From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Trump launches new 'communications' platform
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 06:13:20 +0100
 by: slider - Thu, 6 May 2021 05:13 UTC

Donald Trump has launched a new "communications" website, which says it
will publish content "straight from the desk" of the former US president.

Mr Trump was banned by Twitter and suspended by Facebook and YouTube after
the Capitol riots in January.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56989500

The former president has since been releasing statements by press release
- which the new website will now host.

Users will be able to like posts - and also share them on Twitter and
Facebook accounts.

"It is a blog," Kara Swisher, technology columnist for the New York Times
told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "I was like '2002 is calling and it
wants its blog back...'

"I don't know what the overall plan is because he does have some very
sharp digital advisers. It is just the beginning of his attempts to try to
re-establish a louder ability to participate in digital media."

Mr Trump's senior adviser, Jason Miller, had previously said a new social
media platform was to be launched. "This new platform is going to be big,"
he said in March.

But Mr Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new website was not the social
media platform he had previously hyped.

"We'll have additional information coming on that front in the very near
future," he said.

The website is reportedly built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services
company created by Mr Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale.

Several posts on the site repeat debunked claims that last year's
presidential election was rigged.

The new site arrived just before a decision from Facebook's Oversight
Board on whether Facebook was right to ban Mr Trump.

The panel upheld the ban - but said Facebook must review whether it should
be permanent, and apply consistent rules to all users. That could leave
the door open to Mr Trump's return to Facebook and Instagram in the future.

The former president used his new site to label Facebook - along with
Twitter and Google - "a total disgrace".

"Free speech has been taken away from the President of the United States
because the radical left lunatics are afraid of the truth," he said.

"The people of our country will not stand for it! These corrupt social
media companies must pay a political price, and must never again be
allowed to destroy and decimate our electoral process."

YouTube has said they will reactivate Mr Trump's account when the threat
of "real-world violence" reduces.

Twitter, where Mr Trump had 88 million followers, has banned him
permanently.

A Twitter spokesperson told the BBC: "Generally, sharing content from the
website referenced is permitted as long as the material does not otherwise
violate the Twitter Rules".

### - haha his BIG new media site hyped to rival all the others is just a
me me me me me blog??? :D

had expected - with all 'his' billions! - summat more than just a 2-bit
personal blog site??

no one else can post anything to it! so at best he can maybe give twitter
& facebook a bit of a headache deleting his stuff if/when people attempt
to 'repost' his remarks to them seeing as they previously blocked all his
reposted comments when he (and others) tried to sneak them on there using
other accounts, but that's about it? you can login there, and maybe
donate, but that's all!?

smile, something homeland security might be interested in though, in the
sense that everyone who opens an account on there is effectively creating
a neat list of potential nutjob subversives of one kind or another for
them to keep their eye on lol, how convenient! :)))

(am guessing he didn't fancy a whole bunch of militia-type remarks
appearing on there involving his name that could potentially come back to
haunt him, and/or 1000's of jeremy-style anti-trump haranguing comments
either haha)

how very disappointing! :))))

trump effectively declares war on twitter!

<op.02z262as7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=598&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#598

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: trump effectively declares war on twitter!
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 03:14:52 +0100
 by: slider - Fri, 7 May 2021 02:14 UTC

Trump social media: Twitter suspends account sharing ex-president's posts

Twitter has suspended an account sharing posts from former US president
Donald Trump's new communications platform.

The account claimed to be tweeting "on behalf" of Mr Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57018148

A spokesperson for the company said the account, @DJTDesk, violated the
ban evasion policy by sharing content "affiliated with a suspended
account."

But the BBC found similar accounts still active on the social media
platform.

Mr Trump was permanently banned from Twitter in January after he voiced
support for rioters who stormed the US Capitol.

He launched his own communications platform - titled "From the Desk of
Donald J Trump" - on Tuesday.

According to NBC News, the bio for the @DJTDesk account read: "Posts
copied from Save America on behalf of the 45th POTUS; Originally composed
via DonaldJTrump/Desk".

Twitter says that although it does allow accounts to share content from Mr
Trump's new website, it won't allow an individual to "circumvent" a ban.

Those "evasion" rules can include "having someone else operate on your
behalf, an account which represents your identity, persona, brand or
business persona for a different purpose."

The BBC flagged four accounts with similar bios that were also sharing
content from Mr Trump's new platform.

Twitter did not respond when asked what would happen to these accounts.

At the time of publishing, the four accounts were still active.

One had also recently tweeted about ban evasion.

It is unclear who is behind the accounts, but most of them claim to be
independent of the former president.

Trump spokesman Jason Miller told NBC News the @DJTDesk account was not
set up by, or with the permission of, anyone affiliated with the former
president.

Mr Trump's new communication platform, The Desk of Donald J Trump, will
host statements and press releases from the former president.

Visitors are able to like posts and share them on their Twitter and
Facebook accounts - provided the posts themselves don't break the sites'
rules.

Mr Trump's new platform was announced the day before Facebook's
independent Oversight Board ruled in favour of the social media company's
decision to suspend him - but also ruled Facebook should reconsider the
length of the suspension within six months.

### - well i gots that one totally right then didn't i? LOL ! :)))

trumpy's taking a quite deliberate DUMP on twitter and no doubt facebook
will be next!?

he'll have access to twitter & facebook whether they want it/like it or
NOT???

lol there's nada NICE about HIM is there huh!?

his new: me me me me me blog being nada but a FRONT to subvert 2 of the
leading social media sites in the world just so he can USE them as his
loud-hailer totally against their will???

fuck me, that dude obviously has no scruples whatsoever!?

so is the world just gonna stand by and let this shit happen i wonder?

coz he's ipso-facto just declared WAR on social media!

damn!

the fight-back should be quite interesting :)))

Trump tries to get around Twitter ban and gets suspended again

<op.020vcn2o7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=607&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#607

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Trump tries to get around Twitter ban and gets suspended again
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 13:23:01 +0100
 by: slider - Fri, 7 May 2021 12:23 UTC

> his new: me me me me me blog being nada but a FRONT to subvert 2 of the
> leading social media sites in the world just so he can USE them as his
> loud-hailer totally against their will???
>
> fuck me, that dude obviously has no scruples whatsoever!?
>
> so is the world just gonna stand by and let this shit happen i wonder?
>
> coz he's ipso-facto just declared WAR on social media!
>
> damn!
>
> the fight-back should be quite interesting :)))

here we go!

Trump’s team tried to get his messaging back on the microblogging website
but were unsuccessful

A Twitter account reportedly created by the staff of former President
Donald Trump has been suspended a day after its creation.

The account, @DJTDEsk, was believed to have been established to post
statements from Mr Trump and broadcast updates on his new website ‘From
the Desk of Donald Trump’.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-the-desk-twitter-social-media-b1843084.html

Trump’s new online project debuted earlier in the week and it permits fans
to share Trump’s communications on their own personal social media
accounts on Twitter and Facebook, sites that Trump is not permitted on.
According to reports, the account @DJTDesk was removed on Wednesday for
“violating Twitter rules”.

Journalist Andrew Solender shared the update on Twitter, writing, “A
Twitter account made to tweet the statements Trump puts out through his
super PAC, @DJTDesk, has been suspended after about a day”.

Mr Trump was an active user of Twitter, boasting 88 million followers
before he was removed for his involvement in the insurrection on 6
January. It is believed that the new Twitter account was made to get
around this as it was a useful method for quick communication with his
supporters.

His new website has a feature where you can be notified every time Mr
Trump posts an update.

Along with Twitter, Mr Trump is also not permitted on other social media
networks, such as Facebook and Instagram, following the events at the
Capitol.

His Facebook ban is being maintained after a meeting of the company’s
Oversight Board, who released a statement.

“The Board has upheld Facebook’s decision on January 7 to suspend
then-President Trump from Facebook and Instagram. Trump’s posts during the
Capitol riot severely violated Facebook’s rules and encouraged and
legitimised violence” the statement read.

They continued, “We call on Facebook to ensure that if a head of state or
high government official repeatedly posts messages that pose a risk of
harm under international human rights norms, the company should either
suspend the account or for a set period delete it.”

Mr Trump being barred from these social media sites was not the only
consequence of his involvement in the uprising. In January, he became the
first political figure to be impeached twice.

### - and is now BARRED from twitter TWICE as well LOL ! :)))

i.e., am guessing trumpy-dumpty was hoping to literally SWAMP twitter with
millions of reposted comments from his new, erm, megaphone me me me
blog-site, and thus give them a constant headache/workload trying to
delete/block them all from his adoring fans? but what with algorithms
these days it's prolly just a simple enough matter to put the block on
anything with his sites' @DJTDEsk tag attached haha...

try that shit with facebook too and they likely wont then have any probs
whatsoever justifying his continuing block beyond the current 6 months
time limit on 'their' site as well?

he 'failed' at storming the capitol building and has now 'failed' at
similarly storming twitter??

really not too smart is he haha :)))

coz all the kings horses
and all the kings men