Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 11:14:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: lunch with Rieslings, Champagnes, Bdx, and a Burg
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 18:14 UTC

A combination of moving dates left me with 3 tastings in slightly more than 24 hours, the middle one was lunch at Pub Street with old friends and one new one (visiting from Atlanta)

2002 Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Auslese #5
Citrus, peach, and pineapple, very floral, deep and complex flavors, my only quibble was it was a little less racy than I expected. (some others liked less) B+

2013 Trimbach Clos Ste Hune
Great vintage of young Hune. Racy, long, with snappy citrus and long limestoney mineral finish. A-

2007 Roederer Cristal
Full, rich, but with acid backbone, pear, pastry dough, and hazelnut. A-/B+

2009 Grivot Beaux Monts Vosne Romanee 1er
This wasn’t over the top 2009-y, not especially big. Coffee, red and black plum, some Vosne spiciness. B/B+

2014 La Mission Haut Brion
Corked! A shame, but one less wine to hurry through.

1990 Magdelaine
The cork was saturated through, and I don’t think a correct bottle. Still found some enjoyment, black plum and cassis, smoke, leather, but there was an ashtray note that clued in to some rough treatment. This bottle B/B-

2014 Bereche Grand Cru Ay
I didn’t write anything down on this, I liked but didn’t love, but think it was much beloved at table.

1998 Vieux Chateau Certan
Deep, pure, with cassis, tobacco, leather, and coffee. Long. A-

2000 La Mission Haut Brion
Young, powerful, ripe, just had a fleeting taste as I was headed out to return to work

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.