamp.
>
>Each "simple" clamp consist of near 30 pieces. I have atleast 4 sets
>of clamps. Storage consist of long rods short rods and small pieces.
>Some parts can be stored assembled but still there are parts

Modify an old electric guitar case with hard-foam cut-outs ? :

https://tinyurl.com/cycfha8p

John T.

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<26ydnT7wSoMtZLn8nZ2dnUU7-KudnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4106&group=rec.woodworking#4106

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:52:48 -0500
 by: Leon - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:52 UTC

On 8/24/2021 7:01 AM, knuttle wrote:

> I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
> additional rods.  they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
>
> In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
> a unique way of storing them.
>
> I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
> when stored.  I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
>

> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp

Assuming you are NOT disassembling after each use, what about a 1x4
mounted to the wall and then a couple of lag screws coming out from the
1x4 to hang the sets of clamps on. Stack several on each set of screws.

Re: LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

<0a4be735-2fb3-4e45-9e55-d40a46901b36n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4113&group=rec.woodworking#4113

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 07:49:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 14:49 UTC

On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 9:52:56 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 8/24/2021 7:01 AM, knuttle wrote:
> >
> > I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
> > additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.
> >
> > In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
> > a unique way of storing them.
> >
> > I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
> > when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.
> >

> > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp
> >
> Assuming you are NOT disassembling after each use, what about a 1x4
> mounted to the wall and then a couple of lag screws coming out from the
> 1x4 to hang the sets of clamps on. Stack several on each set of screws.

....with a box hanging off the bottom (or top) for the small parts. Keep the box below
eye level for ease of use.