God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through. -- Paul Valery

interests / rec.woodworking / !00 year old Red oak

SubjectAuthor
* !00 year old Red oakMarkem618
+* Re: !00 year old Red oakLeon
|`* Re: !00 year old Red oakClare Snyder
| +- Re: !00 year old Red oakhubops
| `- Re: !00 year old Red oakClare Snyder
`* Re: !00 year old Red oakMichael Trew
 `* Re: !00 year old Red oakJ. Clarke
  `* Re: !00 year old Red oakads
   +- Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   +* Re: !00 year old Red oakJ. Clarke
   |+- Re: !00 year old Red oakMichael Trew
   |`* Re: !00 year old Red oakLeon
   | `* Re: !00 year old Red oakScott Lurndal
   |  `* Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   |   `* Re: !00 year old Red oakScott Lurndal
   |    +- Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   |    +- Re: !00 year old Red oakJack
   |    `* Re: !00 year old Red oakMichael Trew
   |     +* Re: !00 year old Red oakScott Lurndal
   |     |+- Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   |     |+- Re: !00 year old Red oakMichael Trew
   |     |`- Re: !00 year old Red oakJack
   |     `* Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   |      `* Re: !00 year old Red oakMarkem618
   |       `* Re: !00 year old Red oakkrw
   |        `* Re: !00 year old Red oakMarkem618
   |         `- Re: !00 year old Red oakJack
   `- Re: !00 year old Red oakBob La Londe

Pages:12
!00 year old Red oak

<ho20jg1t79d1up247sg7vumjr853gkgo1k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4228&group=rec.woodworking#4228

From: markrm...@hotmail.com (Markem618)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: !00 year old Red oak
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 18:28:13 -0500
 by: Markem618 - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:28 UTC

So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
our sunroom will now get sun.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<u6idncGsqOHtSa38nZ2dnUU7-SHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4229&group=rec.woodworking#4229

Subject: Re: !00 year old Red oak
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 08:41:03 -0500
 by: Leon - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:41 UTC

On 9/1/2021 6:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
> our sunroom will now get sun.

That's a shame. We will be doing the same. We will be adding 450 sq
feet to our patio and
adding a 12 x 24 covered pergola. Our 6 year old 3" diameter pear
tree, that never produced a pear that was tolerable, is coming down.
Squirrels loved the pears.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4230&group=rec.woodworking#4230

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:17 UTC

On 9/1/2021 7:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
> our sunroom will now get sun.

That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<ikh2jgh114c19nsaf6d09vo37r7rkbhle1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4231&group=rec.woodworking#4231

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 17:53:29 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:53 UTC

On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 08:41:03 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

>On 9/1/2021 6:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
>> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
>> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
>> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
>> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
>> our sunroom will now get sun.
>>

>That's a shame. We will be doing the same. We will be adding 450 sq
>feet to our patio and
>adding a 12 x 24 covered pergola. Our 6 year old 3" diameter pear
>tree, that never produced a pear that was tolerable, is coming down.
>Squirrels loved the pears.
The old oak sounds like the one that stood in front of the farmhouse
where my mother grew up. That tree was closer to 72 inches in diameter
last I saw it - and was more than 48inches when Grand-dad bought the
farm back in 1929. Mom remembers it being struck by ligtning several
times as the farmstead was on the top of a rise and the tree was by
far the tallest object for miles. Estimates when the farm was sold in
'63 was the tree was over 350 years old and had been a full grown tree
when the farmstead was established.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4232&group=rec.woodworking#4232

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:09 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/1/2021 7:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
>> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
>> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
>> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
>> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
>> our sunroom will now get sun.
>
>That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
>maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
>branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
>fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
>it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
>wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
>3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.

Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<jkj2jgpe84i1tim65653v4eek1a9gdr0ka@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4233&group=rec.woodworking#4233

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:41:12 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:41 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 17:53:29 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 08:41:03 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
>
>>On 9/1/2021 6:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
>>> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
>>> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
>>> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
>>> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
>>> our sunroom will now get sun.
>>>

>>That's a shame. We will be doing the same. We will be adding 450 sq
>>feet to our patio and
>>adding a 12 x 24 covered pergola. Our 6 year old 3" diameter pear
>>tree, that never produced a pear that was tolerable, is coming down.
>>Squirrels loved the pears.
>
> The old oak sounds like the one that stood in front of the farmhouse
>where my mother grew up. That tree was closer to 72 inches in diameter
>last I saw it - and was more than 48inches when Grand-dad bought the
>farm back in 1929. Mom remembers it being struck by ligtning several
>times as the farmstead was on the top of a rise and the tree was by
>far the tallest object for miles. Estimates when the farm was sold in
>'63 was the tree was over 350 years old and had been a full grown tree
>when the farmstead was established.

Wow - that's a big oak !
Did it make the Waterloo County Big Tree survey ?
We had a giant weeping willow that was # 1 <weeping willow >
back in the ~ late 80's iirc. The last big limb off the main trunk
finally came down a few years ago. In the late 90's a limb
came down that was well over 3 feet diameter ..
They used a formula to rate them - girth (x) feet up & height.
A quick google search turned up this link for the 2011 tree hunt :

https://sites.google.com/a/landscapeontario.com/champion-tree-hunt/slide-show-of-all-entries

I believe that it was a cottonwood that was overall champ
< like the 2011 hunt > back when our willow was on the list.
John T.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<slt2jg9tiafhoq73t6sl7k5na4usorviq9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4234&group=rec.woodworking#4234

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:14:51 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 01:14 UTC

wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 08:41:03 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
>
>>On 9/1/2021 6:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
>>> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
>>> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
>>> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
>>> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
>>> our sunroom will now get sun.
>>>

>>That's a shame. We will be doing the same. We will be adding 450 sq
>>feet to our patio and
>>adding a 12 x 24 covered pergola. Our 6 year old 3" diameter pear
>>tree, that never produced a pear that was tolerable, is coming down.
>>Squirrels loved the pears.
> The old oak sounds like the one that stood in front of the farmhouse
>where my mother grew up. That tree was closer to 72 inches in diameter
>last I saw it - and was more than 48inches when Grand-dad bought the
>farm back in 1929. Mom remembers it being struck by ligtning several
>times as the farmstead was on the top of a rise and the tree was by
>far the tallest object for miles. Estimates when the farm was sold in
>'63 was the tree was over 350 years old and had been a full grown tree
>when the farmstead was established.
The farm is just down river from the Conestoga dam on the left side
of the river at the end of the side-road that would lead to Glen Allen
if it crossed the river

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4235&group=rec.woodworking#4235

From: ads...@nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400
 by: ads...@nowhere - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 01:29 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
<jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400, Michael Trew
><michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>
>>On 9/1/2021 7:28 PM, Markem618 wrote:
>>> So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4
>>> foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter
>>> ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the house
>>> and had been dropping limbs. Really wish it had been good wood, but
>>> our sunroom will now get sun.
>>
>>That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
>>maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
>>branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
>>fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
>>it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
>>wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
>>3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.
>
>Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.

Sounds like a place to NOT be living...

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<na33jgdbq73uj75gupjh0aq474e9df4fd0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4236&group=rec.woodworking#4236

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 22:51:27 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 02:51 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400, ads wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
><jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400, Michael Trew
>><michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>>That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
>>>maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
>>>branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
>>>fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
>>>it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
>>>wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
>>>3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.
>>
>>Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>>my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>>me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.
>>

>Sounds like a place to NOT be living...

Sounds reasonable to me, if it fell or could soon fall on the public
right of way.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4237&group=rec.woodworking#4237

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 23:04:51 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 03:04 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400, ads wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
><jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400, Michael Trew
>><michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>>That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
>>>maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
>>>branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
>>>fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
>>>it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
>>>wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
>>>3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.
>>
>>Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>>my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>>me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.
>>

>Sounds like a place to NOT be living...

Yep. Anywhere but here beckons.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sgs42f$ido$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4238&group=rec.woodworking#4238

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 23:16:35 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 03:16 UTC

On 9/2/2021 11:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400, ads wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
>> <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>>> my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>>> me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.
>>>

>> Sounds like a place to NOT be living...
>
> Yep. Anywhere but here beckons.

I can't blame you, yikes.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4239&group=rec.woodworking#4239

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 08:41:53 -0500
 by: Leon - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:41 UTC

On 9/2/2021 10:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400, ads wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
>> <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>>> my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>>> me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.
>>>

>> Sounds like a place to NOT be living...
>
> Yep. Anywhere but here beckons.

Well California, Lake Tahoe, or Greenville, does not seem better.
Fires in California destroyed over 10,000 buildings in 2020.

How many buildings were destroyed in the California fires 2020?
2020 California wildfires
Total area 4,397,809 acres (1,779,730 ha)
Cost >$12.079 billion (2020 USD) (Third-costliest on record)
Date(s) Febuary 15–December 31, 2020
Buildings destroyed 10,488 (CAL FIRE) 9,211 (NIFC Year-to-Date report)

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4240&group=rec.woodworking#4240

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:16 UTC

Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> writes:
>On 9/2/2021 10:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
>> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 21:29:28 -0400, ads wrote:

>>> Sounds like a place to NOT be living...
>>
>> Yep. Anywhere but here beckons.
>>

>Well California, Lake Tahoe, or Greenville, does not seem better.
>Fires in California destroyed over 10,000 buildings in 2020.

There are 14+ million houses in california, not counting commercial
buildings or outbuildings (sheds, barns, etc).

Note that a significant fraction of those 10,000 structures were
barns, sheds, vacation homes and a couple of wineries.

The big fires affect mainly lightly populated remote areas of the state,
and for all that they sound big (> 100 square miles), consider that
100 square miles is only a 10 mile by 10 mile square. California
has 163,696 square miles of area.

Lake Tahoe is smokey, but the winds have died down and they've
kept the fire (south of South Lake) from the tahoe communities so far
and barring an unexpected change in the weather, it's likely
that it will not approach closer to south lake (but it may burn
further east into Nevada (desolate and unpopulated territory
for the most part)).

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4241&group=rec.woodworking#4241

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 20:11:37 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 00:11 UTC

On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

>Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> writes:

>>> Yep. Anywhere but here beckons.
>>>

>>Well California, Lake Tahoe, or Greenville, does not seem better.
>>Fires in California destroyed over 10,000 buildings in 2020.
>
>There are 14+ million houses in california, not counting commercial
>buildings or outbuildings (sheds, barns, etc).
>
>Note that a significant fraction of those 10,000 structures were
>barns, sheds, vacation homes and a couple of wineries.
>
>The big fires affect mainly lightly populated remote areas of the state,
>and for all that they sound big (> 100 square miles), consider that
>100 square miles is only a 10 mile by 10 mile square. California
>has 163,696 square miles of area.
>
>Lake Tahoe is smokey, but the winds have died down and they've
>kept the fire (south of South Lake) from the tahoe communities so far
>and barring an unexpected change in the weather, it's likely
>that it will not approach closer to south lake (but it may burn
>further east into Nevada (desolate and unpopulated territory
>for the most part)).

You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
of the needles and feces on the street...

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4242&group=rec.woodworking#4242

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 15:11:13 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 15:11 UTC

krw@notreal.com writes:
>On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>wrote:

>You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>of the needles and feces on the street...

Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
the myths bother you.

(Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
nothing about California).

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<v6n7jg9t10rplic4p8bf00gfk1vsifddjk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4243&group=rec.woodworking#4243

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 16:56:11 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 20:56 UTC

On Sat, 04 Sep 2021 15:11:13 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

>krw@notreal.com writes:
>>On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>>wrote:
>

>>You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>>of the needles and feces on the street...
>
>Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>the myths bother you.

WE? It's nice that you think you're God, like every other communist.

>(Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>nothing about California).

Of course you lie, like all communists. It's in the genes.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sh1aoj$62d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4245&group=rec.woodworking#4245

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 19:41:24 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 02:41 UTC

On 9/2/2021 6:29 PM, ads wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:09:07 -0400, J. Clarke
> <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:17:47 -0400, Michael Trew
>> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>> That is sad that it had to be torn down. I have a likely 100+ year old
>>> maple in my front yard, but it's hollow. You can see it with every
>>> branch cut off. It seems stable, for now, but I'm afraid it's going to
>>> fall on someone's roof some day (mine or my neighbors). Alternatively,
>>> it could cross the street and wipe out the 24 hour laundromat (but that
>>> wouldn't be so bad -- why do people need to be loud doing laundry at
>>> 3AM??) I don't want to get it cut down, but I am getting there soon.
>>
>> Be happy. Last year a hurrican went through here and damaged one of
>> my pine trees. Before they had the power back on the town was after
>> me to have it removed on pain of a $200/day fine.
>>

> Sounds like a place to NOT be living...

Sounds Like Florida. They raise revenue in a lot of towns there by
aggressive fines.

https://www.avg.com

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sh2kn6$31k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4246&group=rec.woodworking#4246

From: jbste...@comcast.net (Jack)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:37:24 -0400
 by: Jack - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 14:37 UTC

On 9/4/2021 11:11 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> krw@notreal.com writes:
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:
>

>> You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>> of the needles and feces on the street...
>
> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
> the myths bother you.
>
> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
> nothing about California).

All he needs to know about California is who they elected as governor,
who they elected to the congress and senate. Of course, there is an
excellent chance these crooked fools were not actually elected, but
installed via massive voter fraud.

Also, their success can be summed up by the fact so many people moved
out of California that they lost a congressional seat. This despite
huge numbers of alien invaders entering the state, and ignoring the
crooks in charge surely knew this would happen and would have done
everything the could to cook the books on the census to prevent it from
happening.

--
Jack

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4247&group=rec.woodworking#4247

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 11:26:15 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 15:26 UTC

On 9/4/2021 11:11 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> krw@notreal.com writes:
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:
>

>> You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>> of the needles and feces on the street...
>
> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
> the myths bother you.
>
> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
> nothing about California).

I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
streets.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<I46ZI.103238$T_8.41717@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4248&group=rec.woodworking#4248

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <ho20jg1t79d1up247sg7vumjr853gkgo1k@4ax.com> <sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me> <ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com> <uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com> <v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com> <1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad> <rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com> <l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad> <sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 16:17:44 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:17 UTC

Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> writes:
>On 9/4/2021 11:11 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> krw@notreal.com writes:
>>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>>> wrote:
>>

>>> You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>>> of the needles and feces on the street...
>>
>> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>> the myths bother you.
>>
>> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>> nothing about California).
>

>I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>streets.

Have you ever been there? Or are you just relying on Fox News' interpretation
of reality?

And California is far more than just San Francisco.

KRWs posting history is availble in the usenet archives. Judge him for
yourself.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<e2pajg1oo3uhiglu591nf7hbiru7734qb9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4249&group=rec.woodworking#4249

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:44:22 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 00:44 UTC

On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 11:26:15 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/4/2021 11:11 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> krw@notreal.com writes:
>>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:16:22 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>>> wrote:
>>

>>> You have me sold. Now, if you reduce taxes by, oh, 100% and get rid
>>> of the needles and feces on the street...
>>
>> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>> the myths bother you.
>>
>> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>> nothing about California).
>

>I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>streets.

And LA. CA is a lefty cesspool.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<58pajgl3man2p6tcdnk125spulturgem2u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4250&group=rec.woodworking#4250

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <ho20jg1t79d1up247sg7vumjr853gkgo1k@4ax.com> <sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me> <ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com> <uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com> <v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com> <1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad> <rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com> <l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad> <sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me> <I46ZI.103238$T_8.41717@fx48.iad>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:52:13 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 00:52 UTC

On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 16:17:44 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

>Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> writes:

>>> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>>> the myths bother you.
>>>
>>> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>>> nothing about California).
>>

>>I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>>unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>>streets.
>
>Have you ever been there? Or are you just relying on Fox News' interpretation
>of reality?
>
>And California is far more than just San Francisco.

....and LA, and...

I noticed you didn't refute anything I said. The only thing CA has is
weather and lefty assholes (redundant, I know). You prove the
assertion.

>KRWs posting history is availble in the usenet archives. Judge him for
>yourself.

As does yours, comrade.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<70qajgti909csgeueugeg8g26453ctjq29@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4252&group=rec.woodworking#4252

From: markrm...@hotmail.com (Markem618)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:00:03 -0500
References: <ho20jg1t79d1up247sg7vumjr853gkgo1k@4ax.com> <sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me> <ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com> <uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com> <v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com> <1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad> <rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com> <l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad> <sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me> <e2pajg1oo3uhiglu591nf7hbiru7734qb9@4ax.com>
 by: Markem618 - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 01:00 UTC

On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:44:22 -0400, krw@notreal.com wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 11:26:15 -0400, Michael Trew
><michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>>> the myths bother you.
>>>
>>> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>>> nothing about California).
>>

>>I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>>unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>>streets.
>
>And LA. CA is a lefty cesspool.

SSDD

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<e5vajglb9sds67vqdk8umr3qm8svkqcg4s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4253&group=rec.woodworking#4253

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me> <ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com> <uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com> <v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com> <1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad> <rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com> <l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad> <sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me> <e2pajg1oo3uhiglu591nf7hbiru7734qb9@4ax.com> <70qajgti909csgeueugeg8g26453ctjq29@4ax.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 22:29:07 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 02:29 UTC

On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:00:03 -0500, Markem618 <markrm618@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:44:22 -0400, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 11:26:15 -0400, Michael Trew
>><michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>>I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>>>unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>>>streets.
>>
>>And LA. CA is a lefty cesspool.
>
>SSDD

Yes CA is SS.

BTW, you said you KF'd me. Another lefty liar.

Re: !00 year old Red oak

<sh3vgk$1fa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4255&group=rec.woodworking#4255

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 22:47:47 -0400
References: <ho20jg1t79d1up247sg7vumjr853gkgo1k@4ax.com> <sgr4g8$8s9$3@dont-email.me> <ppi2jglchafvdpp67fivrbikeur621k0qr@4ax.com> <uiu2jglmn4ae7smsl3jltivto4cd39r9nf@4ax.com> <v543jgldqtcbqb4mr2v1t8tuc2qf38n3fr@4ax.com> <1OudnYaZTbu8u6_8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <W6qYI.11652$2Q_3.1767@fx35.iad> <rae5jghd1sh0rp0f557t0vq86p4g7o4il4@4ax.com> <l0MYI.15534$2Q_3.11936@fx35.iad> <sh2nin$5a4$18@dont-email.me> <I46ZI.103238$T_8.41717@fx48.iad>
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 02:47 UTC

On 9/5/2021 12:17 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Michael Trew<michael.trew@att.net> writes:

>>> Actually, we don't want _you_ here. Stay where you are if
>>> the myths bother you.
>>>
>>> (Hint to everyone else, KRW is still full of shit and knows
>>> nothing about California).
>>

>> I'd have to imagine he's referencing San Francisco. It's quite
>> unfortunate to see how the homeless are living (and defecating) on the
>> streets.
>
> Have you ever been there? Or are you just relying on Fox News' interpretation
> of reality?

No, I haven't been there; nor do I watch Fox news. There are plenty of
reputable news sources have relayed this information. A few examples
below...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/San-Francisco-s-latest-feud-What-to-do-about-16231736.php

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2019/04/25/politics/do-the-homeless-poop-on-san-francisco-streets-because-they-can-or-because-they-cant-find-a-bathroom/3907.html

Side note: I'm sure the media has blown the issue into sounding worse
than it is, but that being said, that's surely not an issue anywhere
that I've been, or in any city in the Midwest or western Atlantic states.

> And California is far more than just San Francisco.

Of that I'm plenty aware, even though I again, have not been there. I'd
still like to see it some day.

> KRWs posting history is availble in the usenet archives. Judge him for
> yourself.

Oh trust me, I know. I've already gotten in spats with him. Anyone
that doesn't agree with his word as biblical truth is an "*insert
derogatory term* leftist". Although, in his book, a leftist is enough
of a derogatory term as it is. I think it's pretty sad how people get
so tied up into politics that it controls them. No thanks, I'm not a
leftist or a rightist.