From: ddantg...@mail.ru (Nick)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria
Subject: The Foegen effect …
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:41:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:41 UTC

A mechanism by which facemasks contribute to the COVID-19 case fatality rate

Zacharias Fögen, MD

Abstract

Extensive evidence in the literature supports the mandatory use of
facemasks to reduce the infection rate of severe acute respiratory
syndrome coronavirus 2, which causes the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
However, the effect of mask use on the disease course remains
controversial. This study aimed to determine whether mandatory mask use
influenced the case fatality rate in Kansas, USA between August 1st and
October 15th 2020.

This study applied secondary data on case updates, mask mandates, and
demographic status related to Kansas State, USA. A parallelization
analysis based on county-level data was conducted on these data. Results
were controlled by performing multiple sensitivity analyses and a negative
control.

A parallelization analysis based on county-level data showed that in
Kansas, counties with mask mandate had significantly higher case fatality
rates than counties without mask mandate, with a risk ratio of 1.85 (95%
confidence interval [95% CI]: 1.51–2.10) for COVID-19-related deaths. Even
after adjusting for the number of “protected persons,” that is, the number
of persons who were not infected in the mask-mandated group compared to
the no-mask group, the risk ratio remained significantly high at 1.52 (95%
CI: 1.24–1.72). By analyzing the excess mortality in Kansas, this study
determines that over 95% of this effect can solely be attributed to
COVID-19.

These findings suggest that mask use might pose a yet unknown threat to the
user instead of protecting them, making mask mandates a debatable
epidemiologic intervention.

The cause of this trend is explained herein using the “Foegen effect”
theory; that is, deep re-inhalation of hypercondensed droplets or pure
virions caught in facemasks as droplets can worsen prognosis and might be
linked to long-term effects of COVI

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9282120/pdf/medi-101-e28924.pdf

този дали е компетентен да пише статии по тази тема?

--
«地 球 誕 生 在 牛 市 的 小 時 — Earth is born in the Bull's hour»

Re: The Foegen effect …

<6bb477c3-c660-45a2-992d-ce37a0c8f270n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5964&group=soc.culture.bulgaria#5964

Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 23:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_The_Foegen_effect_…
From: joyrad...@gmail.com (Радостина)
 by: Радостина - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:26 UTC

On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 1:41:25 PM UTC-7, Nick wrote:
> A mechanism by which facemasks contribute to the COVID-19 case fatality rate
>
> Zacharias Fögen, MD
>
> Abstract
>
> Extensive evidence in the literature supports the mandatory use of
> facemasks to reduce the infection rate of severe acute respiratory
> syndrome coronavirus 2, which causes the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
> However, the effect of mask use on the disease course remains
> controversial. This study aimed to determine whether mandatory mask use
> influenced the case fatality rate in Kansas, USA between August 1st and
> October 15th 2020.
>
> This study applied secondary data on case updates, mask mandates, and
> demographic status related to Kansas State, USA. A parallelization
> analysis based on county-level data was conducted on these data. Results
> were controlled by performing multiple sensitivity analyses and a negative
> control.
>
> A parallelization analysis based on county-level data showed that in
> Kansas, counties with mask mandate had significantly higher case fatality
> rates than counties without mask mandate, with a risk ratio of 1.85 (95%
> confidence interval [95% CI]: 1.51–2.10) for COVID-19-related deaths. Even
> after adjusting for the number of “protected persons,” that is, the number
> of persons who were not infected in the mask-mandated group compared to
> the no-mask group, the risk ratio remained significantly high at 1.52 (95%
> CI: 1.24–1.72). By analyzing the excess mortality in Kansas, this study
> determines that over 95% of this effect can solely be attributed to
> COVID-19.
>
> These findings suggest that mask use might pose a yet unknown threat to the
> user instead of protecting them, making mask mandates a debatable
> epidemiologic intervention.
>
> The cause of this trend is explained herein using the “Foegen effect”
> theory; that is, deep re-inhalation of hypercondensed droplets or pure
> virions caught in facemasks as droplets can worsen prognosis and might be
> linked to long-term effects of COVI
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9282120/pdf/medi-101-e28924.pdf
>
> този дали е компетентен да пише статии по тази тема?
не знам дали е, не е сигурно и дали е верно, в смисъл изследвано подробно,
но за мен е логично. И това го казах - обикновените маски не могат да спрат вируса.
Дори да спрат пръски при влагата в маската просто стават развъдник
и в този смисъл са по=опасни. Да оставим настрана поглъщането на microfibers,
ограничен кислород и тн.