Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Burgs, Barolo, Cornas
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 18:39 UTC

For our anniversary Betsy and I went to L’Inizio in Ardsley, where we quite enjoyed our meal: Crispy cauliflower with a sweet chili lime vinaigrette, radish, & lemon aioli
A nice portion of grilled octopus with caponata and romesco
Kale salad with shallot crisps
Bucatini with broccolini, corn, and prosciutto
Chicken scarpariello with potatoes
Betsy had what was described as pumpkin-apple strudel with ice cream, but was more like s crisp.
I carried the 2001 Roagna Rocca e la Pira Barolo (double decanted about 90 minutes before we left). I was worried might be too young, but was drinking beautifully. Cherries, woodsmoke, anise, and tar. Supple tannins, nice acidic grip, long zesty finish. A-

Saturday Betsy needed about a bottle and half of red wine for a triple recipe of beef stew for today:

1999 Jean Noel Gagnard “L’Estimee” Chassagne-Montrachet rouge
Sweet red and black cherry fruit, some forest floor, decent enough but disappointing for a 1999 red. B-/B

1992 Cuchet-Beliando Cornas
Very light, tangy red fruits, smoky, not much of a finish, I liked previous bottle more B-

2014 Fevre Montee de Tonnerre Chablis 1er
Lovely, tangy, full with green apple, lemony citrus, beeswax and a long limestone meets seashell finish, A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.