You would if you could but you can't so you won't.

interests / soc.culture.china / China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years

SubjectAuthor
* China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolaltlee1
`* Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving Ireachi
 +- Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Iltlee1
 `- Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It IRusty Wyse

1
China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years

<ee0e9cb2-f139-44ba-b03f-df13ad97737cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4182&group=soc.culture.china#4182

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 08:25:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China’s_Covid-Zero_Strategy_Risks_Leaving_It_Isola
ted_for_Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 15:25 UTC

Another perplexing article from Bloomberg.com.

"China this month saw the contagious delta variant pop up in more than half of 31 provinces despite water-tight border controls, triggering yet another round of targeted lockdowns, travel curbs and mass testing across the country. While the outbreak is the most widespread in China since the initial flare-up in Wuhan last year, the World Health Organization said total cases last Friday were 141 -- around .01% of the new infections that day in the U.S.

The aggressive moves to tame a relatively small caseload in a country with one of the world’s highest vaccination rates shows how politically invested the Communist Party has become in achieving zero Covid-19 infections. Chinese authorities are increasingly trumpeting their success in containing the virus as an ideological and moral victory over the U.S. and other nations now treating Covid-19 as endemic.
“China will have to pivot from its containment strategy, sooner or later -- you can stay Covid Zero for a while, but you can’t stay Covid Zero forever, because the virus swoops in before you know it,” said Chen Zhengming, an epidemiology professor at the University of Oxford. “My worry is that they won’t actively pursue a tactic change as Covid Zero has become an entrenched mentality. Especially when you hold officials accountable, no one dares to go easy on the outbreak.”"

To be sure, China will have to pivot from its containment strategy, soon or later. But what's wrong with later? When better vaccines and/or cures are readily available.

Looks like China is making other democracies, such as the US, look bad. Another case of China not following international, democratic "norm."

Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years

<sersqr$1uu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4189&group=soc.culture.china#4189

From: toi...@tr.com (reachi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_China’s_Covid-Zero_Strategy_Risks_Leaving_I
t_Isolated_for_Years
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 02:40:38 +0800
 by: reachi - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 18:40 UTC

On 9/8/2021 11:25 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> Another perplexing article from Bloomberg.com.
>
> "China this month saw the contagious delta variant pop up in more than half of 31 provinces despite water-tight border controls, triggering yet another round of targeted lockdowns, travel curbs and mass testing across the country. While the outbreak is the most widespread in China since the initial flare-up in Wuhan last year, the World Health Organization said total cases last Friday were 141 -- around .01% of the new infections that day in the U.S.
>
> The aggressive moves to tame a relatively small caseload in a country with one of the world’s highest vaccination rates shows how politically invested the Communist Party has become in achieving zero Covid-19 infections. Chinese authorities are increasingly trumpeting their success in containing the virus as an ideological and moral victory over the U.S. and other nations now treating Covid-19 as endemic.
> “China will have to pivot from its containment strategy, sooner or later -- you can stay Covid Zero for a while, but you can’t stay Covid Zero forever, because the virus swoops in before you know it,” said Chen Zhengming, an epidemiology professor at the University of Oxford. “My worry is that they won’t actively pursue a tactic change as Covid Zero has become an entrenched mentality. Especially when you hold officials accountable, no one dares to go easy on the outbreak.”"
>
> To be sure, China will have to pivot from its containment strategy, soon or later. But what's wrong with later? When better vaccines and/or cures are readily available.
>
> Looks like China is making other democracies, such as the US, look bad. Another case of China not following international, democratic "norm."

US thinks an endemic in China would be the best for it. They did not
want China to contain and eliminate the transmission of infection.

A endemic means there will be constantly of Covid infection presence in
the community even in the midst of the operating of the economy.

However even though there is a ever presence of potential Covid virus in
the community, there is a need of ever presence of constant test and
isolation of area where infection had occurred.

This is to ensure the source of spreading the infection is traced and
identified and eliminated by quarantine, isolation, and treatment.

Hence, contact tracing will help a lot to find out who have been in
contact with the spreader.

The need to prevent super=spreader is essentially start from having a
intensive mapping and swap testing and quarantining and isolation.

Therefore, it is wrong of US to think China to pivot from containment
strategy when it is necessary to do so.

This is in view of its high population density of large and small cities
with compact population centers in China.

China cannot afford a large mass infections as it will overwhelm
hospital wards and medical staff.

America is happy to see China's economy bleeds to death from the lock
downs driven companies to close and ended in bankrupty.

Taking the problem, When this happens, US will invade China.CDhina must
not let down its guard against attempt by US to lure China into
complacency of going into an endemic.

Hence there is slacken its strict monitoring of its community based
Covid, and containment of it.

Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years

<5334834e-14fd-4328-a7ad-63dcd6591753n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4199&group=soc.culture.china#4199

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_China’s_Covid-Zero_Strategy_Risks_Leaving_It_I
solated_for_Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:30 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:40:30 PM UTC-4, reachi wrote:
> [...]
> contact with the spreader.
>
> The need to prevent super=spreader is essentially start from having a
> intensive mapping and swap testing and quarantining and isolation.
>
> Therefore, it is wrong of US to think China to pivot from containment
> strategy when it is necessary to do so.
>
> This is in view of its high population density of large and small cities
> with compact population centers in China.
>
> China cannot afford a large mass infections as it will overwhelm
> hospital wards and medical staff.
>
> America is happy to see China's economy bleeds to death from the lock
> downs driven companies to close and ended in bankrupty.
>
> Taking the problem, When this happens, US will invade China.CDhina must
> not let down its guard against attempt by US to lure China into
> complacency of going into an endemic.
>
> Hence there is slacken its strict monitoring of its community based

The article does not make sense.
For example, the title "China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years".
What if China switch its strategy?
One could then write with an opposite title "China Living with Covid Strategy Risk Leaving
millions sick and dying and economy in tatter"

May be Bloomberg.com wants to write an analysis piece. But it neither has the people nor
the source to do an adequate job on this kind of large scale cost-benefit analysis. The
output is a "四不像。" Basically, a piece written by the uninformed for the uninformed. It
could only contribute to make its readers dumb and not much else.

It has a piece today entitled:
"Why Xi Jinping Waited Years to Launch His Crackdown on Tycoons".

It is more dishonest. The title implies that the writers know as a fact that Xi has waited
years to launch such crackdown. But the article presents zero evidence. Again, to
crackdown or not the crackdown is a matter of what cost against what benefit and the
threshold of policy switch. Again, Bloomberg proved itself not up to this kind of analysis.

Re: China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years

<0cd4bb5d-4984-4eeb-93f7-d70587beac2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4201&group=soc.culture.china#4201

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 08:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
solated_for_Years
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:49 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:40:30 AM UTC-7, reachi wrote:
> [...]
> contact with the spreader.
>
> The need to prevent super=spreader is essentially start from having a
> intensive mapping and swap testing and quarantining and isolation.
>
> Therefore, it is wrong of US to think China to pivot from containment
> strategy when it is necessary to do so.
>
> This is in view of its high population density of large and small cities
> with compact population centers in China.
>
> China cannot afford a large mass infections as it will overwhelm
> hospital wards and medical staff.
>
> America is happy to see China's economy bleeds to death from the lock
> downs driven companies to close and ended in bankrupty.
>
> Taking the problem, When this happens, US will invade China.CDhina must
> not let down its guard against attempt by US to lure China into
> complacency of going into an endemic.
>
> Hence there is slacken its strict monitoring of its community based

Nothing can be more effective than the iron-fist of the CCP. When a member of a family has Covid-19, their house door is nailed shut so no one can leave the house. Food is delivered to the family until everyone has recovered from covid-19!!!

interests / soc.culture.china / China’s Covid-Zero Strategy Risks Leaving It Isolated for Years