Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:42:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Zoom talk on the Queen's Irish ancestry, 17 Feb 2022
From: mark.hum...@dcu.ie (Mark Humphrys)
 by: Mark Humphrys - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:42 UTC

I am giving a Zoom talk this week on the Queen's Irish ancestry. (Aoife and Strongbow, Butler, Fitzgerald, O'Brien, Baron of Inchiquin, Hugh O'Neill, Earl of Tyrone, etc.)
Hopefully I've got it all right. Would appreciate any SGM eyes on it if anyone wants to drop in.
Mark Humphrys
https://humphrysfamilytree.com/

-----

I am giving a Zoom talk on the Queen's Irish ancestry on Thur 17 Feb 2022 at 7.30 pm Irish time.
This is part of the Jubilee Talks organised by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, Northern Ireland.
To mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee (70 years) in 2022.

The Queen's Irish ancestry
Dr. Mark Humphrys

Abstract: The long and rich Irish ancestry of the Queen is well-known to genealogists but not known to the public. I will explain how the Queen has a vast number of Irish ancestors, including multiple Irish rebels, how Brian Boru is the ancestor of every English monarch since Henry IV, and how the Queen's most recent Irish-born ancestor was alive in 1842. Does this matter? I think yes. These are examples of facts that are well-known to historians and genealogists but that popular culture rejects, preferring to believe a myth about the past instead.

To book your place on the Zoom talk, contact Museum Services at
cms@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk

https://niarchive.org/projectitems/jubilee-talks-programme/

--
*

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email Disclaimer*

*Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon
chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin
amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.
<https://sites.google.com/view/seanadh-riomhphoist>*

*This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use
by the addressee. Read more here.
<https://sites.google.com/view/dcu-email-disclaimer>*

*

--

<https://www.facebook.com/DCU/> <https://twitter.com/DCU>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/dublin-city-university>

Re: Zoom talk on the Queen's Irish ancestry, 17 Feb 2022

<584ff7ff-c7ba-4d7a-abcc-93f4dc848454n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4278&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4278

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 09:27:28 -0800 (PST)
From: mark.hum...@dcu.ie (Mark Humphrys)
 by: Mark Humphrys - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 17:27 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 10:42:10 PM UTC, Mark Humphrys wrote:
> I am giving a Zoom talk this week on the Queen's Irish ancestry. (Aoife and Strongbow, Butler, Fitzgerald, O'Brien, Baron of Inchiquin, Hugh O'Neill, Earl of Tyrone, etc.)
> Hopefully I've got it all right. Would appreciate any SGM eyes on it if anyone wants to drop in.
> Mark Humphrys
> https://humphrysfamilytree.com/
>
> -----
>
> I am giving a Zoom talk on the Queen's Irish ancestry on Thur 17 Feb 2022 at 7.30 pm Irish time.
> This is part of the Jubilee Talks organised by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, Northern Ireland.
> To mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee (70 years) in 2022.
>
> The Queen's Irish ancestry
> Dr. Mark Humphrys
>
> Abstract: The long and rich Irish ancestry of the Queen is well-known to genealogists but not known to the public. I will explain how the Queen has a vast number of Irish ancestors, including multiple Irish rebels, how Brian Boru is the ancestor of every English monarch since Henry IV, and how the Queen's most recent Irish-born ancestor was alive in 1842. Does this matter? I think yes. These are examples of facts that are well-known to historians and genealogists but that popular culture rejects, preferring to believe a myth about the past instead.

My talk is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9Bunm5qX4
The core talk is 1 hour, from 1:47 to 1:04:13.

The slides are here:
https://humphrysfamilytree.com/talk.queen.html

Please send any issues/additions/corrections.
Mark

--
*