Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:23:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Returning Wood Due To Case Hardening - Would you?
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 23:23 UTC

Stick with the video until the end. He offers tips on how to approach your
hardwood dealer in the proper manner and armed with USDA Forest
Service documentation to help support your request for a refund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzQmZNrunY

Would you/have you tried this?

Re: Returning Wood Due To Case Hardening - Would you?

<e9KdnWKbvOOWglj8nZ2dnUU7-cvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5489&group=rec.woodworking#5489

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:14:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Returning Wood Due To Case Hardening - Would you?
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:14 UTC

On 12/22/2021 5:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> Stick with the video until the end. He offers tips on how to approach your
> hardwood dealer in the proper manner and armed with USDA Forest
> Service documentation to help support your request for a refund.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzQmZNrunY
>
> Would you/have you tried this?

I saw that too! If I was in a smaller town and my comments had more
effect I would probably return the wood.

In a big city where they get all kinds of customers probably not. And
especially now that lumber is a 50/50 thing. It's take it or leave it.

Oddly I don't have much issue with this problem except for maple. It
seems the every time that I have purchased maple in the last 10 years I
have had a lot of internal stress being released when ripping. HOWEVER
the last batch was great except for one board.