Will this never-ending series of PLEASURABLE EVENTS never cease?

aus+uk / aus.legal / supermarket items on special

SubjectAuthor
* supermarket items on specialForrest
+* Re: supermarket items on specialMax

Pages:12
supermarket items on special

<ce6124a3-ba33-4446-802b-ffd7276372c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6282&group=aus.legal#6282

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 00:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: supermarket items on special
From: d.e.lind...@gmail.com (Forrest)
 by: Forrest - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 07:07 UTC

This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.

When a supermarket has an item on special at a reduced price, who takes the loss?

Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?

Re: supermarket items on special

<t7pntm$1m4n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6284&group=aus.legal#6284

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: supermarket items on special
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:51:01 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 08:51 UTC

On 8/06/2022 5:07 pm, Forrest wrote:
> This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.
>
> When a supermarket has an item on special at a reduced price, who takes the loss?
>
> Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?

The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nftrsxhbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6286&group=aus.legal#6286

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 19:24:54 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:24 UTC

Forrest <d.e.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote

> This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed it the
last time, boy.

> When a supermarket has an item on specialat a reduced price, who takes
> the loss?

There is no loss.

> Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?

Neither.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nftvhpzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6287&group=aus.legal#6287

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 19:27:07 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:27 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Forrest wrote

>> This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.

>> When a supermarket has an item on special at a reduced price, who
>> takes the loss?

>> Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?

> The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
> overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.

Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.

Re: supermarket items on special

<f587a35e-53a7-4160-ae59-dcc1a15bd986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6289&group=aus.legal#6289

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 03:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 10:22 UTC

Rod Speedbot robot brain wrote:

---------------------------------------

> > The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
> > overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.
>
> Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.

** You Scottish ?

...... Phil

Re: supermarket items on special

<t7pvl1$1bb2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6290&group=aus.legal#6290

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:02:54 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 11:02 UTC

On 8/06/2022 7:27 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Forrest wrote
>
>>> This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.
>
>>>  When a supermarket has an item on special at a reduced price, who
>>> takes the loss?
>
>>>  Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?
>
>> The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
>> overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.
>
> Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.

What a waste of time. You just buy whatever you want whenever you feel
like it.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nfz861sbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6293&group=aus.legal#6293

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 21:44:56 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 11:44 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
>>> overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.

>> Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
>> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.

> You Scottish ?

Nope, Australian. Not Jewish either.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nf0c1etbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6294&group=aus.legal#6294

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 21:47:15 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 11:47 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Forrest wrote

>>> The main reason supermarkets put items on special is that they are
>>> overstocked with the product and want to move it off their shelves.

>> Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
>> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.

> What a waste of time.

No time involved at all.

> You just buy whatever you want whenever you feel like it.

Only fools are that stupid. There's a reason you are still a renter
and can't even afford to rent a house.

Re: supermarket items on special

<t7q3vt$1aq7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6295&group=aus.legal#6295

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 22:17:02 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 12:17 UTC

On 8/06/2022 9:47 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
>>> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.
>
>> What a waste of time.
>
> No time involved at all.
>
>> You just buy whatever you want whenever you feel  like it.
>
> Only fools are that stupid. There's a reason you are still a renter
> and can't even afford to rent a house.

I don't rent or own. I live in a tent for free at the park.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1ngl83ysbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6297&group=aus.legal#6297

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 05:40:05 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:40 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> What a waste of time.

>> No time involved at all.

>>> You just buy whatever you want whenever you feel like it.

>> Only fools are that stupid. There's a reason you arestill a renter
>> and can't even afford to rent a house.

> I don't rent or own. I live in a tent for free at the park.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
that you have always been a pathological liar.

Re: supermarket items on special

<9o32ahldqt9r0nmalaqs9ub9cjep6dvrpq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6299&group=aus.legal#6299

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 07:07:56 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:07 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 21:44:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Bullshit. Most stuff is on special periodically and some of us only
>>> buy it when it is on special and buy enough to last till the next time.
>
>> You Scottish ?
>
>Nope, Australian. Not Jewish either.

Routine. If you live close to the supermarket visit it 3 times a week
and case the shelves. There's always something on special either to
clear stock or stuff close to the use-by date. Load up and
store/freeze.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1ngtjq0kbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6300&group=aus.legal#6300

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 08:17:40 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 22:17 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> You Scottish ?

>> Nope, Australian. Not Jewish either.

> Routine.

Yep.

> If you live close to the supermarket visit it 3 times a week
> and case the shelves.

Makes more sense to check the catalog online on Wednesday
when a new one comes out and add the specials you need to
the shopping list and even get real radical and have it
delivered for less than it costs to drive to the supermarket.

> There's always something on special either to
> clear stock or stuff close to the use-by date.

There is far more in the weekly catalog on special.

> Load up and store/freeze.

I do that anyway so its always available at home.

Re: supermarket items on special

<r1c2ah9e2viprvd8od026fn4gkrf1jtmqa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6301&group=aus.legal#6301

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 09:30:03 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 23:30 UTC

On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 08:17:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Nope, Australian. Not Jewish either.
>
>> Routine.
>
>Yep.
>
>> If you live close to the supermarket visit it 3 times a week
>> and case the shelves.
>
>Makes more sense to check the catalog online on Wednesday
>when a new one comes out and add the specials you need to
>the shopping list and even get real radical and have it
>delivered for less than it costs to drive to the supermarket.

I live 5min walk from 2 supermarkets, so it's no trouble.
But I'll check the catalogues...
2 weeks ago a whole fried hot chook was $10, now it's $13!!!!

>> There's always something on special either to
>> clear stock or stuff close to the use-by date.
>
>There is far more in the weekly catalog on special.
I'm rarely home during the day, but perhaps they'll deliver to a
workplace?

>> Load up and store/freeze.
>
>I do that anyway so its always available at home.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1ngyihakbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6302&group=aus.legal#6302

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:04:55 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 00:04 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Routine.

>> Yep.

>>> If you live close to the supermarket visit it 3 times a week
>>> and case the shelves.

>> Makes more sense to check the catalog online on Wednesday
>> when a new one comes out and add the specials you need to
>> the shopping list and even get real radical and have it
>> delivered for less than it costs to drive to the supermarket.

> I live 5min walk from 2 supermarkets, so it's no trouble.

Still a waste of my time and very little of what I eat gets close
to its useby date in a supermarket. Just a few of the ready meals.

> But I'll check the catalogues...
> 2 weeks ago a whole fried hot chook was $10, now it's $13!!!!

Yeah, I used to buy legs of lamb at $9.90
on special now its $13.50 on special.

I used to get the icebert lettuce at about $1
Some are currently stupid enough to pay $10

>>> There's always something on special either to
>>> clear stock or stuff close to the use-by date.

>> There is far more in the weekly catalog on special.

> I'm rarely home during the day,

They deliver right up to 11pm and all weekend and public holidays.

> but perhaps they'll deliver to a workplace?

Yep, they certainly do.

>>> Load up and store/freeze.

>> I do that anyway so its always available at home.

Re: supermarket items on special

<d6f6e552-4e16-460a-b0a3-65c94e4b836cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6304&group=aus.legal#6304

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: d.e.lind...@gmail.com (Forrest)
 by: Forrest - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 04:23 UTC

On Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 7:25:01 PM UTC+10, Rod Speed wrote:
> Forrest <d.e.li...@gmail.com> wrote
> > This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.
> I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed it the
> last time, boy.
>
> > When a supermarket has an item on specialat a reduced price, who takes
> > the loss?
>
> There is no loss.
> > Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?
> Neither.

Well someone winds up with fewer dollars per item sold.

I was wondering whether the manufacturer is prepared to sell for a lower price in order to have their product featured in the supermarket's advertising.

For example if Pepsi is on special, surely coke sales decline?

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nhdd3cwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6307&group=aus.legal#6307

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 15:26:17 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 05:26 UTC

Forrest <d.e.lindstrom@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Forrest <d.e.li...@gmail.com> wrote

>> > This is not really a legal question, but I'll ask here anyway.

>> I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed it the
>> last time, boy.

>> > When a supermarket has an item on specialat a reduced price, who takes
>> > the loss?

>> There is no loss.

>>> Is it the supermarket chain or the manufacturer of the product?

>> Neither.

> Well someone winds up with fewer dollars per item sold.

Not necessarily if the customer buys more stuff due to specials.

> I was wondering whether the manufacturer is prepared to sell for a lower
> price in order to have their product featured in the supermarket's
> advertising.

That is what appears to be happening but it isn't just to
get rid of excess stock or stock that is close to its useby
date, it appears to also be the manufacturers choosing
to operate that way as well.

> For example if Pepsi is on special, surely coke sales decline?

Not really, most don't drink them interchangeably,
they mostly stick to the brand they like.

Re: supermarket items on special

<5353a43d-eecf-4cba-acec-24e4d9eb6408n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6308&group=aus.legal#6308

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 00:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 07:21 UTC

Forrest wrote:
=============

> When a supermarket has an item on special at a reduced price, who takes the loss?

** Advertised "specials" are a marketing strategy intended to increase overall sales.
They act as bait to get customers through the door.
Come in to pick up the special/s and end up doing the week's shopping there as well.

...... Phil

Re: supermarket items on special

<t7s9pr$mju$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6309&group=aus.legal#6309

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 18:08:25 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 08:08 UTC

On 9/06/2022 5:40 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  No time involved at all.

>>>  Only fools are that stupid. There's a reason you arestill a renter
>>> and can't even afford to rent a house.
>
>> I don't rent or own.  I live in a tent for free at the park.
>
> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
> that you  have always been a pathological liar.

I actually own but I live in an area with only apartments because it is
close to my work.

There is no need to scrimp and save on supermarket shopping.

You would save probably a few hundred dollars a year doing that. It
makes no difference.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nhnocp0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6311&group=aus.legal#6311

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 19:08:26 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:08 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I don't rent or own. I live in a tent for free at the park.

>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
>> that you have always been a pathological liar.

> I actually own

Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.

> but I live in an area with only apartments

No such animal.

> because it is close to my work.

> There is no need to scrimp and save on supermarket shopping.

No scrimping and saving involved, just buy the stuff
I choose to eat and consume at the best prices, stupid.

> You would save probably a few hundred dollars a year doing that.

Lot more than that given that I hardly ever buy anything at other than the
specials price.

> It makes no difference.

Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<t7uet7$1rld$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6320&group=aus.legal#6320

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 13:47:47 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 03:47 UTC

On 9/06/2022 7:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
>>> that you  have always been a pathological liar.
>
>> I actually own
>
> Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
> you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.
> >> but I live in an area with only apartments
>
> No such animal.
>
>> because it is  close to my work.
>
>> There is no need to scrimp and save on supermarket shopping.
>
> No scrimping and saving involved, just buy the stuff
> I choose to eat and consume at the best prices, stupid.
>
>> You would save probably a few hundred dollars a year doing that.
>
> Lot more than that given that I hardly ever buy anything at other than
> the specials price.

You probably have loads of stuff in your cupboards and freezers because
you buy so many specials.

Then you would end up chucking a lot of it out, thereby losing the money
you saved.

>> It makes no difference.
>
> Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1ni8svxcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6322&group=aus.legal#6322

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:42:21 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 05:42 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I actually own

>> Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
>> you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.

>> No such animal.

>>> because it is close to my work.

>>> There is no need to scrimp and save on supermarket shopping.

>> No scrimping and saving involved, just buy the stuff
>> I choose to eat and consume at the best prices, stupid.

>>> You would save probably a few hundred dollars a year doing that.

>> Lot more than that given that I hardly ever buy anything at other than
>> the specials price.

> You probably have loads of stuff in your cupboards

Nope, only the beer brewing stuff because I normally
do a mega beer brewing run every year or so and it
makes a lot of sense to buy that stuff at the best price.

> and freezers because you buy so many specials.

Nope, I only buy enough to last until the next special.

It is surprisingly easy to predict when the next one will roughly be.

> Then you would end up chucking a lot of it out,

Nope, that doesn't ever happen. I have never had to chuck anything out.

> thereby losing the money you saved.

Wrong, as always.

>>> It makes no difference.

>> Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<t81eab$2mf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6340&group=aus.legal#6340

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:56:10 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:56 UTC

On 10/06/2022 3:42 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
>>> you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.

>>>  No such animal.

>>> No scrimping and saving involved, just buy the stuff
>>> I choose to eat and consume at the best prices, stupid.

>>>  Lot more than that given that I hardly ever buy anything at other
>>> than the specials price.
>
>> You probably have loads of stuff in your cupboards
>
> Nope, only the beer brewing stuff because I normally
> do a mega beer brewing run every year or so and it
> makes a lot of sense to buy that stuff at the best price.
>
>> and freezers because  you buy so many specials.
>
> Nope, I only buy enough to last until the next special.
>
> It is surprisingly easy to predict when the next one will roughly be.

Sometimes items on special are more expensive than a competitor product
at normal price.

So if you focus on specials you might actually be buying more expensive
products, which means you lose the savings you made.

>> Then you would end up chucking a lot of it out,
>
> Nope, that doesn't ever happen. I have never had to chuck anything out.
>
>> thereby losing the money you saved.
>
> Wrong, as always.

>>>  Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1nlfeyi8byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6341&group=aus.legal#6341

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 20:00:24 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 10:00 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> You probably have loads of stuff in your cupboards
>> Nope, only the beer brewing stuff because I normally
>> do a mega beer brewing run every year or so and it
>> makes a lot of sense to buy that stuff at the best price.
>>
>>> and freezers because you buy so many specials.

>> Nope, I only buy enough to last until the next special.

>> It is surprisingly easy to predict when the next one will roughly be.

> Sometimes items on special are more expensivethan a competitor product
> at normal price.

But I keep track of the best special prices and only every buy those.

> So if you focus on specials you might actuallybe buying more expensive
> products,

Nope, because I keep track of the best special prices and only every buy
those.

> which means you lose the savings you made.

Nope, never happens.

>>> Then you would end up chucking a lot of it out,

>> Nope, that doesn't ever happen. I have never had to chuck anything out.

>>> thereby losing the money you saved.

>> Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<dff92f12-06d7-4a03-bada-29f42371be96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7503&group=aus.legal#7503

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 01:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:40 UTC

On Thursday, June 9, 2022 at 7:08:34 PM UTC+10, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote

> >> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
> >> that you have always been a pathological liar.
>
> > I actually own
> Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
> you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.
> > but I live in an area with only apartments
> No such animal.

There are very few houses in my suburb, but if you knew how much houses were worth in my suburb, it would make your tiny brain explode.

> > because it is close to my work.
>
> > There is no need to scrimp and save on supermarket shopping.
> No scrimping and saving involved, just buy the stuff
> I choose to eat and consume at the best prices, stupid.
> > You would save probably a few hundred dollars a year doing that.
> Lot more than that given that I hardly ever buy anything at other than the
> specials price.
>
> > It makes no difference.
>
> Wrong, as always.

Re: supermarket items on special

<op.1sx0mcofbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7505&group=aus.legal#7505

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:57:38 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 09:57 UTC

Max <maxnews23@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote
>> > Rod Speed wrote

>> are
>> shelves.

>> only

>> > I actually own

>> Don't believe you given your previous lies about what
>> you can force the landlord to do about your hovel.

>> > but I live in an area with only apartments

>> No such animal.

> There are very few houses in my suburb,

Typical welfare burg with nothing like massive great
tower block stuffed with welfare bludgers like you.

> but if you knew how much houses were worth inmy suburb, it would make
> your tiny brain explode.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken psychotic fantasys, dole bludger.