From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.replublican
Subject: A President who speaks the truth!
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:16:49 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:16 UTC

The president of Guatemala says he places blame for the US’ border
crisis on President Biden and the Democrats’ “lukewarm” rhetoric on
illegal immigration — adding that he urged Vice President Kamala
Harris during their meeting to impose harsher penalties on human
smuggling.

President Alejandro Giammattei made the comments in an interview
Wednesday with Fox News after his summit with Harris, who visited his
Central American nation as part of her first foreign visit in office.

“Well, humanitarian messages were used here by the coyotes in a
distorted manner because what they said over there was that they will
promote family reunification,” Giammattei explained, appearing to
refer to Biden’s messaging on immigration during the campaign.

“So the coyotes came and took the children and the teenagers to the
United States and the borders were full, not only with people from
Guatemala, but with a lot of people from all over,” he continued.
“Which is why our proposal is that messages should be clear.”

“The vice president sent a clear message yesterday of ‘Do not come
because we will not let you in.’ That’s a clear message — but if you
have a lukewarm message, it only creates the opportunity to
misinterpret.”

Giammattei’s remarks came as US Customs and Border Protection
announced Wednesday that 180,034 migrants were encountered while
trying to cross the border with Mexico in May.

The figure marked an increase over the 178,000 counted in April and
173,000 in March — all of which are among the highest numbers in
years, Fox News said.

During a Monday press conference with Giammattei, Harris said, “I want
to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that
dangerous trek to the United States-Mexico border: Do not come, do not
come.”

“The United States will continue to enforce our laws, and secure our
border. There are legal methods by which migration can and should
occur, but we, as one of our priorities, will discourage illegal
migration,” she continued. “And I believe if you come to our border,
you will be turned back.”
Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei said the Biden
administration's "lukewarm" rhetoric on illegal immigration is
responsible for the border crisis.
Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei said the Biden
administration’s “lukewarm” rhetoric on illegal immigration is
responsible for the border crisis.
Getty Images
Rafts carry passengers and supplies across the Suchiate River between
Tecun Uman, Guatemala, right, and Ciudad Hidalgo, Mexico, Sunday, June
6, 2021.
Rafts carry passengers and supplies across the Suchiate River between
Tecun Uman, Guatemala (right), and Ciudad Hidalgo, Mexico, Sunday,
June 6, 2021.
AP Photo/Moises Castillo

Journalist Sara Carter, who conducted the interview, told network host
Sean Hannity that Giammattei told her he wanted bilateral cooperation
with the US on immigration-related matters.

Specifically, according to Carter, Giammattei said he suggested to
Harris during their Wednesday meeting that the US include stronger
federal charges against traffickers and coyotes.

Reps for the White House and Harris specifically did not immediately
respond to The Post’s request for comment on Giammattei’s remarks.
Demonstrators protest in front of the National Palace in Guatemala
after a meeting between Vice President Kamala Harris and Guatemalan
President Alejandro Giammattei, in Guatemala City, Monday, June 7,
2021.
Demonstrators protest in front of the National Palace in Guatemala
after a meeting between Vice President Kamala Harris and Guatemalan
President Alejandro Giammattei, in Guatemala City, Monday, June 7,
2021.
AP Photo/Oliver de Ros
Migrants from Guatemala follow an officer as they cross the border by
the wall separating the United States and Mexico.
Migrants from Guatemala follow an officer as they cross the border by
the wall separating the United States and Mexico.
RINGO CHIU/AFP via Getty Images

The Biden administration’s undoing of former President Donald Trump’s
border policies has prompted a flood of Central American and Mexican
illegal migrants at the US border, including thousands of unescorted
children.

Central Americans looking for refuge from the Northern Triangle
countries — Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras — have taken these
policy moves, as well as the overwhelmingly more welcoming tone from
Democrats, as a sign that Biden is inviting them to cross the border.

Insisting that the border was not facing a crisis, Homeland Security
Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in early March that the problems the
agency faced should be blamed on the previous administration.
Migrants from Guatemala wait to be processed after turning themselves
over to authorities at the US-Mexico border May 12, 2021 in Yuma,
Arizona.
Migrants from Guatemala wait to be processed after turning themselves
over to authorities at the US-Mexico border May 12, 2021 in Yuma,
Arizona.
RINGO CHIU/AFP via Getty Images
A U.S. border patrol agent offers his hand to a migrant woman from
Guatemala who was caught hiding in thick brush after crossing the Rio
Grande river into the United States from Mexico in La Joya, Texas on
May 18, 2021.
A US Border Patrol agent offers his hand to a migrant woman from
Guatemala who was caught hiding in thick brush after crossing the Rio
Grande river into the United States from Mexico in La Joya, Texas, on
May 18, 2021.
REUTERS/Adrees Latif

The data, however, overwhelmingly shows that migrants were flooding
the border because they believed Biden would welcome them with open
arms.

As the crisis heated up, Biden tapped his vice president to address
the diplomatic measures related to its “root causes.” However, despite
intense pressure, she has still refused to visit the border months
later to surveil the situation for herself.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/guatemalan-president-blames-biden-policy-for-border-crisis/