No spitting on the Bus! Thank you, The Mgt.

interests / soc.culture.china / US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

SubjectAuthor
* US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan inRusty Wyse
`* Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to sA. Filip
 +* Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to sByker

1
US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<d4809097-f229-4947-881d-2a001890dfa9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4127&group=soc.culture.china#4127

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 08:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 15:36 UTC

US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-b-52-bombers-gunships-122236778.html

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<anfi+6621cet0ff-l876@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4128&group=soc.culture.china#4128

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 16:01:57 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:OP5ClJHLoNZiUr8a4VovP1lNe2E=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 16:01 UTC

Rusty Wyse <yale.mar@gmail.com> wrote:
> US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in
> attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I
> called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-b-52-bombers-gunships-122236778.html

It is learning from Putin's way in Syria IMHO.
Supporting US-Afghans with minimal (or no) presence of land forces.

Or if you prefer more short term political cynicism:
US-Afghan government failing *quickly* after US forces withdrawal would
look pretty bad and embarrassing for US. AFAIR Soviet-Afghans lasted
3 years after soviet withdrawal. Can US afford to be (much) worse? ;-)

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open.
| (Scottish proverb.)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<pvednW1A8t-lIJP8nZ2dnUU7-a3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4133&group=soc.culture.china#4133

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.afghanistan,sci.military.naval,alt.military
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 12:04:55 -0500
 by: Byker - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:04 UTC

"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+6621cet0ff-l876@wp.eu...

Rusty Wyse <yale.mar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt
>> to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using
>> a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!
>>
>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-b-52-bombers-gunships-122236778.html
>
> It is learning from Putin's way in Syria IMHO.
> Supporting US-Afghans with minimal (or no) presence of land forces.

I'm surprised we're not doing that in the Ukraine. Send them
Stinger and Javelin missiles, but leave out boots-on-the-ground...

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<anfi+0crkqgn7mf-l876@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4134&group=soc.culture.china#4134

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 17:40:31 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:ocMLk8jk8cY1zeNoP31DysYKz6I=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:40 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| God doesn't play dice. (Albert Einstein)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<a836a7e9-b613-436f-a98d-92289fa945een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4135&group=soc.culture.china#4135

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 10:48:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:48 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:05:03 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:
> "A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+6621c...@wp.eu...
> Rusty Wyse <yale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt
> >> to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using
> >> a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!
> >>
> >> https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-b-52-bombers-gunships-122236778.html
> >
> > It is learning from Putin's way in Syria IMHO.
> > Supporting US-Afghans with minimal (or no) presence of land forces.
> I'm surprised we're not doing that in the Ukraine. Send them
> Stinger and Javelin missiles, but leave out boots-on-the-ground...

Excellent approach. BTW, in response to the other guy, the Taliban are not exactly "mosquitos" since if not stopped they will impose their horrible ways on a whole country.

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<anfi+rbyjefrwif-l876@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4136&group=soc.culture.china#4136

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 18:03:48 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:t8p7oXqfIdmU5LWxVUqk7gZPheY=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:03 UTC

bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:05:03 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:

>> > It is learning from Putin's way in Syria IMHO.
>> > Supporting US-Afghans with minimal (or no) presence of land forces.
>> > […]
>> I'm surprised we're not doing that in the Ukraine. Send them
>> Stinger and Javelin missiles, but leave out boots-on-the-ground...
>
> Excellent approach. BTW, in response to the other guy, the Taliban are
> not exactly "mosquitos" since if not stopped they will impose their
> horrible ways on a whole country.

Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?

How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]
Do you expect the world to intervene?

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| "The Lord gave us farmers two strong hands so we could grab as much
| as we could with both of them." (Joseph Heller, "Catch-22")

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<5ed4e7ee-9524-4aa8-a0b8-8bb183f0bdf6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4137&group=soc.culture.china#4137

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 11:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:24 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:04:37 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:05:03 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:

> >> I'm surprised we're not doing that in the Ukraine. Send them
> >> Stinger and Javelin missiles, but leave out boots-on-the-ground...
> >
> > Excellent approach. BTW, in response to the other guy, the Taliban are
> > not exactly "mosquitos" since if not stopped they will impose their
> > horrible ways on a whole country.
> Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
> Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
> Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?

The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.

> How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
> ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]

No comparison.

> Do you expect the world to intervene?

Especially after our long involvement, it makes sense to stay with the Afghanis. Especially if we can do it without boots on the ground.

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<anfi+gb7h6dwobf-l876@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4138&group=soc.culture.china#4138

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 18:42:01 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:8H1JPmNm9BOYbHdGhbdCPIq9Fk8=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:42 UTC

bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:04:37 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
>> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

>> > Excellent approach. BTW, in response to the other guy, the Taliban are
>> > not exactly "mosquitos" since if not stopped they will impose their
>> > horrible ways on a whole country.
>> Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
>> Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
>> Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?
>
> The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.
>
>> How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
>> ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]
>
> No comparison.

Does EVERY US citizen agree? I "doubt".
I am sure that more than a few percent minority considers it horrible+.
Do you deny them such "dislike" freedom? [ I do not support (fully)
the verdicts but treat them as internal US matter ]

>> Do you expect the world to intervene?
>
> Especially after our long involvement, it makes sense to stay with the
> Afghanis. Especially if we can do it without boots on the ground.

It makes perfect sense in short term (year or two) IMHO. In longer term
Taliban "quite likely" will acquire anti-aircraft weapons sufficient to
generate slow but steady stream of casualties. Search & Rescue
operations "may" turn ugly. DO NOT expect air support to be cost
effective forever for US (politically and militarily).

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| All is well that ends well. (John Heywood)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<0fe09b9f-065e-4940-9666-a0637c91adb7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4143&group=soc.culture.china#4143

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 16:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 23:47 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:04:37 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:05:03 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:

> >> I'm surprised we're not doing that in the Ukraine. Send them
> >> Stinger and Javelin missiles, but leave out boots-on-the-ground...
> >
> > Excellent approach. BTW, in response to the other guy, the Taliban are
> > not exactly "mosquitos" since if not stopped they will impose their
> > horrible ways on a whole country.
> Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
> Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
> Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?
>
> How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
> ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]
> Do you expect the world to intervene?

Excellent comparison!!!

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | "The Lord gave us farmers two strong hands so we could grab as much
> | as we could with both of them." (Joseph Heller, "Catch-22")

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<969f2f81-e25a-43e7-a7b5-064046a0a3ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4144&group=soc.culture.china#4144

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 00:01 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:42:49 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

> >> Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
> >> Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
> >> Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?
> >
> > The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.
> >
> >> How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
> >> ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]
> >
> > No comparison.
> Does EVERY US citizen agree? I "doubt".

"Separate, but equal" was fought up to the Supreme Court of the U.S. many many times, 9 old men said "yes, it's constitutional" until 1954. Earl Warren, as Chief of the Supreme Court, declared "Separation is inherently unequal"!!!! Even after that, the Southern states still refused to allow Black students to attend White schools...

> I am sure that more than a few percent minority considers it horrible+.
> Do you deny them such "dislike" freedom? [ I do not support (fully)
> the verdicts but treat them as internal US matter ]
> >> Do you expect the world to intervene?
> >
> > Especially after our long involvement, it makes sense to stay with the
> > Afghanis. Especially if we can do it without boots on the ground.
> It makes perfect sense in short term (year or two) IMHO. In longer term
> Taliban "quite likely" will acquire anti-aircraft weapons sufficient to
> generate slow but steady stream of casualties. Search & Rescue
> operations "may" turn ugly. DO NOT expect air support to be cost
> effective forever for US (politically and militarily).
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | All is well that ends well. (John Heywood)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<f29db639-7808-410e-bcf2-c6f69d0e0a9bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4149&group=soc.culture.china#4149

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 08:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 15:45 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:42:49 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

> >> Is the country against them? It is (now) a civil war with US taking side.
> >> Not my country, not my choice, not my business *without a VERY good reason*.
> >> Does *Afghans* themselves "do not want" Taliban *enough*?
> >
> > The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.
> >
> >> How many people (in USA and worldwide) think SCOTUS imposed its horrible
> >> ways on a whole country? [abortion, single sex marriages in every state]
> >
> > No comparison.
> Does EVERY US citizen agree?

No, only the sane ones.

> I "doubt".
> I am sure that more than a few percent minority considers it horrible+.
> Do you deny them such "dislike" freedom? [ I do not support (fully)
> the verdicts but treat them as internal US matter ]
> >> Do you expect the world to intervene?
> >
> > Especially after our long involvement, it makes sense to stay with the
> > Afghanis. Especially if we can do it without boots on the ground.
> It makes perfect sense in short term (year or two) IMHO. In longer term
> Taliban "quite likely" will acquire anti-aircraft weapons sufficient to
> generate slow but steady stream of casualties. Search & Rescue
> operations "may" turn ugly. DO NOT expect air support to be cost
> effective forever for US (politically and militarily).
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | All is well that ends well. (John Heywood)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<f9b69d99-68bb-4171-8425-9f13d6337a96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4152&group=soc.culture.china#4152

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 09:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 16:07 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 8:45:08 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:42:49 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> > bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

> > > The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.

> > > No comparison.
> > Does EVERY US citizen agree?
> No, only the sane ones.

Everyone is different!!!
It depends on each person's background...

> > I "doubt".
> > I am sure that more than a few percent minority considers it horrible+.
> > Do you deny them such "dislike" freedom? [ I do not support (fully)
> > the verdicts but treat them as internal US matter ]
> > >
> > > Especially after our long involvement, it makes sense to stay with the
> > > Afghanis. Especially if we can do it without boots on the ground.
> > It makes perfect sense in short term (year or two) IMHO. In longer term
> > Taliban "quite likely" will acquire anti-aircraft weapons sufficient to
> > generate slow but steady stream of casualties. Search & Rescue
> > operations "may" turn ugly. DO NOT expect air support to be cost
> > effective forever for US (politically and militarily).
> > --
> > A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> > | All is well that ends well. (John Heywood)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<anfi+rn23lepbjf-l880@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4156&group=soc.culture.china#4156

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 16:21:28 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:Au8LH0aDhoH/WiSiHFdfpkCkSys=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 16:21 UTC

bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 11:42:49 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
>> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

>> > The Taliban won't let girls go to school, and kill people who disagree with that, including the girls.

>> > No comparison.
>> Does EVERY US citizen agree?
> […]
> No, only the sane ones.

Do Taliban supporters describe themselves as insane? :-)
Are they "Organized Insanity" in your fairy tale?

Are YOU ready to fight Taliban *YOURSELF* ? I treat it as a basic test:
Is it horrible enough to make you ready risk YOUR own life?
No sane person expects victory over Taliban to be easy, cheap and
bloodless (if possible at reasonable/acceptable price).
Any idiot chief can *start* a war.

I treat "Horrible Taliban" as yet another propaganda spell.
It is translation of real interests to a version for public consumption.
Fail of US-Afghan would look pretty bad *under Biden administration*
because Biden ordered (quite sensible) withdrawal of land US troops.

Life teaches cynicism. I have been taught already above primary school level.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| We all agree on the necessity of compromise. We just can't agree
| on when it's necessary to compromise. (Larry Wall)

Re: US B-52 bombers and gunships sent into action in Afghanistan in attempt to stop Taliban advance on key cities - Now, that is what I called "using a shotgun to kill a mosquito"!!!!

<3df80686-ba42-4093-a724-70217528e5bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4166&group=soc.culture.china#4166

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:19:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 21:19 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 9:22:16 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

> >> Does EVERY US citizen agree?
> > […]
> > No, only the sane ones.
> Do Taliban supporters describe themselves as insane? :-)

Do you think blowing up little girls who try to go to school is bad, or is it something reasonable people can disagree on?

> Are they "Organized Insanity" in your fairy tale?

Of course.