From: ada...@hotmail.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: rec.boats,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09 UTC

A superyacht worker claims the vessel�s captain once had to deploy sonic
weapons against Kalashnikov-wielding pirates on inflatable boats in the
Arabian Sea.

The episode was one of many surreal scenes an anonymous worker detailed in
a piece published Sunday in The Times of London.

The captain, according to the worker, had to deploy "sonic weapons"
against the pirates. These weapons, the worker said, delivered ear-
splitting, high-volume acoustics and "pain rays" that transmit a narrow
beam of electromagnetic energy. This energy reportedly heats the skin,
causing a burning sensation.

The worker noted how pirates are a reality that yachts must face when
sailing through certain areas, particularly the coast of Africa in the
Gulf of Aden.

"Any protective technology worth having will find its way aboard a yacht,"
the worker wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/superyacht-captain-fended-off-kalashnikov-
wielding-pirates-pain-rays-worker-says?intcmp=fn_article_br_ob_more_from

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<j9vg6hdh3o82dugca5oihp2kde7uq111dm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5019&group=rec.boats#5019

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: rec.boats,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:17:49 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:17 UTC

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09:34 -0000 (UTC), Adam <adam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>A superyacht worker claims the vessel’s captain once had to deploy sonic
>weapons against Kalashnikov-wielding pirates on inflatable boats in the
>Arabian Sea.

A Barrett model 82A1 is my idea of the ideal sonic weapon for pirates.

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<t4ai6v$j45$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5020&group=rec.boats#5020

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding
pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 04:52:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wPpOlFJ9R5nMmK7ZlN/Uu3+9grU=
 by: Bill - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 04:52 UTC

Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09:34 -0000 (UTC), Adam <adam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A superyacht worker claims the vessel’s captain once had to deploy sonic
>> weapons against Kalashnikov-wielding pirates on inflatable boats in the
>> Arabian Sea.
>
> A Barrett model 82A1 is my idea of the ideal sonic weapon for pirates.

Especially with the explosive bullets.

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<hbrh6hdbpkpa5rtc5gecghsok6ub3dsh95@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5021&group=rec.boats#5021

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 03:15:10 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:15 UTC

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:17:49 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09:34 -0000 (UTC), Adam <adam@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>A superyacht worker claims the vessel’s captain once had to deploy sonic
>>weapons against Kalashnikov-wielding pirates on inflatable boats in the
>>Arabian Sea.
>
>A Barrett model 82A1 is my idea of the ideal sonic weapon for pirates.

Ma Deuce

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<daf70562-aec6-4d78-a8f0-d9e65ae67424n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5027&group=rec.boats#5027

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with
'pain rays,' worker says
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:40 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 3:15:16 AM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:17:49 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:09:34 -0000 (UTC), Adam <ad...@hotmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>A superyacht worker claims the vessel’s captain once had to deploy sonic
> >>weapons against Kalashnikov-wielding pirates on inflatable boats in the
> >>Arabian Sea.
> >
> >A Barrett model 82A1 is my idea of the ideal sonic weapon for pirates.
> Ma Deuce

==
There's a big problem with carrying firearms on pleasure boats engaged in international cruising. Every little island country has their own set of regulations, and penalties for breaking the rules are very severe. Some countries prohibit any type of firearm and require them to be surrendered until leaving. There is almost no chance of being able to keep an automatic or large caliber gun like a 50 cal, and you might be subject to immediate arrest. The Bahamas allow you to declare and keep firearms on board but you must also declare every round of ammunition and be able to account for it when leaving. Most don't bother since the Bahamas are very safe. There are issues even within the US since some states like NY and NJ have severe penalties for unlicensed handguns, and licenses are difficult to obtain. The idea of sonic weapons, which are presumably unregulated, therefore has quite a bit of appeal.

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<rj8j6h97pr44oj0598v136em2odrfs5da2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5030&group=rec.boats#5030

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:07:56 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:07 UTC

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:40:03 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 3:15:16 AM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:17:49 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >A Barrett model 82A1 is my idea of the ideal sonic weapon for pirates.
>> Ma Deuce
>
>===
>
>There's a big problem with carrying firearms on pleasure boats engaged in international cruising. Every little island country has their own set of regulations, and penalties for breaking the rules are very severe. Some countries prohibit any type of firearm and require them to be surrendered until leaving. There is almost no
chance of being able to keep an automatic or large caliber gun like a 50 cal, and you might be subject to immediate arrest. The Bahamas allow you to declare and keep firearms on board but you must also declare every round of ammunition and be able to account for it when leaving. Most don't bother since the Bahamas are very safe.
There are issues even within the US since some states like NY and NJ have severe penalties for unlicensed handguns, and licenses are difficult to obtain. The idea of sonic weapons, which are presumably unregulated, therefore has quite a bit of appeal.

This wasn't the Bahamas.

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<0cdb85d2-9749-49fc-b86b-c11c5b271eacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5031&group=rec.boats#5031

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
'pain rays,' worker says
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:00 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 4:07:51 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:40:03 -0700 (PDT),
> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 3:15:16 AM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

> >> Ma Deuce
> >
> >===
> >
> >There's a big problem with carrying firearms on pleasure boats engaged in international cruising. Every little island country has their own set of regulations, and penalties for breaking the rules are very severe. Some countries prohibit any type of firearm and require them to be surrendered until leaving. There is almost no
> chance of being able to keep an automatic or large caliber gun like a 50 cal, and you might be subject to immediate arrest. The Bahamas allow you to declare and keep firearms on board but you must also declare every round of ammunition and be able to account for it when leaving. Most don't bother since the Bahamas are very safe.
> There are issues even within the US since some states like NY and NJ have severe penalties for unlicensed handguns, and licenses are difficult to obtain. The idea of sonic weapons, which are presumably unregulated, therefore has quite a bit of appeal.
> This wasn't the Bahamas.

==
Understood.

Re: Superyacht captain fended off Kalashnikov-wielding pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says

<t4cok8$3qb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5034&group=rec.boats#5034

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
pirates with 'pain rays,' worker says
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:54:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Uyeh69WmWfaLc4ko38spWklmSTw=
 by: Bill - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:54 UTC

waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 4:07:51 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:40:03 -0700 (PDT),

>>> ===
>>>
>>> There's a big problem with carrying firearms on pleasure boats engaged
>>> in international cruising. Every little island country has their own
>>> set of regulations, and penalties for breaking the rules are very
>>> severe. Some countries prohibit any type of firearm and require them to
>>> be surrendered until leaving. There is almost no
>> chance of being able to keep an automatic or large caliber gun like a 50
>> cal, and you might be subject to immediate arrest. The Bahamas allow you
>> to declare and keep firearms on board but you must also declare every
>> round of ammunition and be able to account for it when leaving. Most
>> don't bother since the Bahamas are very safe.
>> There are issues even within the US since some states like NY and NJ
>> have severe penalties for unlicensed handguns, and licenses are
>> difficult to obtain. The idea of sonic weapons, which are presumably
>> unregulated, therefore has quite a bit of appeal.
>> This wasn't the Bahamas.
>
> ==
> Understood.

Need high powered laser.