From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.china
Subject: very cold region
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 21:51:24 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 18:51 UTC

That is what I wrote before <https://tinyurl.com/yzhgkxj8>

| Their dishes are very hard in our opinion!

Chinese dishes like toads or chicken paws are hard in Russian opinion ;)

| This first dish is caviar. For our country, caviar is a relatively
| rare ingredient, and the price is very expensive. A spoonful of it
| costs tens of thousands of dollars, and only local tyrants can afford
| it. High-quality ingredients, but caviar is just an ordinary dish in
| the eyes of Russians ..

In 'central' Russia, caviar is pretty expensive, - red caviar is not so
expensive, but black caviar is expensive. For regular people, it's more
appropriate for an event dinner rather than as a regular food. However,
in some 'fishing' regions - Kamchatka, for example - caviar is 2-3 times
cheaper than in other regions.

| The second dish that goes with alcohol is raw salted fish fillets ..
| This third appetizer is herring and potatoes. It is a classic appetizer
| of theirs. I believe many people have heard the smell of canned herring,
| which is unbearable .. But the combination of herring and potatoes is
| indeed a bit weird, let alone eat it, do you dare to try it? ..

Various kinds of salted / pickled fish is a traditional food in northern
Europe <https://bit.ly/37n5ZrV> <https://bit.ly/2VCECHr>, and thus it's
not specifically Russian. Impact of salt makes fish no longer 'raw', and
a proper technique of salting eliminates the unwelcome micro- and mini-
organisms, making it safe for eating.

Few in Russia prefer to eat salted / pickled fish as such, it's usually
combined with something (and it doesn't have special links with alcohol,
as the writer trolls). Herring as an addition to [boiled] potatoes is a
popular and good combination. Maybe specifically Russian is to combine
dry-salty fish with beer <https://tinyurl.com/yese3nyf>. There're those
who love it more and those who love it less (e.g. myself), but generally
it's considered "low end" variant. What's even more truly Russian is
Herring Under Furs <https://bit.ly/3yAKmQY>, sort of salad, which became
especially popular since about the 1970s.

<https://www.ixigua.com/6910557235651281416>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrOeJtgrHqU>
<https://youtu.be/5RfIr-50AhI?t=892>

| This last kind is pickled cucumbers .. Many people have eaten pickled
| cucumbers, and they are crunchy and sour. Taste. Many people choose to
| buy pickled cucumbers because they taste good ..

Pickling cucumbers is a kind of high art, and any home master makes it
in his or her way, while the pickled cucumbers one can buy in a Russian
store usually taste shitty in comparison to home-made ones.

Many urban Russians have light summer houses and / or detached garages,
and there are cold cellars under them, and within the cellars there are
hermetically packed glasses containing the pickled cucumbers, tomatoes,
various jams / other kinds of preserves, as well as the home-made fruit
wines etc etc <https://bit.ly/3xysULf>

Re: very cold region

<TeWdnc-ieaoXA5D8nZ2dnUU7-LvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4113&group=soc.culture.china#4113

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!news.mixmin.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed7.news.xs4all.nl!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
Subject: Re: very cold region
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 15:41:45 -0500
 by: Byker - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 20:41 UTC

| <https://tinyurl.com/yzskod5m> sina.com.cn
| .. We all know that Russia is in a very cold region. In cold weather,
| they will drink to warm up their bodies ..

And they will drink, as they have for centuries, to blot out the
hopelessness and helplessness of their existence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK7l55ZOVIc

"Throughout Russia's turbulent history, vodka has been the ultimate remedy
for people to forget their troubles. Author Viktor Erofeyev, who has studied
the history of the drink, calls it 'the Russian God.' 'Other countries they
can drink. In Russia, it is not drinking. You are drinking not vodka. You
are drinking your soul.' He said Russia's history would have been very
different if it hadn't included vodka.":
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/10/10/russia.vodka.anniversary/index.html

Re: very cold region

<sek881$cr9$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4116&group=soc.culture.china#4116

Followup: uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 00:04:39 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 21:04 UTC

Byker the Shithead, <news:TeWdnc-ieaoXA5D8nZ2dnUU7-LvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

> And they will drink, as they have for centuries, to blot out the
> hopelessness and helplessness of their existence:

<https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-pindos>
<https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-europe>
America the leprosarium.

Re: very cold region

<A6-dnfLiUspiNJD8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4117&group=soc.culture.china#4117

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 16:30:38 -0500
 by: Byker - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 21:30 UTC

"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sek881$cr9$1@os.motzarella.org...

Byker the Shithead, <news:TeWdnc-ieaoXA5D8nZ2dnUU7-LvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

>> And they will drink, as they have for centuries, to blot out the
>> hopelessness and helplessness of their existence:
>
> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-pindos>
> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-europe>
> America the leprosarium.

Face it, Americans have an easier time handling REALITY than Russkies...

Re: very cold region

<sekac3$1ge$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4118&group=soc.culture.china#4118

Followup: uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,us.military.army,alt.drugs
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 00:41:49 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 21:41 UTC

Byker the Shithead, <news:A6-dnfLiUspiNJD8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@earthlink.com>
> "Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sek881$cr9$1@os.motzarella.org...

>> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-pindos>
>> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-europe>
>> America the leprosarium.
>
> Face it, Americans have an easier time handling REALITY than Russkies...

The American "deaths of despair" <https://tinyurl.com/y5mdvwak>
have climbed up to the 100 years back level, which means many in
the filthy nation no longer want to live.