Don't make a big deal out of everything; just deal with everything.

interests / soc.genealogy.medieval / Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

SubjectAuthor
* Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Johnny Brananas
+* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.pj.ev...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Johnny Brananas
| `* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Johnny Brananas
|  `* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Johnny Brananas
|   `- Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.pj.ev...@gmail.com
+* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Andrew Z
+- Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.kir...@comcast.net
+* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.kir...@comcast.net
|`- Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.JBrand
`* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.Will Johnson
 `* Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.JBrand
  `- Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.JBrand

1
Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<eb8842ae-7127-4d75-91b2-aa99e86970bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4740&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4740

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:12 UTC

Gary Boyd Roberts' _RD 900_ contains a line for the Izard family of SC based on a recommendation from me.

A claim for the colonial connection occurs in _Survey of London: Volume 17, the Parish of St. Pancras, Part 1: the Village of Highgate_ (London County Council, London, 1936).

"This [cottage known as 'Andrew Marvell's cottage'] must have been the house assessed in the Hearth Tax Rolls in 1662–75 at seven hearths, and occupied by George Pryor, esquire, a London merchant. He acquired the southern portion of the Cholmeley estate (see p. 24) in 1641, when William Cholmeley, esquire, surrendered to him conditionally a messuage in Highgate with a barn, garden, orchard and field of four acres, and a yard adjoining the barn aforesaid, late in the tenure of Whorewood, and a barn and barnyard near adjacent, late in the tenure of Paker. The surrender became absolute in 1647, and the equity of redemption was finally released in 1658 by William Cholmeley, late of Highgate, esquire, only son of Edward Cholmeley, and grandchild and heir of William Cholmeley, late of Highgate, deceased. The estate included the four houses shown in the hearth tax return as occupied by George Pryor, Major Thomas Gunstone, Robert Lea and Paul Sindery (afterwards Mr. Felkin).
Dorothy, a daughter of George Pryor, was buried at Highgate on 29th August, 1644. Pryor was elected a Governor of the Grammar School on 5th June, 1658, and lived here until he died at the age of 80. (fn. 21) The three daughters of George Pryor were married to three brothers, viz. (1) Mary to Charles Izard of London, (2) Martha to Richard Izard, citizen and grocer of London, and (3) Elizabeth to Ralph Izard of London, grocer. Ralph Izard and Elizabeth had three sons, (1) Ralph Izard, whose wife was Dorothy, afterwards of Charlestown, South Carolina, (2) Benjamin Izard, whose wife was named Elizabeth, also later of Charlestown, and (3) George Izard of London, gentleman. The family was afterwards of considerable note in America. These three sisters had a brother, Charles Pryor of Edmonton, who married Mary, daughter of Jeremiah Richardson and widow of Thomas Hollier, who died on 23rd May, 1700, leaving a son George Pryor. Miss Mary Richardson, after she became Mrs. Pryor, inherited from her father in 1678, property on the opposite side of the road, in Hornsey, including Northgate House, No. 130, and Ivy House, No. 128, Highgate Hill, two beautiful houses which happily still remain. (fn. 22)
George Pryor's dwelling house passed under his will to his daughter, Martha, the wife of Richard Izard, citizen and grocer of London, by whom it was conveyed in 1681 to Ann Morgan, late of Southwark, widow, with remainder to Thomas and John, sons of Thomas Morgan, late citizen and grocer, deceased."

https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vol17/pt1/pp7-18

Note the statement that the three Pryor daughters, Mary, Martha, and Elizabeth Pryor, had married respectively to three Izard brothers, Charles, Richard, and Ralph Izard of London. Also, the statement that two sons of Ralph and Elizabeth (Pryor) Izard were the Izards later in Charlestown, S.C.

With the knowledge that the Izard _vel_ Izode family also had a third alias, Shillingford, we can consult the 1634 Oxford Visitation pedigree of Shillingford (or Izard), which shows two of the sibling marriages (Ralph Izard m.. Elizabeth Pryor, and Charles Izard m. Mary Pryor).

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Visitations_of_Oxfordshire_1574_1634_and/vE5bAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=pryor+highgate+izode&pg=PA30&printsec=frontcover

The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."

The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford

"Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<beb8829e-7036-412f-85d0-0f6a57204d9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4741&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4741

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: pj.evan...@gmail.com (pj.ev...@gmail.com)
 by: pj.ev...@gmail.com - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:40 UTC

On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 11:13:00 AM UTC-7, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/Visitations_of_Oxfordshire_1574_1634_and/vE5bAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=pryor+highgate+izode&pg=PA30&printsec=frontcover
>
> The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."
>
> The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.
>
> https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford
>
> "Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.

Martha Cave married John Newdigate, son of John Newdigate and Anne Cheney.

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<0b0c1b5f-f6cb-45df-b19d-90ad40b7089fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4742&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4742

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 03:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: azwind...@gmail.com (Andrew Z)
 by: Andrew Z - Sat, 14 May 2022 10:31 UTC

On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 2:13:00 PM UTC-4, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:

> The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."

Very interesting, thank you for sharing this. I wonder if there is any connection to the Izod of family of Gloucestershire, as well as county Kilkenny and what would the exact link between the three branches be.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/5721c860-798f-4352-b007-9d0419af1bc3

https://archive.org/details/genealogicalhera01byuburk/page/858/mode/1up?view=theater

All the best!

Andrew

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<3d2c1bf3-0420-4235-8177-79e9ce81a17en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4750&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4750

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Sun, 15 May 2022 21:57 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 6:31:02 AM UTC-4, Andrew Z wrote:
> On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 2:13:00 PM UTC-4, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."
> Very interesting, thank you for sharing this. I wonder if there is any connection to the Izod of family of Gloucestershire, as well as county Kilkenny and what would the exact link between the three branches be.
>
> https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/5721c860-798f-4352-b007-9d0419af1bc3
>
> https://archive.org/details/genealogicalhera01byuburk/page/858/mode/1up?view=theater
>
> All the best!
>
> Andrew

Sorry, not sure about any Gloucestershire or Ireland branches ...

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<453447fb-977c-4991-bfa9-0d2fb0408ae4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4768&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4768

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 15:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: kirk...@comcast.net (kir...@comcast.net)
 by: kir...@comcast.net - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:10 UTC

> [...]
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/Visitations_of_Oxfordshire_1574_1634_and/vE5bAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=pryor+highgate+izode&pg=PA30&printsec=frontcover
>
> The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."
>
> The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.
>
> https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford
>
> "Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<a2d54605-eab9-4ae4-ac58-2f23fd1d5ae0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4770&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4770

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 15:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: kirk...@comcast.net (kir...@comcast.net)
 by: kir...@comcast.net - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:24 UTC

I found this posting regarding the Izard family of S.C. to be very interesting. I'm wondering if the S.C. family is related to the Izard family of Virginia?

I have an Ann Izard married to (1) John Feneryear in 1669 in Isle of Wight County, VA. She is identified as the daughter of Richard Izard. Ann married (2) Michael Fulgham in 1670--also in Isle of Wight County, VA.

My source for this is "Marriages of Isle of Wight County, Virginia, 1628-1800," by Blanche Adams Chapman, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1982. Pages 17 and 18.

I have seen an undocumented reference to Richard as Richard II.

I noted a reference to Richard Izard--a grocer-- in your posting, and also in the visitation you referenced. Has your research found anything further on Richard the Grocer that might suggest a link to the Izard family in Virginia?

Gordon Kirkemo

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<2beb3e25-208d-4a56-b647-ebe485a14311n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4773&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4773

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 05:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Tue, 17 May 2022 12:30 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6:24:46 PM UTC-4, kir...@comcast.net wrote:
> I found this posting regarding the Izard family of S.C. to be very interesting. I'm wondering if the S.C. family is related to the Izard family of Virginia?
>
> I have an Ann Izard married to (1) John Feneryear in 1669 in Isle of Wight County, VA. She is identified as the daughter of Richard Izard. Ann married (2) Michael Fulgham in 1670--also in Isle of Wight County, VA.
>
> My source for this is "Marriages of Isle of Wight County, Virginia, 1628-1800," by Blanche Adams Chapman, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1982. Pages 17 and 18.
>
> I have seen an undocumented reference to Richard as Richard II.
>
> I noted a reference to Richard Izard--a grocer-- in your posting, and also in the visitation you referenced. Has your research found anything further on Richard the Grocer that might suggest a link to the Izard family in Virginia?
>
> Gordon Kirkemo

Sorry, I'm not sure about any connection to Virginia. A grocer of London was usually a somewhat substantial person in the period, and the Izards in SC were fairly wealthy. So checking the social status of the Virginia Izards may help.

I wonder if John "Feneryear" above sometimes went by "Feveryear?"

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<20b572bd-ff7e-4567-a222-d8ffe25324a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4795&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4795

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 14:14:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Thu, 19 May 2022 21:14 UTC

On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 2:40:22 PM UTC-4, pj.ev...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw.., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."
> >
> > The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.
> >
> > https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford
> >
> > "Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.
> Martha Cave married John Newdigate, son of John Newdigate and Anne Cheney..

Visitation of Bucks., 1634, apparently agrees she was Mary, a daughter of Sir Robert Cheyney/ Cheney of Chesham Bois, Bucks., by his second wife Mary Sylam of Bedfordshire.

https://archive.org/details/visitationofcoun5859byuphil/page/152/mode/2up

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<f6d7e947-2dc4-4887-821e-56d9068825a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4799&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4799

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 07:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Fri, 20 May 2022 14:04 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:14:31 PM UTC-4, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.
> > >
> > > https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford
> > >
> > > "Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.
> > Martha Cave married John Newdigate, son of John Newdigate and Anne Cheney.
> Visitation of Bucks., 1634, apparently agrees she was Mary, a daughter of Sir Robert Cheyney/ Cheney of Chesham Bois, Bucks., by his second wife Mary Sylam of Bedfordshire.

Interesting statement about Sir Robert Cheyney's mother Margaret: "She was breding 23 Oct. 33 H. 8 [1543]." She was "buried in" ? She was "breathing" ? (I think 1543 would have been far past her childbearing years.)

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<d8464c7b-a344-4705-a388-abaef96d5b2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4800&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4800

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 07:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: ravinmav...@yahoo.com (Johnny Brananas)
 by: Johnny Brananas - Fri, 20 May 2022 14:34 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 10:04:32 AM UTC-4, Johnny Brananas wrote:
> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:14:31 PM UTC-4, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > Martha Cave married John Newdigate, son of John Newdigate and Anne Cheney.
> > Visitation of Bucks., 1634, apparently agrees she was Mary, a daughter of Sir Robert Cheyney/ Cheney of Chesham Bois, Bucks., by his second wife Mary Sylam of Bedfordshire.
> >
> > https://archive.org/details/visitationofcoun5859byuphil/page/152/mode/2up
> Interesting statement about Sir Robert Cheyney's mother Margaret: "She was breding 23 Oct. 33 H. 8 [1543]." She was "buried in" ? She was "breathing" ? (I think 1543 would have been far past her childbearing years.)

John Newdigate and Martha Cave were apparently step-siblings:

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015001520496&view=1up&seq=81&skin=2021&q1=izard

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<9698bae3-ed05-4d56-bc34-b56d24baab10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4801&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4801

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 07:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: pj.evan...@gmail.com (pj.ev...@gmail.com)
 by: pj.ev...@gmail.com - Fri, 20 May 2022 14:39 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 7:34:32 AM UTC-7, ravinma...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 10:04:32 AM UTC-4, Johnny Brananas wrote:

> > > Visitation of Bucks., 1634, apparently agrees she was Mary, a daughter of Sir Robert Cheyney/ Cheney of Chesham Bois, Bucks., by his second wife Mary Sylam of Bedfordshire.
> > >
> > > https://archive.org/details/visitationofcoun5859byuphil/page/152/mode/2up
> > Interesting statement about Sir Robert Cheyney's mother Margaret: "She was breding 23 Oct. 33 H. 8 [1543]." She was "buried in" ? She was "breathing" ? (I think 1543 would have been far past her childbearing years.)
> John Newdigate and Martha Cave were apparently step-siblings:
>
> https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015001520496&view=1up&seq=81&skin=2021&q1=izard

Also found in "Genealogical Memoirs of the Extinct Family of Chester of Chicheley"

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<fba92179-e98e-450f-a0e3-ea2e6379e7e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4815&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4815

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 08:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: wjhonson...@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Sun, 22 May 2022 15:24 UTC

> [...]
>
> https://www.google.com/books/edition/Visitations_of_Oxfordshire_1574_1634_and/vE5bAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=pryor+highgate+izode&pg=PA30&printsec=frontcover
>
> The wife of Edmund Shillingford alias Izode alias Izard, ancestral to these people, is shown as "Grisell, d. of ___ Newdigate, of Arbury, co. Warw., by ___, d. & coh. of Anthony Cave."
>
> The Newdigate family, from which comes the royal descent, is taken back in _The visitation of the county of Warwick begun by Thomas May, Chester, and Gregory King, Rouge Dragon, in Hilary vacacon, 1682_, p. 34.
>
> https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000023822498&view=1up&seq=50&skin=2021&q1=shillingford
>
> "Griswold [Newdigate], w: of ___ Izard alias Shillingford" was descended from families of Cave of Stamford, Cheney of Chesham Bois, and Neville of Rolleston.

Could you give some of the royal line?
I don't have a royal line behind Grisell (Newdigate) Shillingford

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<c1ba0c27-6715-4053-93fa-91f44604fd6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4823&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4823

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Mon, 23 May 2022 22:41 UTC

On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 11:24:45 AM UTC-4, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
> Could you give some of the royal line?
> I don't have a royal line behind Grisell (Newdigate) Shillingford

Gary Boyd Roberts, _RD 900_, 1:715-17, gives:

William I the Lion, King of Scotland
(illegit. by a daughter of Richard Avenel) Isabel of Scotland = Robert de Ros, Magna Carta surety
Sir William de Ros = Lucy FitzPiers
Sir Robert de Ros = Isabel d'Aubigny
William de Ros, 1st Baron Ros = Maud Vaux
William de Ros, 2nd Baron Ros = Margery de Badlesmere
Maud de Ros = John de Welles, 4th Baron Welles
Margery de Ros = Stephen le Scrope, 2nd Baron Scrope
Maud le Scrope = Sir Baldwin Freville
Margaret Freville = Sir Hugh Willoughby
Isabel Willoughby = Philip Boteler
John Boteler = Constance Vane
Elizabeth Boteler = Thomas Lovett
Thomas Lovett = Anne Danvers
Elizabeth Lovett = Anthony Cave
Martha Cave = John Newdigate, etc.

Re: Fuller proof of the royal descent for Izard of S.C.

<31385c9d-18d3-4ad7-b183-1fed7b183284n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4824&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#4824

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: starbuc...@hotmail.com (JBrand)
 by: JBrand - Mon, 23 May 2022 22:49 UTC

On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 6:41:06 PM UTC-4, JBrand wrote:
> On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 11:24:45 AM UTC-4, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Could you give some of the royal line?
> > I don't have a royal line behind Grisell (Newdigate) Shillingford
> Gary Boyd Roberts, _RD 900_, 1:715-17, gives:
>
> William I the Lion, King of Scotland
> (illegit. by a daughter of Richard Avenel) Isabel of Scotland = Robert de Ros, Magna Carta surety
> Sir William de Ros = Lucy FitzPiers
> Sir Robert de Ros = Isabel d'Aubigny
> William de Ros, 1st Baron Ros = Maud Vaux
> William de Ros, 2nd Baron Ros = Margery de Badlesmere
> Maud de Ros = John de Welles, 4th Baron Welles
> Margery de Ros = Stephen le Scrope, 2nd Baron Scrope
> Maud le Scrope = Sir Baldwin Freville
> Margaret Freville = Sir Hugh Willoughby
> Isabel Willoughby = Philip Boteler
> John Boteler = Constance Vane
> Elizabeth Boteler = Thomas Lovett
> Thomas Lovett = Anne Danvers
> Elizabeth Lovett = Anthony Cave
> Martha Cave = John Newdigate, etc.

Or, rather, the wife of Stephen LeScrope was Margery "de Welles," not de Ros.