Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 09:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches record 12th mission, lands on ship at sea
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-launch-falcon-9-12th-flight

The launch was clearly visible here in South Western Florida last night, starting less than a minute after lift off. We're about 140 nautical miles away but skies were very clear. I'm really looking forward to being able to deploy one of their Starlink internet terminals on our trawler but it will probably be at least another year or so.

Re: SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches record 12th mission, lands on ship at sea

<5LqdnbYmjN0Bg6v_nZ2dnUU7-S_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4663&group=rec.boats#4663

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:19:01 -0400
Subject: Re: SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches record 12th mission, lands on
ship at sea
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 18:19 UTC

On 3/19/2022 12:49 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-launch-falcon-9-12th-flight
>
> The launch was clearly visible here in South Western Florida last night, starting less than a minute after lift off. We're about 140 nautical miles away but skies were very clear. I'm really looking forward to being able to deploy one of their Starlink internet terminals on our trawler but it will probably be at least another year or so.

Took me to hear it twice when she said, "Just Read the Instructions" to
realize that was the name of the converted barge the first stage landed
on. SpaceX has two others ... "A Shortfall of Gravitas" and
"Of Course I Still Love You". Elon Musk certainly has a sense of humor.

Still blows my mind that they can land those first stages so
successfully now. I remember the first few tries were a flop
but SpaceX called them "learning experiences".

I wonder how "Starman" is doing in the Tesla that was launched
4 years ago. According to the website (below) the 36,000 mile
warranty on the car has long expired having traveled over
2,022,718,631 miles when I just checked.

<https://www.whereisroadster.com/>

https://www.avg.com