It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion. -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)

interests / rec.boats / Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

SubjectAuthor
* Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 dayswaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
+* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysgfretwell
|+- Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysjustan
|+- Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days345...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysJohn H
| `* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 dayswaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
|  `* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysgfretwell
|   `* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysMr. Luddite
|    `- Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysjustan
+* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysTrue North
|`- Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysjustan
`* Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysMr. Luddite
 `- Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 daysgfretwell

1
Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<3dc14411-82d1-4f4c-93e1-64c1b43ab2d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4801&group=rec.boats#4801

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 20:18 UTC

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html

Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.

The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<comm4htr8vfrsb1pnis2bb61ihk805ql6q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4802&group=rec.boats#4802

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:01:42 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:01 UTC

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>
>Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>
>The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.

I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
audience watching.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<e3de21e8-98a4-4b9a-aa91-2380c1914b94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4803&group=rec.boats#4803

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:14 UTC

On Monday, 4 April 2022 at 17:18:51 UTC-3, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>
> Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>
> The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.

Wow...so there might be faint hope for the motley crew in this group?
I'd have to see it before I believe.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<chJ2K.617908$oF2.336463@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4804&group=rec.boats#4804

From: me...@myplace.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 21:19:04 GMT
 by: justan - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:19 UTC

On 4/4/22 5:01 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),
>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>>
>>Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>>
>>The study titled ?The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers? beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers? by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
>
>I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
>month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
>for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
>of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
>they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
>audience watching.

Paying folks to watch CNN? I might be tempted to watch if they made it worth
my while.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<rrJ2K.543479$7F2.134039@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4807&group=rec.boats#4807

From: me...@myplace.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 21:29:59 GMT
 by: justan - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:29 UTC

On 4/4/22 5:14 PM, True North wrote:
>On Monday, 4 April 2022 at 17:18:51 UTC-3, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>>
>> Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>>
>> The study titled ?The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers? beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers? by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
>

>Wow...so there might be faint hope for the motley crew in this group?
>I'd have to see it before I believe.

What are you hoping for dummy?

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<b17d78b4-34bc-4eb8-91e8-e1b883fe413fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4809&group=rec.boats#4809

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: 3452...@gmail.com (345...@gmail.com)
 by: 345...@gmail.com - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:55 UTC

On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 5:01:51 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),
> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
> >
> >Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
> >
> >The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
> I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
> month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
> for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
> of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
> they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
> audience watching.

It was simply a study to see if their current recipe for brainwashing works.. It apparently does.

Wait... was this "study" published on April 1st?
:)

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<7dWdnWtqevsQt9H_nZ2dnUU7-U_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4813&group=rec.boats#4813

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:39:56 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 11:39 UTC

On 4/4/2022 4:18 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>
> Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>
> The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.

I try to watch an equal amount of Fox News, MSNBC and CNN on a regular
basis mainly to see how each network covers a news event.

There is no doubt that Fox leans hard to starboard (boating content)
while CNN and MSNBC leans hard to port. I am not so interested in what
is "fake news" (because it's rare that any of them have the *whole*
story.

I am more interested in what each network *doesn't* cover.

The Hunter laptop issue is a perfect example. Fox has been making
various claims since before the last election. CNN and MSNBC have
basically ignored the story for well over a year until very
recently when they were forced to say something about the
allegations due to the NY Times and Washington Post admittance
that there may be something there there.

Problem is ... the whole system, including the Justice Department,
FBI and other agencies have been infected with political bias
and influence. Biden may be out of office and retired,spending some of
the multi-millions he made as a public servant for 60 years
before we really know what went on

https://www.avg.com

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<b0lo4hhu9pkt5jd16fuks449a6t4nna1n2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4815&group=rec.boats#4815

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 10:38:44 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:38 UTC

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:39:56 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 4/4/2022 4:18 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>>
>> Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>>
>> The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
>
>I try to watch an equal amount of Fox News, MSNBC and CNN on a regular
>basis mainly to see how each network covers a news event.
>
>There is no doubt that Fox leans hard to starboard (boating content)
>while CNN and MSNBC leans hard to port. I am not so interested in what
>is "fake news" (because it's rare that any of them have the *whole*
>story.
>
>I am more interested in what each network *doesn't* cover.
>
>The Hunter laptop issue is a perfect example. Fox has been making
>various claims since before the last election. CNN and MSNBC have
>basically ignored the story for well over a year until very
>recently when they were forced to say something about the
>allegations due to the NY Times and Washington Post admittance
>that there may be something there there.
>
>Problem is ... the whole system, including the Justice Department,
>FBI and other agencies have been infected with political bias
>and influence. Biden may be out of office and retired,spending some of
>the multi-millions he made as a public servant for 60 years
>before we really know what went on

The FBI has always been a political organization.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<15lp4hlksa8no0f61a5166lu2lvspmin4l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4827&group=rec.boats#4827

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 19:46:15 -0400
 by: John H - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 23:46 UTC

On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:01:42 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),
>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
>>
>>Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
>>
>>The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
>
>I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
>month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
>for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
>of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
>they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
>audience watching.

Exactly. How many CNNN viewers have any idea what is happening at our
southern border?

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<75758bd1-3cf9-4aeb-8987-87bba8699dd3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4832&group=rec.boats#4832

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:46:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 01:46 UTC

On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:46:17 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:01:42 -0400, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),
> >"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html
> >>
> >>Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.
> >>
> >>The study titled “The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers’ beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers” by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.
> >
> >I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
> >month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
> >for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
> >of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
> >they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
> >audience watching.
> Exactly. How many CNNN viewers have any idea what is happening at our
> southern border?

==
I'm not really a CNN viewer although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course the issues at the southern border have only gotten worse. Compared to a former president, inciting an insurrection trying to overthrow the constitution, and the Russian attack on the Ukraine, the border situation seems to have receded in importance however.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<6pup4h51obrj55hc65bd7hc8qdoetfq3l6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4833&group=rec.boats#4833

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 00:35:50 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 04:35 UTC

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:46:50 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:46:17 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:01:42 -0400, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>> >I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a
>> >month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue
>> >for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end
>> >of the day, they are all selling ad time as their primary goal and
>> >they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target
>> >audience watching.
>> Exactly. How many CNNN viewers have any idea what is happening at our
>> southern border?
>
>===
>
>I'm not really a CNN viewer although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course the issues at the southern border have only gotten worse. Compared to a former president, inciting an insurrection trying to overthrow the constitution, and the Russian attack on the Ukraine, the border situation seems to have receded in
importance however.

It only receded in the minds of those people not affected by it. I am
sure the people in the border states are still paying attention.

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<qOmdnT1uNPYgHND_nZ2dnUU7-d3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4834&group=rec.boats#4834

Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 08:04:13 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:04 UTC

On 4/6/2022 12:35 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:46:50 -0700 (PDT),
> "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Exactly. How many CNNN viewers have any idea what is happening at our
>>> southern border?
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I'm not really a CNN viewer although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course the issues at the southern border have only gotten worse. Compared to a former president, inciting an insurrection trying to overthrow the constitution, and the Russian attack on the Ukraine, the border situation seems to have receded in
> importance however.
>

> It only receded in the minds of those people not affected by it. I am
> sure the people in the border states are still paying attention.

Everyone in the country is affected by it. At current rates plus
Biden's decision to terminate the Title 42 provision next month,
it is estimated that at least 11 million people will cross into
the USA over the southern border *this year alone*. The people
are not staying just in the border states. They are being loaded
onto buses, taken to an airport, loaded on a plane and flown to
destinations throughout the country. A local news
reporter at one of the destinations (I think it was somewhere in
New York) ... was able to film the people as they departed the
plane. They appeared to be all in late teens or 20's.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Fox viewers transformed after watching CNN for 30 days

<t2kjbc$nbv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4835&group=rec.boats#4835

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 13:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
 by: justan - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:41 UTC

"Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com> Wrote in message:r
> On 4/6/2022 12:35 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:> On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:46:50 -0700 (PDT),> "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:> >> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:46:17 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:>>> On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:01:42 -0400, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>>>>>>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:18:50 -0700 (PDT),>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>>>>>>>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html>>>>>>>>>> Fox News viewers who were paid to watch CNN for 30 days eventually became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news, according to a new study.>>>>>>>>>> The study titled ?The manifold effects of partisan media on viewers? beliefs and attitudes: A field experiment with Fox News viewers? by David E Brockman and Joshua L Kalla was conducted in September 2020 and published last week.>>>>>>>> I bet you would see similar results if CNN viewers watched Fox for a>>>> month. All it proves is nobody should trust any entertainment venue>>>> for their only source of news. I don't trust any of them. At the end>>>> of the day, they are all selling ad time as their pri
mary goal and>>>> they tend to confirm the bias of their viewers to keep their target>>>> audience watching.>>> Exactly. How many CNNN viewers have any idea what is happening at our>>> southern border?>>>> ===>>>> I'm not really a CNN viewer although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course the issues at the southern border have only gotten worse. Compared to a former president, inciting an insurrection trying to overthrow the constitution, and the Russian attack on the Ukraine, the border situation seems to have receded in> importance however.> > It only receded in the minds of those people not affected by it. I am> sure the people in the border states are still paying attention.> > Everyone in the country is affected by it. At current rates plusBiden's decision to terminate the Title 42 provision next month,it is estimated that at least 11 million people will cross intothe USA over the southern border *this year alone*. The peopleare not staying just in the border states. They are being loadedonto buses, taken to an airport, loaded on a plane and flown todestinations throughout the country. A local newsreporter at one of the destinations (I think it was somewhere inNe
w York) ... was able to film the people as they departed theplane. They appeared to be all in late teens or 20's.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

I'll bet you didn't see that on liberal media. :-)
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----