Time to take stock. Go home with some office supplies.

interests / alt.food.wine / Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

SubjectAuthor
* TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivindalewilli...@gmail.com
+- Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, ThivinSheila Page
+- Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, ThivinDan the Man
`- Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, ThivinMark Lipton

1
TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

<1baeaff8-bc15-4e44-b961-2e2bf740466cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=523&group=alt.food.wine#523

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:29:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:29 UTC

I forgot one wine from park concert
2020 Gadais Peninsula Muscadet
Citrus, floral, moderate acids, not sure I’d peg as Muscadet blind. B-

Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+

Saturday we went up for dinner at friends in Briarcliff, oysters followed by delicious fall off bone lamb shanks in a laksa sauce, and bok choy/Shanghai tips.

NV Gosset Grande Rose
I remain a fan. Crunchy red fruits, baking bread, good finish. B+/A-

2014 Fevre Montmains Chablis 1er
Lemon, green apple, some citrus blossom, wet rocks. This has that 2014 verve, but it is a little shorter than optimal, other than that classic. B+/B

2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+

Sunday oysters, grilled arctic char, artichoke/truffle cuscinetti, caprese, corn avocado salad

NV Gosset Grande Reserve (375 ml)
I found this a little flat and short, but I often find half bottles of Champagne a bit lacking. I’ve liked more in 750.

2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-

My last notes for a bit, having gallbladder out tomorrow.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

<kl5s1nFgdinU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=524&group=alt.food.wine#524

From: she...@page2.eu (Sheila Page)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 10:28:22 +0100
 by: Sheila Page - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 09:28 UTC

I hope the operation goes well; Savigny-les-Baune a good place to end.

On 28/08/2023 18:29, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> 2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
> Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-
>
> My last notes for a bit, having gallbladder out tomorrow.
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

<1d74b608-b1aa-462c-8e9c-062b77351e45n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=525&group=alt.food.wine#525

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 05:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: dan...@yahoo.com (Dan the Man)
 by: Dan the Man - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:15 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 1:29:19 PM UTC-4, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> I forgot one wine from park concert
> 2020 Gadais Peninsula Muscadet
> Citrus, floral, moderate acids, not sure I’d peg as Muscadet blind. B-
>
> Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
> 2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
> I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+
>
> Saturday we went up for dinner at friends in Briarcliff, oysters followed by delicious fall off bone lamb shanks in a laksa sauce, and bok choy/Shanghai tips.
>
> NV Gosset Grande Rose
> I remain a fan. Crunchy red fruits, baking bread, good finish. B+/A-
>
> 2014 Fevre Montmains Chablis 1er
> Lemon, green apple, some citrus blossom, wet rocks. This has that 2014 verve, but it is a little shorter than optimal, other than that classic. B+/B
>
> 2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
> Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+
>
> Sunday oysters, grilled arctic char, artichoke/truffle cuscinetti, caprese, corn avocado salad
>
> NV Gosset Grande Reserve (375 ml)
> I found this a little flat and short, but I often find half bottles of Champagne a bit lacking. I’ve liked more in 750.
>
> 2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
> Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-
>
> My last notes for a bit, having gallbladder out tomorrow.

Best of luck, DaleW. My brother had that done years ago; hopefully, they can do the operation with only a small incision.

> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Dan-O

Re: TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

<uclk8n$2d3um$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=526&group=alt.food.wine#526

From: not...@eudrup.ude (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:25:59 -0400
 by: Mark Lipton - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 20:25 UTC

On 8/28/23 1:29 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
> 2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
> I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+

Sorry to hear this. I've got a bottle or two of this in the cellar.
Will report back on my experiences (I hope it was a bottle issue)

> 2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
> Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+

Good to hear. I finished my last bottle last year IIRC.

> 2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
> Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-

Oh, I have fond memories of this wine. Probably been a decade since our
last bottle. Glad you hang onto yours long enough for this result.

Best of luck with the surgery, Dale!
Mark Lipton