Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Hollywood’s_radical_left_reality
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:50:25 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 22:50 UTC

from
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/9/hollywoods-radical-left-reality/

Hollywood’s radical left reality
American values are anathema to the filmmakers of the 21st century

Hollywood&#x27;s radical left reality illustration by Alexander
Hunter/The Washington Times
Hollywood’s radical left reality illustration by Alexander Hunter/The
Washington Times more >
Print
COMMENTARY
By Don Feder - - Saturday, March 9, 2024
OPINION:

On Sunday evening, Hollywood will do what Hollywood does best: Celebrate
itself and push a woke agenda.

The days when cinema extolled faith, family and the flag are gone, along
with the five-cent candy bar and the double-feature Saturday matinee.

When you ask ordinary people why they don’t go to movies anymore, the
response is usually, “Why should I pay good money to see that crap?”

Except for an occasional throwback (films like “The King’s Speech” and
“Darkest Hour”), movies today are salvos in the culture war — political
pleading dispersed among the sex and gore.

If a movie needs a villain, it usually finds one in a high-ranking
military officer, a cop, a businessman, a member of the clergy
(preachers preferred), or a hateful bigot who believes in gender roles.
If it needs a hero, a noble scientist, a racial-equity activist, or a
feminist will do nicely.

At the 96th Annual Academy Awards, speeches will be laced with attacks
on former President Donald Trump, MAGA Republicans, the Supreme Court
and the racists who believe in borders.

Try naming a prominent actor on the right now that Charlton Heston and
John Wayne are dead. And on the left? Start with Robert Di Niro and
Leonardo Di Caprio, then include most of the members of the Screen
Actors Guild.

They fly around in private jets, live in 26-room mansions and lecture us
on carbon footprints. They travel with private security and tell us not
to be paranoid about crime. They have the annual incomes of third-world
countries and admonish us to pay our fair share of taxes.

To us, illegal immigrants mean gangs, drugs and sex trafficking. To
them, they’re gardeners, cooks and nannies.

Hollywood rarely misses a chance to push a progressive worldview, as
reflected in this year’s Oscar nominees, “Barbie” and “Oppenheimer.”

“Oppenheimer” has been nominated for Best Picture and Best Actor.
“Barbie” was nominated in four categories.

“Oppenheimer” is about the scientist called the Father of the A-bomb and
the red hunters who persecuted the poor fellow traveler. The film also
claims Japanese deaths could have been avoided, ignoring the fact that
an invasion of the home islands would have resulted in a million casualties.

“Barbie” is a feminist fantasy that indicts the patriarchy and suggests
that sex roles are artificial. Think of the generations of little girls
indoctrinated by Malibu Barbie and Ballerina Barbie.

Hollywood is run by refugees from reality.

Gone are the days when a carhop or a sales clerk could be discovered. In
the 30s and 40s, many stars came from working-class backgrounds.

Ava Gardner was the daughter of sharecroppers. George Raft grew up in
Hell’s Kitchen alongside real-life gangsters. President Ronald Reagan’s
father was a failed salesman with a fondness for the bottle.

Today, moviemakers are more likely to come from film school than a
filling station.

Subconsciously, they feel guilty about their wealth. Liberal politics –
which they see as bonding with the masses – is a way to atone for their
lives of privilege. In the process, they end up sneering at half the
country.

Alyssa Milano and Rosanna Arquette compare the annual Conservative
Political Action Conferences to Nuremberg rallies. Mr. De Niro calls
former President Donald Trump “evil” and a “wannabe tough guy.”

Producer/actor Rob Reiner sees Trump supporters as “Christian
nationalists” who reject democracy – ironic, coming from the side that
tried to manipulate the political process to keep Trump off the ballot
in blue states.

Leading up to the Oscars, Turner Classic Movies showed a month of past
nominees and winners, films like “Sergeant York” and “The Nun’s Story”
that could never be made today because their values are anathema to
Hollywood of the 21st century.

As America moves to the right, Hollywood becomes more insular. Once, it
reflected middle-class virtues. Now, it mocks them.

Studios are losing money faster than electric-cars makers, with
subscribers canceling streaming services and box office sales down.
Paramount Global – which owns Paramount Pictures, CBS and Nickelodeon —
announced last month that it was laying off 800 employees.

Disney seems to be in permanent decline. It lost almost $1 billion on
its Summer 2023 releases, including its black Little Mermaid. In the
sequel, Ariel probably will be transgendered as well as a mermaid of color.

The entertainment industry will continue to put politics before profits.

Hollywood is still America’s dream factory – except now it’s the dream
of the radical left and a nightmare for the rest of us.

• Don Feder is a columnist with The Washington Times.

Re: Hollywood’s radical left reality

<usj6b4$2of9t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4197&group=alt.law-enforcement#4197

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics,soc.history.war.misc
Subject: Re: Hollywood’s_radical_left_reality
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 02:36:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 02:36 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> from
> https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/9/hollywoods-radical-left
> -reality/
>
> Hollywood’s radical left reality
> Radical conservaturd values are anathema to the filmmakers of the 21st
century

fixed that for ya.

Re: Hollywood's radical left reality

<usl9rm$36845$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4199&group=alt.law-enforcement#4199

From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics,soc.history.war.misc
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 14:48:06 -0700
 by: max headroom - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 21:48 UTC

In news:usj6b4$2of9t$1@dont-email.me, Baxter <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com>
typed:

> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

>> from
>> https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/9/hollywoods-radical-left
>> -reality/

>> Hollywood��s radical left reality
>> Radical conservaturd values are anathema to the filmmakers of the
>> 21st century

> fixed that for ya.

Thanks for admitting that, to today's pinkies, American values ARE "radical
conservaturd" values.