From: dan...@yahoo.com (Dan_the_Man)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: South Jersey - part 4
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 13:31:34 -0500
 by: Dan_the_Man - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:31 UTC

With our de facto host Dale Williams briefly on the sidelines, I will do
my best to pinch hit with my final installment on southern New Jersey
wines purchased in late summer of '23.

My last stop was a winery just northwest of Cape May called Turdo
Vineyards. At the time, it was owned by the Italian-born couple of
Salvatore and Sara Turdo, very pleasant folks who knew their wines. At
the end of the year, they retired and turned the operation over to son
Luca who was already producing wines of his own under the DiLuca handle.
Wines made by the mother and father carried the name Turis.

2022 DiLuca Blanco Albarino
Light yellow color, tangy aromas of pineapple/pear/apple with pineapple
and peach flavors dominant, off-dry.

2021 DiLuca Rosso Tempranillo/Syrah
Opaque black plum color, black cherry & blackberry aromas with a pinch
of leather, flavors of dark berries, plum and black pepper.
My favorite of all the wines I tried on this trip!

2021 Turis Persara (Bordeaux blend)
Maroon color, bouquet of raspberry and cherry with a hint of tobacco,
blend of black cherry, plum and black pepper flavors with vanilla on the
finish.

Dan-O

Re: South Jersey - part 4

<47bf7fa4-76b5-4531-bd2b-7e2654336732n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=638&group=alt.food.wine#638

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:19:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: South Jersey - part 4
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:19 UTC

On Saturday, January 27, 2024 at 1:31:38 PM UTC-5, Dan_the_Man wrote:
> With our de facto host Dale Williams briefly on the sidelines, I will do
> my best to pinch hit with my final installment on southern New Jersey
> wines purchased in late summer of '23.
>
> My last stop was a winery just northwest of Cape May called Turdo
> Vineyards. At the time, it was owned by the Italian-born couple of
> Salvatore and Sara Turdo, very pleasant folks who knew their wines. At
> the end of the year, they retired and turned the operation over to son
> Luca who was already producing wines of his own under the DiLuca handle.
> Wines made by the mother and father carried the name Turis.
>
> 2022 DiLuca Blanco Albarino
> Light yellow color, tangy aromas of pineapple/pear/apple with pineapple
> and peach flavors dominant, off-dry.
>
> 2021 DiLuca Rosso Tempranillo/Syrah
> Opaque black plum color, black cherry & blackberry aromas with a pinch
> of leather, flavors of dark berries, plum and black pepper.
> My favorite of all the wines I tried on this trip!
>
> 2021 Turis Persara (Bordeaux blend)
> Maroon color, bouquet of raspberry and cherry with a hint of tobacco,
> blend of black cherry, plum and black pepper flavors with vanilla on the
> finish.
>
> Dan-O
Who knew Tempranillo would be the fave in NJ! Nice notes. Turdo is an unfortunate name,. :)