Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:13:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: While I don't usually really go for Bdx 2nd wines or Cremant de Bourgogne
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 21:13 UTC

No wine Tuesday, Wednesday Bobby Flay chicken with a spicy green sauce and spinach.
I usually yawn at Cremant de Bourgogne, but the NV Bruno Dangin “Cuvee Blanche” Cremant de Bourgogne. Apparently this plot is adjacent to Aube, and in 1800s was considered part of Champagne. Quite lovely, citrus and apple overlaid with baking bread and chalk. Fine value, could pass for BdB Champagne (or 1er Chablis with bubbles). B++

Betsy had been in Maine for Valentines, so we had our dinner Thursday. She opted for oysters and Flannery ribeye, with baked potato, sauteed pea shoots, and salad. Some Cremant with the oysters, then with the steak the 2000 Bahans Haut-Brion. Not usually a 2nd wine buyer, but this is really quite nice. Fully resolved tannin, rich cassis and plum, accented with tobacco and gravelly soil notes. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.