He who has a shady past knows that nice guys finish last.

interests / alt.food.wine / Re: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhone

SubjectAuthor
* TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhonedalewilli...@gmail.com
`* Re: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhonegreybeard
 `- Re: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, RhoneEric Lafontaine

1
TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhone

<84c57350-8479-4191-a960-7ac9d5adb016n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=646&group=alt.food.wine#646

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:48:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhone
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 22:48 UTC

(have been trying to get T-birg and Eternal Sept to work, but this might be my last post here)
Soba bowls with grilled chicken and Shanghai tips with shiitakes and maitakes
2011 Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst Kabinett (#3)
Nervy for a 2011, racy acids with bright peach and lime fruit. Excellent length, this can age a long time but pretty delicious now.A-

1990 Domaine de Vallouit Les Sables Syrah (Collines Rhodaniennes )
Never heard of producer, this was maybe better than very low expectations. Some black cherry and a little hint of prune, touch of barnyard,roasted meat. Holds up for a bit then gets ashtray-ey. C+

2012 Domaine Carneros (Taittinger) LD
This was actually quite nice, chalky, bready, with lemony fruit. Nice bead, good finish. B+

Duck breast, green beans, sweet potato, spinach
1999 Morot”Marconnets” Beaune 1er
Midbodied, black cherry and raspberry, very earthy, modest length.B/B+

Skate in a pepper/caper brown butter, artichoke cuscinetti ( ravioli), salad
2017 Cervaro della Sala (Antinori)
Plenty of oak, but good acids, crisp orchard fruits with lemon and a gingery spice note. B+

Some friends over for a Lunar New Year feast. I made longevity noodles and a whole steamed bass, Betsy made bok choy, and Nancy made shrimp dumplings. We also picked up spring rolls, fried pot stickers, duck, and assorted dumplings from a local Chinese grocery (they have dim sum ish stuff on weekends)
NV Gosset Grand Rose
Apple, cherry, orange peel, and rye bread. Complex and full. B++

2014 Pepiere Briords Muscadet
One of my favorite vintages of one of my favorite bottlings. Rich, bracing acids, oystershell and citrus. Long, saline, and complex. A-

2011 Leitz Rudesheimer Berg Roseneck Spatlese
Exotic, with lush mango and papaya, honey accents, tropical flowers, sweet but with good acids. A bit much for me but well done. B

1986 Beychevelle
Chosen for dragon boat label (year of the Dragon). Quite refined tannins for a 1986, cassis and black plum with leathery cigarbox notes and a little minty spice.Sorry my only bottle. A-/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhone

<ur33rh$2mdev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=647&group=alt.food.wine#647

From: nob...@nowhere.invalid (greybeard)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:59:29 +1300
 by: greybeard - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 20:59 UTC

On 20/02/24 11:48, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> (have been trying to get T-birg and Eternal Sept to work, but this might be my last post here)

I've been using Tbird & eternal september for a couple of decades.
If I can get to work, You can!

If you stop then this ng will DIE..............
Keep up the good work Dale.

https://www.eternal-september.org/

https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

https://www.big-8.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Usenet

Re: TN: Bubbles, Rieslings, St Julien, Burg, Umbria, Rhone

<urcvln$18574$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=648&group=alt.food.wine#648

From: y...@ventre-apathique.com (Eric Lafontaine)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:49:27 +0100
 by: Eric Lafontaine - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:49 UTC

On 2024-02-20 21:59, greybeard wrote:
> On 20/02/24 11:48, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
>> (have been trying to get T-birg and Eternal Sept to work, but this
>> might be my last post here)

With the older versions of Thunderbird, eternal-september was refreshed
automatically.
With the recent ones, I need to click on Get Messages (Menu Bar).

--
Éric Lafontaine