If you aren't rich you should always look useful. -- Louis-Ferdinand Celine

interests / rec.boats / Boats going green

SubjectAuthor
* Boats going greenjustan
`* Re: Boats going greenTrue North
 +- Re: Boats going greenjustan
 +* Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 |+* Re: Boats going greenwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
 ||`* Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 || +- Re: Boats going greenBill
 || `- Re: Boats going greenMr. Luddite
 |`* Re: Boats going greenMr. Luddite
 | +- Re: Boats going greenBill
 | `* Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 |  `* Re: Boats going greenMr. Luddite
 |   +* Re: Boats going greenwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
 |   |`* Re: Boats going greenBill
 |   | `* Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 |   |  `* Re: Boats going greenBill
 |   |   `* Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 |   |    `- Re: Boats going greenBill
 |   `- Re: Boats going greengfretwell
 `* Re: Boats going greenJohn H
  `* Re: Boats going greenTrue North
   +- Re: Boats going greenBill
   +- Re: Boats going greenjustan
   `- Re: Boats going greenJohn H

1
Boats going green

<TSL1K.528659$7F2.231989@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4777&group=rec.boats#4777

From: me...@myplace.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Boats going green
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 23:26:43 GMT
 by: justan - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:26 UTC

Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
Think of all the precious fuel we would save.

Re: Boats going green

<82e3849c-b68a-4df1-9ae2-82587cc9c723n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4778&group=rec.boats#4778

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Boats going green
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:37 UTC

On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.

Bingo!
I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.

Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.

Re: Boats going green

<xfM1K.41002$j_.23199@fx29.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4779&group=rec.boats#4779

From: me...@myplace.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 23:53:01 GMT
 by: justan - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:53 UTC

On 4/1/22 7:37 PM, True North wrote:
>On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
>> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
>> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
>
>Bingo!
>I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>
>Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.

I think you have the right idea.. Instead of hauling around the equivelant
of 9 cars, be satisfied draggin around miniature versions of the toys you
really want.

Re: Boats going green

<ck3h4h96884aodi70k6rf0jn646m3k8hqo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4780&group=rec.boats#4780

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 14:08:00 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 18:08 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
>> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
>> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
>
>Bingo!
>I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>
>Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.

The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
deliver them.
The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
charge them will come from.
The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.

Re: Boats going green

<21b3ceb6-3f8a-48c2-8125-439fe7afff83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4781&group=rec.boats#4781

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 13:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 20:45 UTC

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 2:08:27 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
> >> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
> >> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
> >
> >Bingo!
> >I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
> >
> >Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
> deliver them.
> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
> charge them will come from.
> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.

==
Here in the southern states there's a good case to be made for rooftop solar combined with lithium battery banks and inverters. That requires no new transmission lines at all. I'd consider buying an electric car if they had one with either a 600 mile range or a really fast recharge time, maybe the time of a quick lunch.

Many of the best wind farm sites are in rural areas where rights of way are relatively easy to negotiate. Europe, which tends to have greater population density than the United States, is going all in on wind farms. I haven't heard of any transmission line issues there.

Re: Boats going green

<78sh4hl49k67u0kfssv5ki0otkt4k9rkto@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4782&group=rec.boats#4782

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 22:01:22 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 02:01 UTC

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 13:45:48 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 2:08:27 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Bingo!
>> >I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>> >
>> >Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
>> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
>> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
>> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
>> deliver them.
>> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
>> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
>> charge them will come from.
>> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
>> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
>> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.
>
>===
>
>Here in the southern states there's a good case to be made for rooftop solar combined with lithium battery banks and inverters. That requires no new transmission lines at all. I'd consider buying an electric car if they had one with either a 600 mile range or a really fast recharge time, maybe the time of a quick lunch.

These schemes end up being welfare for the rich. The current fight
about net metering is a great example. Folks who can afford a 5 figure
installation on the roof want FPL to pay them full retail rates for
excess power and let the less fortunate fund maintaining the grid and
the administration costs. They also expect tax payer subsidies to
install their solar and pay for $8,000 of their Tesla..
You do have a point tho, without batteries, we still need the grid,
particularly if we are charging EVs that will not be home when the sun
is shining.
Batteries will be about $20k if a Tesla is any indication and they
last about 8 years. Again, it is a rich person's toy subsidized by
those who can't afford it.
Do we know how insurance companies will feel about solar after the
next big one? That might be a show stopper far all but those who can
afford to just walk away from a $15-20k loss.

>Many of the best wind farm sites are in rural areas where rights of way are relatively easy to negotiate.

As for right of way space, you can't be that sanguine about that being
so easy either. Those goobers are far more likely to believe the
rumors about the dangers of power lines.

>Europe, which tends to have greater population density than the United States, is going all in on wind farms. I haven't heard of >any transmission line issues there.

This isn't Europe. We seem to take property rights more seriously. You
are also talking about much longer transmission lines. At a certain
point I2R losses start eating into your transmission capacity. It is
no accident that generating plants are close to the users.
I am sure we will come up with an answer eventually but it is probably
not going to involve current technology, at least not at a price we
will be willing to pay.

Re: Boats going green

<t2b3ht$en4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4783&group=rec.boats#4783

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 03:16:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:tBhJcqlD32Dae+pw9O3ycyhSJ7E=
 by: Bill - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 03:16 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Many of the best wind farm sites are in rural areas where rights of way
>> are relatively easy to negotiate.
>
> As for right of way space, you can't be that sanguine about that being
> so easy either. Those goobers are far more likely to believe the
> rumors about the dangers of power lines.
>
>> Europe, which tends to have greater population density than the United
>> States, is going all in on wind farms. I haven't heard of >any
>> transmission line issues there.
>
> This isn't Europe. We seem to take property rights more seriously. You
> are also talking about much longer transmission lines. At a certain
> point I2R losses start eating into your transmission capacity. It is
> no accident that generating plants are close to the users.
> I am sure we will come up with an answer eventually but it is probably
> not going to involve current technology, at least not at a price we

We used to have about 3% power line loss. Now, I understand it is in the
9% range, as lots more power being fed through those same lines. You are
correct about net metering. My electric bill is $10 a month, that is a
grid connection fee. They true up my bill in December, if my roof top
panels generate less power than I used. Does not seem to be a factor for
me. All through winter, my true up has been zero. You going to charge
you car from your battery bank? It has to be quite a bit larger than the
car battery, as there are losses in the conversion.

Re: Boats going green

<sr-dnQ_5mr29G9T_nZ2dnUU7-UnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4784&group=rec.boats#4784

Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:33:52 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 11:33 UTC

On 4/2/2022 2:08 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
> <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
>>> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
>>> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
>>
>> Bingo!
>> I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>>
>> Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>
> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
> deliver them.
> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
> charge them will come from.
> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.

This company appears to be picking up where
Nikola Tesla left off:

<https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>

https://www.avg.com

Re: Boats going green

<sr-dnQ75mr05G9T_nZ2dnUU7-UmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4785&group=rec.boats#4785

Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:36:05 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 11:36 UTC

Where is Nikola Tesla when we need him?

https://www.avg.com

Re: Boats going green

<t2cck2$ddl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4786&group=rec.boats#4786

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 14:57:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/SZvVR2m95nQPSNM1pZ4fIPWTIo=
 by: Bill - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 14:57 UTC

Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/2022 2:08 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bingo!
>>> I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal
>>> combustion engines.
>>>
>>> Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>>
>> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
>> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
>> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
>> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
>> deliver them.
>> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
>> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
>> charge them will come from.
>> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
>> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
>> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.
>>

> This company appears to be picking up where
> Nikola Tesla left off:
>

> <https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>

We still have to generate the power. And since nuclear is dead. . .

Re: Boats going green

<qbgj4hlqfq3hciacgro0qe23obaunqvv8q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4787&group=rec.boats#4787

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 12:33:28 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 16:33 UTC

On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:33:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 4/2/2022 2:08 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bingo!
>>> I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>>>
>>> Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>>
>> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
>> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
>> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
>> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
>> deliver them.
>> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
>> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
>> charge them will come from.
>> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
>> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
>> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.
>>

>This company appears to be picking up where
>Nikola Tesla left off:
>

><https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>

Yeah, Nobody has ever said radiated RF was dangerous ;-)

There are people with their panties in a knot over the VLF radiation
coming from a balanced 3 phase transmission line. Imagine what they
would say about a multi megawatt transmission antenna radiating power
over your lot.

Re: Boats going green

<h-6dnS-iMYTORdT_nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4788&group=rec.boats#4788

Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:24:36 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 17:24 UTC

On 4/3/2022 12:33 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:33:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/2/2022 2:08 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>>> The big pickups are just the result of government meddling in the
>>> market place. They mandate a certain CAFE but they exempt large trucks
>>> so the manufacturers build more trucks, where the profit is, to
>>> subsidize the econoboxes, that barely support the price it costs to
>>> deliver them.
>>> The current dream is that we will embrace EVs and drive up the CAFE to
>>> 40MPG but they still haven't figured out where the electricity to
>>> charge them will come from.
>>> The same greenies who want solar and wind farms will fight tooth and
>>> nail against building the transmission lines that bring that power to
>>> where it is needed and those rights of way don't exist now.
>>>

>> This company appears to be picking up where
>> Nikola Tesla left off:
>>

>> <https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>
>
> Yeah, Nobody has ever said radiated RF was dangerous ;-)
>
> There are people with their panties in a knot over the VLF radiation
> coming from a balanced 3 phase transmission line. Imagine what they
> would say about a multi megawatt transmission antenna radiating power
> over your lot.

Probably descendants of those who said man could never fly.

Personally, I think we are more in danger of RF radiation due
to cell phones.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Boats going green

<94144622-92f3-486d-b4b2-58f9cbbe1e72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4789&group=rec.boats#4789

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 11:36:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 18:36 UTC

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 1:24:42 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
> On 4/3/2022 12:33 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:33:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
> > wrote:

> >> This company appears to be picking up where
> >> Nikola Tesla left off:
> >>

> >> <https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>
> >
> > Yeah, Nobody has ever said radiated RF was dangerous ;-)
> >
> > There are people with their panties in a knot over the VLF radiation
> > coming from a balanced 3 phase transmission line. Imagine what they
> > would say about a multi megawatt transmission antenna radiating power
> > over your lot.
> Probably descendants of those who said man could never fly.
>
> Personally, I think we are more in danger of RF radiation due
> to cell phones.
> --

===

Not to mention leaky microwave ovens. I have personally experienced microwave ovens that leaked enough radiation to kill WiFi reception and BlueTooth connectivity. I don't think it's that uncommon.

Re: Boats going green

<38uk4h15up15quj7vpi2prfofh7iu0jovm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4791&group=rec.boats#4791

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 00:57:05 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 04:57 UTC

On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:24:36 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 4/3/2022 12:33 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:33:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
>> wrote:

>>> This company appears to be picking up where
>>> Nikola Tesla left off:
>>>

>>> <https://emrod.energy/emrod-vs-teslas-long-range-wireless-power-technology/>
>>
>> Yeah, Nobody has ever said radiated RF was dangerous ;-)
>>
>> There are people with their panties in a knot over the VLF radiation
>> coming from a balanced 3 phase transmission line. Imagine what they
>> would say about a multi megawatt transmission antenna radiating power
>> over your lot.
>
>Probably descendants of those who said man could never fly.
>
>Personally, I think we are more in danger of RF radiation due
>to cell phones.

It is a different type of radiation with different effects but I will
say up near the 230k power line behind my house my gauss meter really
hums. I don't remember the numbers off hand but it is about 20x what
it is if I am in the park away from anything electrical. It is also
quite a bit higher than under the single phase 13kv distribution line
that runs from transformer to transformer.

There are also lots of radiators around the house and my meter doesn't
even see RF.

Some day I might actually put numbers to all of that and do a real
survey. I played with the meter for about a half hour and decided I
had more important things to worry about.

Re: Boats going green

<t2f6v8$kdu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4796&group=rec.boats#4796

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:39:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+kBIH3otN47xvOL7eQBSuDMFvGs=
 by: Bill - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:39 UTC

waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 1:24:42 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
>> On 4/3/2022 12:33 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>>> Yeah, Nobody has ever said radiated RF was dangerous ;-)
>>>
>>> There are people with their panties in a knot over the VLF radiation
>>> coming from a balanced 3 phase transmission line. Imagine what they
>>> would say about a multi megawatt transmission antenna radiating power
>>> over your lot.
>> Probably descendants of those who said man could never fly.
>>
>> Personally, I think we are more in danger of RF radiation due
>> to cell phones.
>> --
>
> ===
>
> Not to mention leaky microwave ovens. I have personally experienced
> microwave ovens that leaked enough radiation to kill WiFi reception and
> BlueTooth connectivity. I don't think it's that uncommon.

Maybe if the get power transmission problems cured, the space based solar
array makes sense.

Re: Boats going green

<ih8m4hh659kfha10mkmpj10ub1k4k2qtcn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4799&group=rec.boats#4799

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:56:28 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:56 UTC

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:39:04 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

>waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Probably descendants of those who said man could never fly.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think we are more in danger of RF radiation due
>>> to cell phones.
>>> --
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Not to mention leaky microwave ovens. I have personally experienced
>> microwave ovens that leaked enough radiation to kill WiFi reception and
>> BlueTooth connectivity. I don't think it's that uncommon.
>>

>Maybe if the get power transmission problems cured, the space based solar
>array makes sense.

They still have not explained how you can have several megawatts
coming down in an RF beam and not be a hazard.
In a world where a significant part of the population thinks we are
being poisoned by lots of stuff, I think this is a non-starter. Anyone
who got cancer within 100 miles of the ground station would be calling
Morgan and Morgan.

Re: Boats going green

<t2gbqf$p1d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4810&group=rec.boats#4810

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 03:07:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:bj3i5+IFvhEDnNohJuFvjlt6IqA=
 by: Bill - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 03:07 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:39:04 -0000 (UTC), Bill
> <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> Not to mention leaky microwave ovens. I have personally experienced
>>> microwave ovens that leaked enough radiation to kill WiFi reception and
>>> BlueTooth connectivity. I don't think it's that uncommon.
>>>

>> Maybe if the get power transmission problems cured, the space based solar
>> array makes sense.
>
> They still have not explained how you can have several megawatts
> coming down in an RF beam and not be a hazard.
> In a world where a significant part of the population thinks we are
> being poisoned by lots of stuff, I think this is a non-starter. Anyone
> who got cancer within 100 miles of the ground station would be calling
> Morgan and Morgan.

Part of the problems they need to cure. ;)

Re: Boats going green

<m3gn4h1322a8j9pu6o597r5v874ubf9jo2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4811&group=rec.boats#4811

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 00:35:45 -0400
References: <TSL1K.528659$7F2.231989@fx12.iad> <82e3849c-b68a-4df1-9ae2-82587cc9c723n@googlegroups.com> <ck3h4h96884aodi70k6rf0jn646m3k8hqo@4ax.com> <sr-dnQ_5mr29G9T_nZ2dnUU7-UnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <qbgj4hlqfq3hciacgro0qe23obaunqvv8q@4ax.com> <h-6dnS-iMYTORdT_nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@giganews.com> <94144622-92f3-486d-b4b2-58f9cbbe1e72n@googlegroups.com> <t2f6v8$kdu$1@dont-email.me> <ih8m4hh659kfha10mkmpj10ub1k4k2qtcn@4ax.com> <t2gbqf$p1d$1@dont-email.me>
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 04:35 UTC

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 03:07:59 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:39:04 -0000 (UTC), Bill
>> <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe if the get power transmission problems cured, the space based solar
>>> array makes sense.
>>
>> They still have not explained how you can have several megawatts
>> coming down in an RF beam and not be a hazard.
>> In a world where a significant part of the population thinks we are
>> being poisoned by lots of stuff, I think this is a non-starter. Anyone
>> who got cancer within 100 miles of the ground station would be calling
>> Morgan and Morgan.
>>

>Part of the problems they need to cure. ;)

Yeah they just need to revise everything we know about high energy
physics.
The down link will have to be in some remote desert area like the
Trinity site, far from anyone or any protected animal that might get
fried.
OTOH if something did go wrong with the telemetry we could bake every
living thing in LA county so it isn't all bad. ;-)

Re: Boats going green

<t2hs84$qpu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4818&group=rec.boats#4818

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:54:28 -0000 (UTC)
<m3gn4h1322a8j9pu6o597r5v874ubf9jo2@4ax.com>
sha1:YPIm396wQUIJd80Sk7cR2Noi1Qw=
 by: Bill - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:54 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 03:07:59 -0000 (UTC), Bill
> <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:

>>> They still have not explained how you can have several megawatts
>>> coming down in an RF beam and not be a hazard.
>>> In a world where a significant part of the population thinks we are
>>> being poisoned by lots of stuff, I think this is a non-starter. Anyone
>>> who got cancer within 100 miles of the ground station would be calling
>>> Morgan and Morgan.
>>>

>> Part of the problems they need to cure. ;)
>
> Yeah they just need to revise everything we know about high energy
> physics.
> The down link will have to be in some remote desert area like the
> Trinity site, far from anyone or any protected animal that might get
> fried.
> OTOH if something did go wrong with the telemetry we could bake every
> living thing in LA county so it isn't all bad. ;-)

I have a daughter and granddaughters in LA county, so would be bad.

Re: Boats going green

<poep4htr7iane61pakmgvqvabgaahph3h2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4825&group=rec.boats#4825

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 17:57:32 -0400
 by: John H - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:57 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
>> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
>> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
>
>Bingo!
>I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>
>Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.

You mean you've never bought a bought with an engine? Or are you a bit
two-faced?

Re: Boats going green

<a9230e7c-b856-46c6-818f-9b2281bba3fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4829&group=rec.boats#4829

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:19:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 00:19 UTC

On Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 18:57:34 UTC-3, John H wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 20:26:46 UTC-3, justan wrote:
> >> Has the time come to burn all the fuel guzzling power boats over 15 feet?
> >> Think of all the precious fuel we would save.
> >
> >Bingo!
> >I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
> >
> >Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
> You mean you've never bought a bought with an engine? Or are you a bit
> two-faced?

Huh?
Please translate that into the Queens' English and get back to us.

Re: Boats going green

<t2ingi$cha$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4830&group=rec.boats#4830

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 00:39:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:j/I3SaC+p3B/CXmg1fbNUxMTq/Y=
 by: Bill - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 00:39 UTC

True North <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 18:57:34 UTC-3, John H wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bingo!
>>> I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal
>>> combustion engines.
>>>
>>> Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>> You mean you've never bought a bought with an engine? Or are you a bit
>> two-faced?
>

> Huh?
> Please translate that into the Queens' English and get back to us.

So, you can not parse a meaning from the sentence? Sad, to be you.

Re: Boats going green

<bU53K.327835$Gojc.145982@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4831&group=rec.boats#4831

From: me...@myplace.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 01:19:03 GMT
 by: justan - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 01:19 UTC

On 4/5/22 8:19 PM, True North wrote:
>On Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 18:57:34 UTC-3, John H wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >Bingo!
>> >I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>> >
>> >Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>> You mean you've never bought a bought with an engine? Or are you a bit
>> two-faced?
>

>Huh?
>Please translate that into the Queens' English and get back to us.

Learn American English or suffer in silence
Donna Blanco. Loosely translated John was asking if you talk out your ass

Re: Boats going green

<5e615htrvgqi0j75g68g8m6haefu04g16b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4848&group=rec.boats#4848

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 16:24:10 -0400
 by: John H - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 20:24 UTC

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:19:20 -0700 (PDT), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 18:57:34 UTC-3, John H wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT), True North
>> <prince...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >Bingo!
>> >I've always said sailboats were superior to floating tubs with infernal combustion engines.
>> >
>> >Next would be to outlaw overbloated pickups and rolling hotel rooms.
>> You mean you've never bought a bought with an engine? Or are you a bit
>> two-faced?
>

>Huh?
>Please translate that into the Queens' English and get back to us.

Have you never bought a boat with an engine? Or are you a bit
two-faced?