Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 07:37:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Burgs, Riesling, Champagne etc
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 9 May 2023 14:37 UTC

Gochugaru salmon with crispy rice, broccolini
2016 Burgaud “Vignes de Thulon” Beaujolais-Villages
Juicy black cherry, tobacco leaf and mushroom, drinking well. B

Hmart pork bulgogi, rice, yu choy
2008 Chevillon Nuits St George VV
In a good place, black cherry, light and elegant for NSG, smoke and spice, fine persistence, B++

Oysters, grey sole in panko, kale. Japanese sweet potato
2018 Hubert Lamy Clos De Meix St Aubin 1er
Pear, lemon cream, chalky mineral finish. Despite the ripeness of the year there is a decent acid backbone. B+/B

Picked up some friends on Upper West Side then went to the fringes of Chinatown (Wu’s Wonton King). In outside tent, we shared fried anchovies, wonton soup (after years of going to Wu’s Wonton King, my first wonton!), “Aromatic Chicken”, Peking duck, pea shoots with dried scallops, seafood chow fun

2012 Marguet “Ambonnay” Rose Champagne
No dosage, but not austere. Rainier cherry, strawberry, citrus zest. Really good, but doesn’t seem to have a lot left in tank. B+ for drinking now

1999 Bouchard Le Corton
There’s some nice ‘99 black cherry fruit, but the unintegrated wood notes really dominate, and the wine seems to be drying out. I think with less aggressive oak would be a nice not quite ready Corton, as is it’s a disappointing and not going in right direction wine C+/B-

2005 Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Spatlese #13
Petrol and lots of smoke, some limey fruit, sweet but fairly balanced. Delicious but fully mature, earlier than I would have expected based on older vintages of Rausch. B+ but drink up.
No wine Monday with a fun dish of chicken thighs with broccoli, pickled jalapenos and feta.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.