Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: ozix12...@yahoo.com (Ozix)
Subject: real estate agent not revealing facts that would increase selling
price
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 20:47:52 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 28 May 2022 12:47 UTC

Recently I saw a house for sale, which was designed by a famous
architect. The advert did not mentions this, instead describing it as
"kooky modernist", rather than the usual flattery one sees in ads. Next
thing I know, offers were closed after only 11 days. This house wasn't
widely known as being by the architect, and after asking around, I
learnt that the agent knew the house's origins. I estimate that an extra
$100,000 would have been added to the price, if the architect were
named. So I suspect he has handed it to one of his mates, who got a bargain.

Re: real estate agent not revealing facts that would increase selling price

<t6uahu$1ri0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6205&group=aus.legal#6205

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
price
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 09:17:18 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 28 May 2022 23:17 UTC

On 28/05/2022 10:47 pm, Ozix wrote:
> Recently I saw a house for sale, which was designed by a famous
> architect. The advert did not mentions this, instead describing it as
> "kooky modernist", rather than the usual flattery one sees in ads. Next
> thing I know, offers were closed after only 11 days. This house wasn't
> widely known as being by the architect, and after asking around, I
> learnt that the agent knew the house's origins. I estimate that an extra
> $100,000 would have been added to the price, if the architect were
> named. So I suspect he has handed it to one of his mates, who got a
> bargain.

What does Core Logic value the house at, and how does this compare to
the sale price?

Re: real estate agent not revealing facts that would increase selling price

<629604a4@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6212&group=aus.legal#6212

price
Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: ozix12...@yahoo.com (Ozix)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 20:05:55 +0800
 by: Ozix - Tue, 31 May 2022 12:05 UTC

Max wrote:
> On 28/05/2022 10:47 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> Recently I saw a house for sale, which was designed by a famous
>> architect. The advert did not mentions this, instead describing it as
>> "kooky modernist", rather than the usual flattery one sees in ads.
>> Next thing I know, offers were closed after only 11 days. This house
>> wasn't widely known as being by the architect, and after asking
>> around, I learnt that the agent knew the house's origins. I estimate
>> that an extra $100,000 would have been added to the price, if the
>> architect were named. So I suspect he has handed it to one of his
>> mates, who got a bargain.
>
> What does Core Logic value the house at, and how does this compare to
> the sale price

Property Value (which is Core Logic I think) rated it 650-700k.
It sold for 690k
Previous house by same architect that sold went for 112k over asking
price, and another a few years back fetched 400k more. Auctions are
not so common over here, houses tend to be sold by vendor naming a
price and buyers offer less, then haggle. If house is special in
some way, then there is bidding war between a few who want that
house.

aus+uk / aus.legal / real estate agent not revealing facts that would increase selling price