Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:27:42 -0800 (PST)
<3en2ng-ad1.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <b3c61a4b-aca6-4a7e-b26e-c0000e54c9ab@googlegroups.com>
<eum3ng-ftn.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <9c7dacaf-9c3b-4967-bb7a-e7632fe0a04b@googlegroups.com>
<ka55ng-et2.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <3711cdc8-a0a1-466c-917c-3a4c879580ad@googlegroups.com>
<1b104691-0855-4546-a153-6c8782dd748e@googlegroups.com> <tnp6ng-snb.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<5119c8e8-e54b-4db5-a654-0163ac82dda5@googlegroups.com> <825hng-d3k.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<d879a69a-ee0c-4a32-8fa9-af95c74ddaa5@googlegroups.com> <leehng-cnr.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<be88cfb1-f159-437c-a3cc-e2b1a9d43ece@googlegroups.com> <bvbjng-ugt.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<b30b3094-be98-4b4d-b239-de26e0d436b5@googlegroups.com> <0kojng-op8.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<f765eda5-3aee-494c-a3ef-27dea81c3e5b@googlegroups.com> <timung-slj.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<848bb0aa-a565-48b5-bb24-ecb90aa94471@googlegroups.com> <l571og-5s7.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<d7c15849-09e1-4e09-ab0c-6c1566c67b0e@googlegroups.com> <feb1og-97d.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<ba08fe80-779b-4b46-bd1b-0322afb0db84@googlegroups.com> <a4ea702f-10a7-4ebf-8cab-2cd94cab8a66@googlegroups.com>
<a1c8cfb2-f3f0-4f29-96bb-1f238d83c5deo@googlegroups.com> <74e43311-934f-451a-8de0-f3802020aa4cn@googlegroups.com>
<bdbc2d8c-703f-4f36-b041-aae26c9c0a44n@googlegroups.com> <9e9450c0-a14e-4812-b546-5db56d80238cn@googlegroups.com>
<51703ab9-ea45-470d-b7eb-bcfe39428a63n@googlegroups.com> <2dec5161-4993-4110-8d9d-4da5f2d939e8n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Miniatures are the best
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:27 UTC

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:37:59 PM UTC+2, Eli Kesef wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> So like I said, I'm stepping away from the Englund gambit, and switching to the Budapest gambit. The Englund is too well known nowadays, and it is inherently bad. When the enemy knows what he is doing, then you end up with a rotten position.
> The Budapest doesn't have those drawbacks. It has about 11 traps in it. That sounds worse than it is. One is bad, if the enemy sees through it, you lose a piece, so that is unusable. Others demand such weird play from the enemy that it is just not going to happen, but that still leaves a few nice ones. GM Igor Smirnov says that even when the enemy doesn't fall for your trap, you're still left with a good position.
>
> I had a nice Budapest the other day, it lasted 8 moves. It was a weird game, never played a Budapest like that.
> The enemy didn't see the fatal tactic. He thought he was simply going to win a horse, but then he lost his queen for a horse and bishop, and he resigned: https://lichess.org/cDKzunaHQsIb
>
> I'm studying the Budapest a lot, and hope to become quite proficient in it.
>
> Trappy gambits rock!
>
> https://tinyurl.com/Learn-4-Buda-traps

Bs"d

I've been studying the traps in the Budapest gambit today, and it payed off.. In this game https://lichess.org/wQR6xfD1qf3s the enemy started with d4, I answered Nf6, he did c4, I did e5, and we had a Budapest gambit on the board.
He played a little weird, by I got anyway the main trap, and he surrendered on move 8, when he realized he was going to lose his queen.

So the enemy requested another game, and I magnanimously agreed, and now I had white. So of course I started with the Reti opening, Nf3, and he was kind enough to answer d5, so I played e4, and there we had a Tennison gambit on the board.
That gambit went very well, and I mated him on move 9: https://lichess.org/bx1AX5phaFU2

https://tinyurl.com/killtrap