Don't be overly suspicious where it's not warranted.

interests / rec.motorcycles.harley / Re: The difference a day makes

SubjectAuthor
* The difference a day makessticks
`* Re: The difference a day makesRick Begeman
 `* Re: The difference a day makesSnag
  `* Re: The difference a day makesBob La Londe
   `* Re: The difference a day makesSnag
    +- Re: The difference a day makessticks
    `* Re: The difference a day makesOld_Crow
     `* Re: The difference a day makesSnag
      +* Re: The difference a day makesRick Begeman
      |`* Re: The difference a day makesBob La Londe
      | `* Re: The difference a day makesRick Begeman
      |  `- Re: The difference a day makesBob La Londe
      `- Re: The difference a day makesOld_Crow

1
The difference a day makes

<u9m0qn$monm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=443&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#443

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: The difference a day makes
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:11:33 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:11 UTC

Went east a few days ago and had 301 miles of crappy day on a
motorcycle. Hard to even explain why. I thought I'd go east since the
wife like to see Lake Michigan, but I avoid that direction and the
congestion as much as possible. Just seemed to be always in the wrong
place, riding around idiots, and couldn't wait for the day to be over
and get home.

Yesterday, went west and had 375 perfect miles. The rolling hills and
rural areas of SW Wisconsin made for a great day. It was just a perfect
day riding with the wife and opposite of the ride before. I wanted it
to gone on indefinitely. No GPS, I just knew where I wanted to go and
we headed out. Great temps, little traffic, not very much wind, and the
sun even snuck behind the clouds at times to give a break from the sun.

Good head clearing day.

Re: The difference a day makes

<u9s0ft$1jbte$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=449&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#449

From: rickb...@gmail.com (Rick Begeman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: The difference a day makes
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:42:35 -0700
 by: Rick Begeman - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 20:42 UTC

On 7/24/23 7:11 AM, sticks wrote:
> Went east a few days ago and had 301 miles of crappy day on a
> motorcycle.  Hard to even explain why.  I thought I'd go east since the
> wife like to see Lake Michigan, but I avoid that direction and the
> congestion as much as possible.  Just seemed to be always in the wrong
> place, riding around idiots, and couldn't wait for the day to be over
> and get home.
>
> Yesterday, went west and had 375 perfect miles.  The rolling hills and
> rural areas of SW Wisconsin made for a great day.  It was just a perfect
> day riding with the wife and opposite of the ride before.  I wanted it
> to gone on indefinitely.  No GPS, I just knew where I wanted to go and
> we headed out.  Great temps, little traffic, not very much wind, and the
> sun even snuck behind the clouds at times to give a break from the sun.
>
> Good head clearing day.

They always say in the movies, "Go West"

--
Ironhead Rick

Re: The difference a day makes

<dQWxM.351125$AsA.209064@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=452&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#452

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:45:33 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 22:45 UTC

On 7/26/2023 3:42 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
> On 7/24/23 7:11 AM, sticks wrote:
>> Went east a few days ago and had 301 miles of crappy day on a
>> motorcycle.  Hard to even explain why.  I thought I'd go east since
>> the wife like to see Lake Michigan, but I avoid that direction and the
>> congestion as much as possible.  Just seemed to be always in the wrong
>> place, riding around idiots, and couldn't wait for the day to be over
>> and get home.
>>
>> Yesterday, went west and had 375 perfect miles.  The rolling hills and
>> rural areas of SW Wisconsin made for a great day.  It was just a
>> perfect day riding with the wife and opposite of the ride before.  I
>> wanted it to gone on indefinitely.  No GPS, I just knew where I wanted
>> to go and we headed out.  Great temps, little traffic, not very much
>> wind, and the sun even snuck behind the clouds at times to give a
>> break from the sun.
>>
>> Good head clearing day.
>
> They always say in the movies, "Go West"

Around here direction is moot . No large cities within a hundred
miles and there are nice roads no matter which direction you choose . RE
would call it "GON2L Paradise" .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .

Re: The difference a day makes

<ua9evb$3d7a3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=453&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#453

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:09:31 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 23:09 UTC

On 7/31/2023 3:45 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/26/2023 3:42 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>> On 7/24/23 7:11 AM, sticks wrote:
>>> Went east a few days ago and had 301 miles of crappy day on a
>>> motorcycle.  Hard to even explain why.  I thought I'd go east since
>>> the wife like to see Lake Michigan, but I avoid that direction and
>>> the congestion as much as possible.  Just seemed to be always in the
>>> wrong place, riding around idiots, and couldn't wait for the day to
>>> be over and get home.
>>>
>>> Yesterday, went west and had 375 perfect miles.  The rolling hills
>>> and rural areas of SW Wisconsin made for a great day.  It was just a
>>> perfect day riding with the wife and opposite of the ride before.  I
>>> wanted it to gone on indefinitely.  No GPS, I just knew where I
>>> wanted to go and we headed out.  Great temps, little traffic, not
>>> very much wind, and the sun even snuck behind the clouds at times to
>>> give a break from the sun.
>>>
>>> Good head clearing day.
>>
>> They always say in the movies, "Go West"
>>

>   Around here direction is moot . No large cities within a hundred
> miles and there are nice roads no matter which direction you choose . RE
> would call it "GON2L Paradise" .

Around here its similar except hot, flat, and straight. With a very few
very short exceptions there isn't much in the fun or even non
challenging fun in any direction. Atleast not unless you leave the
pavement. Okay, dodging potholes on the way to Golfo De Sta Claire (El
Golfo) can be a bit of a challenge... until the pavement runs out.
(Been a long time since I was down that way so it may have changed.)

None you all offered to buy a round, so I guess its on me. Shirely?
Set 'em up. As hot as it is I'll stick with cold beer.

Seriously, there is one curve in town that's kinda fun if you are not
averse to breaking the speed limit. If you do there is a tiny dip that
has made some less skilled riders stand up their bike and ride right
into a sign. They haven't moved the sign. I guess they figure it stops
them from hitting something else. There's one rode with a couple curves
south of town, but then its all section line roads.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

Re: The difference a day makes

<ua9kbp$3e0ln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=454&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#454

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 19:41:29 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 00:41 UTC

On 7/31/2023 6:09 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/31/2023 3:45 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> They always say in the movies, "Go West"
>>>

>>    Around here direction is moot . No large cities within a hundred
>> miles and there are nice roads no matter which direction you choose .
>> RE would call it "GON2L Paradise" .
>
> Around here its similar except hot, flat, and straight.  With a very few
> very short exceptions there isn't much in the fun or even non
> challenging fun in any direction.  Atleast not unless you leave the
> pavement.  Okay, dodging potholes on the way to Golfo De Sta Claire (El
> Golfo) can be a bit of a challenge... until the pavement runs out. (Been
> a long time since I was down that way so it may have changed.)
>
> None you all offered to buy a round, so I guess its on me.  Shirely? Set
> 'em up.  As hot as it is I'll stick with cold beer.
>
> Seriously, there is one curve in town that's kinda fun if you are not
> averse to breaking the speed limit.  If you do there is a tiny dip that
> has made some less skilled riders stand up their bike and ride right
> into a sign.  They haven't moved the sign.  I guess they figure it stops
> them from hitting something else.  There's one rode with a couple curves
> south of town, but then its all section line roads.

I learned about this area from Old Crow ... right here on the VB&G .
He told me "we got some pretty OK roads up here" . So the wife and I
came up for a visit , and the next thing ya know we're buying a chunk of
woods ten miles from town . And I haven't regretted it for a second .
Hay Shirley , get that case of Ezra I stashed in the cellar . It's
time for a good ol' party .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .
We protect them because they're important .

Re: The difference a day makes

<ua9pkd$3i7cl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=455&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#455

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:11:23 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 02:11 UTC

On 7/31/2023 7:41 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/31/2023 6:09 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>>    Around here direction is moot . No large cities within a hundred
>>> miles and there are nice roads no matter which direction you choose .
>>> RE would call it "GON2L Paradise" .
>>
>> Around here its similar except hot, flat, and straight.  With a very
>> few very short exceptions there isn't much in the fun or even non
>> challenging fun in any direction.  Atleast not unless you leave the
>> pavement.  Okay, dodging potholes on the way to Golfo De Sta Claire
>> (El Golfo) can be a bit of a challenge... until the pavement runs out.
>> (Been a long time since I was down that way so it may have changed.)
>>
>> None you all offered to buy a round, so I guess its on me.  Shirely?
>> Set 'em up.  As hot as it is I'll stick with cold beer.
>>
>> Seriously, there is one curve in town that's kinda fun if you are not
>> averse to breaking the speed limit.  If you do there is a tiny dip
>> that has made some less skilled riders stand up their bike and ride
>> right into a sign.  They haven't moved the sign.  I guess they figure
>> it stops them from hitting something else.  There's one rode with a
>> couple curves south of town, but then its all section line roads.
>>

>   I learned about this area from Old Crow ... right here on the VB&G .
> He told me "we got some pretty OK roads up here" . So the wife and I
> came up for a visit , and the next thing ya know we're buying a chunk of
> woods ten miles from town . And I haven't regretted it for a second .
>   Hay Shirley , get that case of Ezra I stashed in the cellar . It's
> time for a good ol' party .

I'll have some of that Ezra. My kinda party!

The part of where I live I struggle with here in Illinois, is that there
is a super majority of democrat controlled Chicago style politics here.
I loved going to Chicago when I was younger, but have to be hard pressed
to do so now. I live out in the country and it is night and day how we
live out here, and how the people who live in the congested urban areas
of this state do. Like different worlds.

I rode about 250 miles yesterday, all in Illinois which I rarely do.
Went just south along the border on a road called the Stagecoach Trail
up and through the Galena territories. Beautiful sweeping valleys and
hill country. South through Galena (no stops in that tourist trap) down
to Hanover via Blackjack Rd., and then on to Savannah on the
Mississippi, then back north through the hills and valleys on Scenic
Ridge Road that turns into Derinda and Massbach Roads. The people
living east in the big city refer to us as hicks and rubes and despise
us and the way people live out here. If it weren't for the laws they
are passing, I would probably be content here till I die. But as it
stands now, I think I will have to leave this state I grew up in and
find a more suitable place to live. I can afford the ridiculous taxes
they pass on everything, but when they tell me I can't own a certain
type of gun or I'll be a felon, I guess it's just time to move along.

Thanks for the drink!

Re: The difference a day makes

<acec0e16-3181-4257-b745-e78feca194dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=456&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#456

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 05:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: wallisc...@yahoo.com (Old_Crow)
 by: Old_Crow - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 12:51 UTC

On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 5:41:32 PM UTC-7, Snag wrote:
> On 7/31/2023 6:09 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

> >> Around here direction is moot . No large cities within a hundred
> >> miles and there are nice roads no matter which direction you choose .
> >> RE would call it "GON2L Paradise" .
> >
> > Around here its similar except hot, flat, and straight. With a very few
> > very short exceptions there isn't much in the fun or even non
> > challenging fun in any direction. Atleast not unless you leave the
> > pavement. Okay, dodging potholes on the way to Golfo De Sta Claire (El
> > Golfo) can be a bit of a challenge... until the pavement runs out. (Been
> > a long time since I was down that way so it may have changed.)
> >
> > None you all offered to buy a round, so I guess its on me. Shirely? Set
> > 'em up. As hot as it is I'll stick with cold beer.
> >
> > Seriously, there is one curve in town that's kinda fun if you are not
> > averse to breaking the speed limit. If you do there is a tiny dip that
> > has made some less skilled riders stand up their bike and ride right
> > into a sign. They haven't moved the sign. I guess they figure it stops
> > them from hitting something else. There's one rode with a couple curves
> > south of town, but then its all section line roads.
> >
> I learned about this area from Old Crow ... right here on the VB&G .
> He told me "we got some pretty OK roads up here" . So the wife and I
> came up for a visit , and the next thing ya know we're buying a chunk of
> woods ten miles from town . And I haven't regretted it for a second .
> Hay Shirley , get that case of Ezra I stashed in the cellar . It's
> time for a good ol' party .
> -

I remember that time that you, I and Lynn left Harrison on Hwy 7. Stopped near Dog Patch to take a smoke break and then continued down to Jasper. When we got there you said words to the effect of "You did that on purpose!". I had to hang my head in shame, because indeed l had done that on purpose..
Had almost the same conversation (but in reverse) with Lynn's cousin the time we took the Sportys out to Colorado and he took us on Skyline drive in Canon City late at night. We stopped at the top of the mountain to check out the city lights and after that we had to ride down the other side of the mountain. That Sporty of mine didn't have the best headlight, and the road was very dark...and very narrow.

Re: The difference a day makes

<uagg1d$qa5j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=457&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#457

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 10:10:35 -0500
 by: Snag - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 15:10 UTC

On 8/3/2023 7:51 AM, Old_Crow wrote:
> On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 5:41:32 PM UTC-7, Snag wrote:

>>> Around here its similar except hot, flat, and straight. With a very few
>>> very short exceptions there isn't much in the fun or even non
>>> challenging fun in any direction. Atleast not unless you leave the
>>> pavement. Okay, dodging potholes on the way to Golfo De Sta Claire (El
>>> Golfo) can be a bit of a challenge... until the pavement runs out. (Been
>>> a long time since I was down that way so it may have changed.)
>>>
>>> None you all offered to buy a round, so I guess its on me. Shirely? Set
>>> 'em up. As hot as it is I'll stick with cold beer.
>>>
>>> Seriously, there is one curve in town that's kinda fun if you are not
>>> averse to breaking the speed limit. If you do there is a tiny dip that
>>> has made some less skilled riders stand up their bike and ride right
>>> into a sign. They haven't moved the sign. I guess they figure it stops
>>> them from hitting something else. There's one rode with a couple curves
>>> south of town, but then its all section line roads.
>>>
>> I learned about this area from Old Crow ... right here on the VB&G .
>> He told me "we got some pretty OK roads up here" . So the wife and I
>> came up for a visit , and the next thing ya know we're buying a chunk of
>> woods ten miles from town . And I haven't regretted it for a second .
>> Hay Shirley , get that case of Ezra I stashed in the cellar . It's
>> time for a good ol' party .
>> -
>
> I remember that time that you, I and Lynn left Harrison on Hwy 7. Stopped near Dog Patch to take a smoke break and then continued down to Jasper. When we got there you said words to the effect of "You did that on purpose!". I had to hang my head in shame, because indeed l had done that on purpose.
> Had almost the same conversation (but in reverse) with Lynn's cousin the time we took the Sportys out to Colorado and he took us on Skyline drive in Canon City late at night. We stopped at the top of the mountain to check out the city lights and after that we had to ride down the other side of the mountain. That Sporty of mine didn't have the best headlight, and the road was very dark...and very narrow.

Wasn't that the weekend we spent at Table Rock Lake ? The one I
remember was that tight sweeper to the left into the bottom of a RAVINE
where it switched to the right at the bottom ... you and Lynn had been
over that road the day before going to somewhere , I was caught totally
unaware .
Speaking of dark , narrow , and twisty ... I rode AR 263 south from
our place in the dark one morning on my way to Memphis . A centerline
occasionally , that was a scary ride !
I see a lotta empty glasses , SHIRLEY !
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .
We protect them because they're important .

Re: The difference a day makes

<uaj9jk$1bgf5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=458&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#458

From: rickb...@gmail.com (Rick Begeman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 09:39:13 -0700
 by: Rick Begeman - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:39 UTC

On 8/3/23 8:10 AM, Snag wrote: about night riding

Reminds me of when we rode highway 49 south of Angels Camp and on a moon
lit night, turned our lights off.
--
Ironhead Rick

Re: The difference a day makes

<uajor7$1dmfl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=459&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#459

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 13:59:19 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 20:59 UTC

On 8/4/2023 9:39 AM, Rick Begeman wrote:
> On 8/3/23 8:10 AM, Snag wrote: about night riding
>
> Reminds me of when we rode highway 49 south of Angels Camp and on a moon
> lit night, turned our lights off.

I once limped to the rest area at the base of Telegraph Pass with a bad
alternator and a dying battery late one night on the Yammer Hammer. I
climbed the fence, walked to Ligurta Station to use the pay phone, and
call a buddy to bring my truck. He arrived and then cussed me out
because he had a women over and things were about to happen when I
called. I realized he was real buddy, because I'm pretty sure all my
other buddies would have made me wait. LOL.

I'll buy the next round to toast my buddy Larry who would throw a women
out of bed to come rescue me.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com

Re: The difference a day makes

<uak7t8$1fn4v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=460&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#460

From: rickb...@gmail.com (Rick Begeman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:16:24 -0700
 by: Rick Begeman - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 01:16 UTC

On 8/4/23 1:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 8/4/2023 9:39 AM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>> On 8/3/23 8:10 AM, Snag wrote: about night riding
>>
>> Reminds me of when we rode highway 49 south of Angels Camp and on a
>> moon lit night, turned our lights off.
>

> I once limped to the rest area at the base of Telegraph Pass with a bad
> alternator and a dying battery late one night on the Yammer Hammer.  I
> climbed the fence, walked to Ligurta Station to use the pay phone, and
> call a buddy to bring my truck.  He arrived and then cussed me out
> because he had a women over and things were about to happen when I
> called.  I realized he was real buddy, because I'm pretty sure all my
> other buddies would have made me wait.  LOL.
>
> I'll buy the next round to toast my buddy Larry who would throw a women
> out of bed to come rescue me.

Bro's before Ho's

--
Ironhead Rick

Re: The difference a day makes

<ualv50$1qemd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=462&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#462

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 09:59:09 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 16:59 UTC

On 8/4/2023 6:16 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
> On 8/4/23 1:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 8/4/2023 9:39 AM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>>> On 8/3/23 8:10 AM, Snag wrote: about night riding
>>>
>>> Reminds me of when we rode highway 49 south of Angels Camp and on a
>>> moon lit night, turned our lights off.
>>

>> I once limped to the rest area at the base of Telegraph Pass with a
>> bad alternator and a dying battery late one night on the Yammer
>> Hammer.  I climbed the fence, walked to Ligurta Station to use the pay
>> phone, and call a buddy to bring my truck.  He arrived and then cussed
>> me out because he had a women over and things were about to happen
>> when I called.  I realized he was real buddy, because I'm pretty sure
>> all my other buddies would have made me wait.  LOL.
>>
>> I'll buy the next round to toast my buddy Larry who would throw a
>> women out of bed to come rescue me.
>>

> Bro's before Ho's

Its funny really. She was number three or four on a list of ten. He
had been complaining he couldn't pick up women. I bet him a hundred
dollars if he just asked ten women out five off them would go out with
him and atleast one would try to sleep with him without him trying to
sleep with them. The rules were simple. It couldn't be anybody he had
been turned down by in the past. They couldn't have a boyfriend or a
husband, or to have professed to be a lesbian. I said they could be
stunningly beautiful, ugly, fat, skinny, hot or not. It didn't matter.
They just have to be somebody he would want to go out with. If you get
turned down just move on. If you get a rain check just move on. If
they are still interested they will come to you. By his own admission
every single women he asked went out with him, and more than a couple
tried to sleep with him. He married number 9. Hmmm... I still ain't
got my hundred bucks.

Me? I married the woman who bought me a Superglide. No really.

Sorry about the tangent guys I got one more round here. The moonlight
ride got me to thinking about night rides good and bad. Like catching a
bullet and running 90-100 most of the way from Dateland to Phoenix on
the freeway late at night after work. Getting road locked with my
vision shrinking coming back from Tahoe in the wee hours. Having to
pull over more than once because the rising sun was making it hard to see.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
real machinist

www.avg.com

Re: The difference a day makes

<5277d6df-1000-4af7-a184-c9e345395ab6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=469&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#469

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 05:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: wallisc...@yahoo.com (Old_Crow)
 by: Old_Crow - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:56 UTC

On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 8:10:41 AM UTC-7, Snag wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 7:51 AM, Old_Crow wrote:

> >> I learned about this area from Old Crow ... right here on the VB&G .
> >> He told me "we got some pretty OK roads up here" . So the wife and I
> >> came up for a visit , and the next thing ya know we're buying a chunk of
> >> woods ten miles from town . And I haven't regretted it for a second .
> >> Hay Shirley , get that case of Ezra I stashed in the cellar . It's
> >> time for a good ol' party .
> >> -
> >
> > I remember that time that you, I and Lynn left Harrison on Hwy 7. Stopped near Dog Patch to take a smoke break and then continued down to Jasper. When we got there you said words to the effect of "You did that on purpose!". I had to hang my head in shame, because indeed l had done that on purpose.
> > Had almost the same conversation (but in reverse) with Lynn's cousin the time we took the Sportys out to Colorado and he took us on Skyline drive in Canon City late at night. We stopped at the top of the mountain to check out the city lights and after that we had to ride down the other side of the mountain. That Sporty of mine didn't have the best headlight, and the road was very dark...and very narrow.
> >
> Wasn't that the weekend we spent at Table Rock Lake ? The one I
> remember was that tight sweeper to the left into the bottom of a RAVINE
> where it switched to the right at the bottom ... you and Lynn had been
> over that road the day before going to somewhere , I was caught totally
> unaware .
> Speaking of dark , narrow , and twisty ... I rode AR 263 south from
> our place in the dark one morning on my way to Memphis . A centerline
> occasionally , that was a scary ride !
> I see a lotta empty glasses , SHIRLEY !
> --
> Snag
> Men don't protect women because they're weak .
> We protect them because they're important .

All I remember about the weekend at Table Rock Lake is when we rode up to that viewpoint on Sunday and you got in trouble when we got back because Brenda had to pack the camping gear in the car while we were out riding. That, and drinking my first SNPA courtesy of Ivan #6.