Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 11:10:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: 2 Spatlese meet a Morgon, all have fun
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:10 UTC

Harissa salmon with potatoes and onions, roasted broccoli
2007 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese
Some Prum pseudo-reduction matchstick when opening, cinnamon spiced peaches, balanced acids, really in a nice place. B+/A-

2004 Karthauserhof Eitelsbacher Karthauserhofberg Spatlese
In an even nicer place. Snappy acids, citrus blossoms and spice, clean apple and nectarine fruit, excellent length A-

Pork/fish sauce meatballs, sesame/brownbutter/miso noodles, shiitakes with bok choy

2009 G. Descombes Morgon
Rich but with balancing acids, red plum and cherry, coffee, and a hint of smoke. There’s a little animal note that I kept glimpsing, unsure if a touch of (pleasant) brett or just my imagination. B+/B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.