Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: 'Sanctuary Trap': NYC Mayor Adams has had 'epiphany' on migrant
crime, deportations,
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:31:48 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:31 UTC

from
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sanctuary-trap-nyc-mayor-adams-epiphany-migrant-crime-deportations-says-local-fox-host

'Sanctuary Trap': NYC Mayor Adams has had 'epiphany' on migrant crime,
deportations, says local FOX host
NYC mayor pressed by Rosanna Scotto on migrant crime on 'The Sanctuary Trap'
Taylor Penley By Taylor Penley Fox News
Get Fox Nation
Published March 3, 2024 7:00am EST | Updated March 3, 2024 7:02am EST

Eric Adams has had an 'epiphany' on sanctuary cities:
Rosanna Scotto Access all Fox Nation previews

Eric Adams has had an 'epiphany' on sanctuary cities: Rosanna Scotto
'Good Day New York' co-host Rosanna Scotto discusses New York's
sanctuary city status and migrant crime on 'Special Report.'

Mayor Eric Adams has had an "epiphany" concerning the Big Apple's
sanctuary status, according to FOX 5 New York's Rosanna Scotto, host of
Fox Nation's "The Sanctuary Trap."

"When the migrants first came here, he was greeting them off the buses,
holding babies, kissing them, and now he's realized that we've got a
problem," she told "Special Report" host Bret Baier on Tuesday.

Rocked by the unmitigated crisis crippling the city, Adams is now
calling for sanctuary laws to be modified so migrants who commit violent
crimes can be turned over to I.C.E. and deported.

This comes as footage of migrants attacking NYPD officers in Times
Square went viral and separate video captured one incident of a migrant
crime gang dragging a woman down the street in front of a Brooklyn deli
as they grabbed her purse and sent her careening into a pole.

ERIC ADAMS WARNS NYC IS ‘OUT OF ROOM’ AMID SANCTUARY STRUGGLE: PEOPLE
WILL SOON BE ‘SLEEPING ON THE STREETS’

Eric Adams
New York City Mayor Eric Adams says his hands are tied when it comes to
the migrant crisis as laws do not allow law enforcement to turn violent
migrant offenders over to I.C.E. (Jeenah Moon/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

"I think the mayor had an epiphany and realized this can't continue,"
she told Baier.

"People were just so outraged in New York City that this is happening
now as a sanctuary city. The mayor is not allowed to have the police
notify the feds that this is going on in the migrant community, but I
think, as you heard recently, he's changed his tune. He would like to
change the laws so that these people who were committing crimes in New
York City would be deported."

Scotto, who co-anchors "Good Day New York," has witnessed the crisis
firsthand, taking Fox Nation subscribers inside places like the iconic
Roosevelt Hotel which, since shutting down during the COVID-19 pandemic,
has been repurposed into a migrant processing hub now coined by some as
the "new Ellis Island."

EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES LOOK INSIDE NYC'S ICONIC ROOSEVELT HOTEL
REPURPOSED INTO MIGRANT PROCESSING HUB

Eric Adams on NYC's sanctuary city status: 'Our hearts are endless but
our resources are not'Video
But the hotel, like other locations sheltering migrants, is overflowing,
and it's unsustainable.

"We have nowhere to put migrants," Scotto stressed, adding that 70 were
found to be living illegally in a Queens furniture store because local
shelters were out of space.

Scotto said migrant crime has been occurring inside shelters and was
mostly "kept quiet" by city officials.

"Now that it's spilled onto the streets and we see it a lot in Times
Square, wherever, they can't avoid it, they have to talk about it."

NYC's iconic Roosevelt Hotel repurposed into migrant processing, housing
hubVideo
In "The Sanctuary Trap," Scotto sat down with Mayor Adams and pressed
him about the crisis, but he insisted his hands are tied under existing law.

"The law states that we cannot notify I.C.E. I cannot break the law and
enforce the law. I can't deport. I can't stop people from coming in,
repeated criminal behavior, I can't report to I.C.E. for deportation. So
there's certain things I can't do," he said.

ERIC ADAMS SLAMS BIDEN FOR NOT MEETING, IGNORING MIGRANT CRISIS ON NYC
VISIT: ‘EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE I AM’

He additionally explained, however, that challenges to the "right to
shelter" rule, which requires the city to house its homeless, are in
progress in the court system, saying, "We stated that it wasn't meant to
be for migrants and asylum seekers."

Since Scotto's sitdown, Adams has said the sanctuary city law must be
"modified" so that migrant criminals can be deported.

Failure to turn criminals over to I.C.E. has had consequences outside of
the Empire State.

In Georgia last week, 22-year-old nursing student Laken Riley was
allegedly murdered by an illegal immigrant from Venezuela. The suspect
behind the killing was reportedly arrested in New York and was not
turned over to I.C.E.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO FOX NATION

"It seems endless to me now," Scotto said of the crisis. "Even the mayor
is admitting it's gotten out of control. Everybody is stretched thin.
Even some of the charitable organizations, who have been trying to help
some of the migrants, realize there's got to be an end game here. It
just can't continue this way."

Fox News' Michael Ruiz contributed to this report.

Fox Nation’s ‘The Sanctuary Trap’ takes a closer look at NYC’s migrant
crisisVideo
Taylor Penley is an associate editor with Fox News.

Conversation4.6K Comments
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.

Sort by

Best
i❤️trump

He did not have an epiphany. It is called an election year. It is when
Democrats want to be more like Republicans. But only until they are
reelected. The only way to truly change is to vote for a Republican mayor.

Share
Costner

Why would anyone want to live there? They will charge you with things
that aren’t illegal , take your money and shut down your business if you
are a political foe of the Biden’s. All the while you allow people whose
first act in this country is to break the law and continue to do so with
no consequ...

See more

Share

13 replies
hehateme44399

The only epiphany he has had is the one that works the main stage at his
favorite gentleman's club.

Share

6 replies

Show 39 more replies
thetruthteller899

It’s not just a problem. It’s the beginnings of a huge problem. They are
attempting to build mass apartments here in our small rural town and
many other towns. We the people are putting a stop to it. They try and
do things under disguise but we found out once the survey crew showed
up. You have to ...See more

Share
foxtims

100% true. We are a small town of 12,000 in Kentucky. 20 miles from
Louisville. Developers came in and built 2 huge section 8 apartmetns of
500 units each. We had to increase our police force 10 fold in last 4
years from 3 officers to 30 as a result of the increase in crime. 50% of
those arrested l...

See more

Share

16 replies
wahooranger

Absolutely. Of course if you live in a tourist town with lots of condo's
and nightly rentals, youre fighting against the wind. I live near a
tourist town and all of a sudden, the city has decided that the hotels
that were turned into permanent residences, are now "unsafe" due to
business license ex...

See more

Share

16 replies

Show 47 more replies
pyromedichd1

"I think the mayor had an epiphany and realized this can't continue"

This is what happens when you elect leaders with no foresight, no
ability to critically think or use common sense and instead govern based
upon feelings. They have to learn on the job and the learning curve is
so steep for them th...

See more