Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:13:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: Rheingau and Aussie Riesling, Sonoma Cab
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 21:13 UTC

Tuesday while a big storm approached, we had chili (turley and chorizo) I had made Sunday before we were invited out.
1987 Kalin Cabernet Sauvignon
Black currant and cherry, tobacco leaf, herbaceous. Bright, funky, and long.. A-

Wednesday Betsy made yaki udon, we had friends over and went Riesling v. Riesling

2001 Leitz Rudesheimer Kirchenpfad Riesling Spatlese
Lively, though a little less zip than I expected from 2001. Peach, citrus zest, a little petrol. Decent length, not a star ‘01 but fun. B

2022 Grosset Polish Hill Riesling (Clare Valley)
Green apple, citrus, and a light piney note. With air there’s an almost Chenin- like waxy/wooly note. I’ve had Polish Hill before but it’s been awhile, I remembered as more like an Austrian Smaragd, this was more delicate. Fun, B/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.