The world needs more people like us and fewer like them.

interests / rec.woodworking / Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessories

SubjectAuthor
* Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessoriesBob Davis
+- Re: Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessoriesBob Davis
`- Re: Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessoriesLeon

1
Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessories

<67dc17eb-22e1-4dff-9e6d-c6414b54936an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4935&group=rec.woodworking#4935

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessories
From: wrobertd...@gmail.com (Bob Davis)
 by: Bob Davis - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 18:16 UTC

I may be the only person here of the complete Festool Vac Sys system. Just in case there is one other member that has it, I thought I would share my completed setup for storing the various vacuum cups. I made it out of 12mm baltic birch with a few strips of 3/4" particle board glued to the back to keep the cups from falling out.

Pictures are here. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGPCdxkGFN7lA

Please do not comment about how expensive this system is or how much cheaper your chosen system is. I use this set up at least 10 times a day and I am very, very happy with it.

Bob

Re: Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessories

<44334f8b-7cb1-48e0-a5e0-bdfc2256b9b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4939&group=rec.woodworking#4939

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 18:10:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: wrobertd...@gmail.com (Bob Davis)
 by: Bob Davis - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 01:10 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 1:16:05 PM UTC-5, Bob Davis wrote:
> I may be the only person here of the complete Festool Vac Sys system. Just in case there is one other member that has it, I thought I would share my completed setup for storing the various vacuum cups. I made it out of 12mm baltic birch with a few strips of 3/4" particle board glued to the back to keep the cups from falling out.
>
> Pictures are here. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGPCdxkGFN7lA
>
> Please do not comment about how expensive this system is or how much cheaper your chosen system is. I use this set up at least 10 times a day and I am very, very happy with it.
>
> Bob

Correction: I used 6mm (~1/4") baltic birch. It doesn't have to be strong, just stiff enough to avoid flexing.

Re: Storage for Festool Vac Sys clamping system accessories

<sL2dnarn4PZz6-j8nZ2dnUU7-LGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4943&group=rec.woodworking#4943

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 10:08:30 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:08 UTC

On 10/23/2021 1:16 PM, Bob Davis wrote:
> I may be the only person here of the complete Festool Vac Sys system. Just in case there is one other member that has it, I thought I would share my completed setup for storing the various vacuum cups. I made it out of 12mm baltic birch with a few strips of 3/4" particle board glued to the back to keep the cups from falling out.
>
> Pictures are here. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGPCdxkGFN7lA
>
> Please do not comment about how expensive this system is or how much cheaper your chosen system is. I use this set up at least 10 times a day and I am very, very happy with it.
>
> Bob

Wow That is a nice compact set up and storage lay out.

You should have,......... ;~)

used a Shaper Origin for the holes to hold each clamp holder! ;!)

Have you thought about getting one of those? ;~)