Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: PN, Chardonnay, Sangiovese, and ?
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 19:30 UTC

Friday was tuna steak poached/sauteed in a tomato/caper/olive sauce, with angel hair and broccoli rabe
2018 Monte Bernardi Chianti Classico Riserva
Clean black cherry, dark berrries, some non obtrusive tannin, fine acid balance. Herbs, just a hint of vanilla. This could age but drinks well now. B+
Saturday was big Bdx + dinner already posted.
Sunday went to friends- starters of dolmas, olives, etc then pork chops, roasted vegetables (carrots, parsnips, onions, peppers, potato) and salad
2018 Red Tail Chardonnay (Finger Lakes)
Already showing age, a little volatile, cider and almond accents on Granny Smith fruit. C+/B-
2010 Drouhin Cote de Beaune
Light, crunchy red and black fruits, light soil tones, in a good place. B
No wine Monday with bad Chinese takeout in office before a meeting
Fat Tuesday I made shrimp etouffee, kale, rice
2021 Finot Freres Tracteur Rose
Unsure of cepage (for a second I thought the label said Pinot Freres, but no, and I don’t think so). Strawberries, oregano-y herbs, fairly sturdy. B

Wednesday pork tonkatsu with a cabbage slaw and rice
2011 Jadot Clos De La Commaraine Pommard 1er
Approachable and exotic for (fairly) young Jadot, black cherry laced with espresso, herbs, and earth. No hurry here, but drinking quite well. B+/A-

Thursday halibut, broccolini, potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach
2017 Joseph Colin Sur le Sentier du Clou St. Aubin 1er .
Rich, lively and long,.Pear and citrus, spring flowers, some light vanilla notes, long rocky finish. I need to hold off on these but its hard. B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.