From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: Russian brinkmanship leaves clear message for Ukraine and allies
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:28:52 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Mon, 3 May 2021 10:28 UTC

Talk about self delusion. Read the following for a master class :)

Esp. the "commentary" by master strategist, Brian Ahern.

lol

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:25:19 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>position,” Kofman said.
>
>Even as Russia’s troops withdraw, Moscow still has the option of
>ratcheting up the pressure on Ukraine in the future. Defence minister
>Sergei Shoigu said Russia’s 41st combined arms army would leave its
>equipment and weapons at a base near the Ukrainian border ahead of joint
>military drills with Belarus this summer.
>
>In recent months, Kyiv has sought to build up an alternative negotiating
>framework known as the Crimea platform, which will hold a summit in August
>to discuss reversing Russia’s annexation of the peninsula. More than 10
>mostly western countries as well as Turkey are believed to have expressed
>a willingness to take part.
>
>Oleksiy Arestovych, an adviser to Zelensky’s chief of staff Andriy Yermak,
>said the border build-up had been a “strategic bluff” aimed at putting
>pressure on Ukraine to make concessions. “Russia does not have the
>physical capability to wage war against Ukraine,” Arestovych said.
>
>He suggested the drills were aimed at distracting domestic attention from
>Russia’s slumping economy and boosting patriotic sentiment ahead of
>parliamentary elections in September.
>
>But western powers’ reluctance to match Putin’s show of force on Ukraine’s
>eastern border may make Zelensky’s search for an alternative resolution to
>the conflict less tenable, Alyona Getmanchuk, director of Kyiv-based
>think-tank New Europe Center, said.
>
>“[The troop withdrawal] strengthens an argument that Putin didn’t have an
>intention to invade but was using his trademark sabre-rattling tactics in
>order to reach some diplomatic gains,” Getmanchuk said.
>
>But if Ukraine’s western allies avoided the Crimea platform summit
>following the Russian manoeuvring or failed to back its Nato aspirations,
>she added, “Putin will find his military tactics successful and will
>repeat it again and again in the future.”
>
>### - and there ya have it folks heh, situation resolved because ukraine
>isn't prepared to call russia out on their own coz they know they'll get
>clobbered and prolly lose even more territory if they have a go at them...
>
>ukraine ever joining nato now a forgotten/lost cause because the russians
>can just sit there forever if needs be, and because no one wants ww3 over
>a tin-pot nation like ukraine...
>
>so then, not so much grandstanding on russia's part but that of
>saber-rattling, their red lines clearly marked (and now remarked) for
>anyone to see!
>
>that although they've pulled their forces back it's not really the
>russians in this instance who're 'backing-down', but the west whose
>perhaps thought better of their plan to expand nato ever further via
>ukraine...
>
>but then those ruskies always 'were' masterful chess players huh...
>
>anyway, looks like our gambit just didn't pay off and it's all back to
>square one again, and wingeing/whining ukraine can just fuck off hah! :))))

Re: Russian brinkmanship leaves clear message for Ukraine and allies

<op.02texhgv7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=591&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#591

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 12:45:07 +0100
 by: slider - Mon, 3 May 2021 11:45 UTC

On Mon, 03 May 2021 11:28:52 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> Talk about self delusion. Read the following for a master class :)
>
> Esp. the "commentary" by master strategist, Brian Ahern.
>
> lol

### - are you sure you even read that article correctly? (i didn't write
that article, i merely commented on it)

<l9j99gd80tvr0e1hv60ulg8aackbk78chp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=600&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#600

From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 13:18:44 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Fri, 7 May 2021 05:18 UTC

On Mon, 03 May 2021 12:45:07 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 03 May 2021 11:28:52 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Talk about self delusion. Read the following for a master class :)
>>
>> Esp. the "commentary" by master strategist, Brian Ahern.
>>
>> lol
>
>### - are you sure you even read that article correctly? (i didn't write
>that article, i merely commented on it)

I took exception to your commentary, mainly this:

"but then those ruskies always 'were' masterful chess players huh...

anyway, looks like our gambit just didn't pay off and it's all back
to square one again, and wingeing/whining ukraine can just fuck off
hah!"

*Our gambit*? Really?

What exactly is your stake in this, to use such an inclusive term?

> [...]
>>>
>>> ukraine ever joining nato now a forgotten/lost cause because the
>>> russians
>>> can just sit there forever if needs be, and because no one wants ww3
>>> over
>>> a tin-pot nation like ukraine...
>>>
>>> so then, not so much grandstanding on russia's part but that of
>>> saber-rattling, their red lines clearly marked (and now remarked) for
>>> anyone to see!
>>>
>>> that although they've pulled their forces back it's not really the
>>> russians in this instance who're 'backing-down', but the west whose
>>> perhaps thought better of their plan to expand nato ever further via
>>> ukraine...
>>>
>>> but then those ruskies always 'were' masterful chess players huh...
>>>
>>> anyway, looks like our gambit just didn't pay off and it's all back to
>>> square one again, and wingeing/whining ukraine can just fuck off hah!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Russian brinkmanship leaves clear message for Ukraine and allies

<op.020dnyyd7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=604&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#604

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 07:01:00 +0100
 by: slider - Fri, 7 May 2021 06:01 UTC

On Fri, 07 May 2021 06:18:44 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 03 May 2021 12:45:07 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 May 2021 11:28:52 +0100, o'Mahoney
>> <libertidad@south.south.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Talk about self delusion. Read the following for a master class :)
>>>
>>> Esp. the "commentary" by master strategist, Brian Ahern.
>>>
>>> lol
>>
>> ### - are you sure you even read that article correctly? (i didn't write
>> that article, i merely commented on it)
>>

> I took exception to your commentary, mainly this:
>
> "but then those ruskies always 'were' masterful chess players huh...
>
> anyway, looks like our gambit just didn't pay off and it's all back
> to square one again, and wingeing/whining ukraine can just fuck off
> hah!"
>
> *Our gambit*? Really?
>
> What exactly is your stake in this, to use such an inclusive term?

### - "our gambit" = 'the west' as opposed to the russians...

the russian having quite a good rep for chess no?