Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Austria, Greece, France, Italy
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:58 UTC

Dinner on patio with an old favorite dish, chicken schnitzel with lemon/caper on herb salad
2011 Knoll Ried Pfaffenberg Steiner Riesling. Fairly powerful, ginger and pit fruits, a white pepper note that made me check I hadn’t opened a GV by mistake, very good. B+

Beautiful weather (70s, low humidity, light breeze) for last riverfront concert of summer (Ed Cherry Quartet), We carried cold soba with a tangy cherry tomato sauce, Charles Phan’s Swiss chard, taramasalata and more.Great time with friends

2017 Hatzidakis Cuvee 15 Assyrtiko. Full, ripe, but snappy acids. Lemon, chalky seashell, excellent. A-/B+

2022 Boulay Sybille Sancerre Rose
Strawberry, white cherry, citrus zest. Good acids, good length. B+

2022 Goisot Bourgogne-Aligote
Lemony, a little too tart, sharp. B-

2018 Cusumano Etna Alta Mora Bianco
Oranges, spice, a waxy note, good acids for such a warm climate wine. B

Over to Betsy’s sister’s home for dinner, Cal had made an all Ottolenghi dinner- tomato/pomegranate salad, brussel sprouts with pomegranate, lamb shank with lemon/cinnamon rice. Starter was a 13th century hummus recipe that included hazelnuts and pistachios

2008 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett
Still young, touch of matchstick still (!), nectarine and lime, lots of life. B+

1992 Cuchet Beliando Cornas.
Soft, light intensity red fruits, a little smoke, a little wet fur. B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.